The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2019, 03:46 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Not sure if this has already been posted but the tabloids are already talking about guests visiting Frogmore:

https://www.express.co.uk/news/royal...tin-royal-baby

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 04-07-2019, 05:13 PM
Heir Presumptive

Peach colour is often an undercoat before the white top coat is applied. Or a primer undercoat.

Old 04-07-2019, 05:26 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
Not sure if this has already been posted but the tabloids are already talking about guests visiting Frogmore:

Nice for Meghan to have some company in these last weeks. Makes sense he would visit since he was in London for business anyways. I am sure she is now nesting comfortably in her new home, and waiting for baby, having a friendly face around was welcome.
Old 04-07-2019, 09:04 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post

I do not believe this story at all; I don't see him being her first visitor.
Old 04-07-2019, 11:16 PM
Imperial Majesty

They just moved in less then a week ago. They likely haven't had many visitors. Maybe some of their local friends have stopped in

Think the article was more Meghan's friends. The non-local aka American ones. The first one to come see her new home. It makes sense he would stop in since he was in London. I am sure her other friends will come see as well.
Old 04-08-2019, 10:18 PM
Serene Highness

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...able-plot.html
Wasn’t sure whether to put this here or in the general news thread - since it’s the DM who knows whether there’s any truth to the story - although it makes sense knowing Meghan and Harry’s interests. I recall reading that Catherine was a gardener as well.
Is it currently veg planting time at Windsor?
Old 04-08-2019, 11:34 PM
Majesty

Harry's reputedly fond of gardening and it's probably a good idea to grow your own fruit and veg if you have the room.

Veg calendar for UK

Monthly sowing guide
Old 04-08-2019, 11:42 PM
Heir Apparent

Wouldn’t surprise me. Didn’t they also plant flowers at NottCott that ended up being in her bouquet?
Old 04-08-2019, 11:53 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
Wouldn’t surprise me. Didn’t they also plant flowers at NottCott that ended up being in her bouquet?
Not sure if they planted the flowers, but yes the flowers for her bouquet came from Nott cottage's garden.

I don't see the couple spending long hours gardening, but the organic garden is believable. Some where for Meghan or Harry to pick some herbs and items for their dinner. More convenient then driving to the nearest organic shop in Windsor and more fulfilling.
Old 04-09-2019, 02:20 AM
Imperial Majesty

The Prince of Wales will be thrilled to see that his once "weirdo hobby" organic farming has now also set fruit in his two sons' lives. And right they are. Why not grow your own vegs and herbs, if you have the space?

Lots of palaces and stately homes used to have their own vegetables-, fruits-, herbs-, flowers- and medicinal gardens. The garden was multi-purpose and serving the house in different ways.

Good to see the Sussexes go that way too.
Old 04-09-2019, 08:19 AM
Majesty

I would think that Harry's memories of Highgrove and growing up there weigh heavy on his mind just like the light switches.
An organic garden and newly landscaped grounds? You can't tell me they haven't and are still, picking Pa's brains.

Just think of the wounderful tree house he's built for the grandchildren. What a wonderful adventures they are going to have.
Old 04-09-2019, 08:46 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
You can't tell me they haven't and are still, picking Pa's brains.
Oh I'd be willing to bet my last cheese danish that Charles is right there in the thick of it all and having a blast doing it.

Sometimes following in one's father's footsteps leaves mud on the boots.
Old 04-09-2019, 09:50 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by sndral View Post
Good grief! Having an organic veg garden isn't newsworthy in 2019. I do wonder if newspaper bods live in the 1970s, when it was seen as alternative & a bit whacky.
Old 04-09-2019, 10:02 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilyflo View Post
Good grief! Having an organic veg garden isn't newsworthy in 2019. I do wonder if newspaper bods live in the 1970s, when it was seen as alternative & a bit whacky.
To be fair, the Prince of Wales was seen as a weirdo with his organic hobby. Now time has so proven how right he was all the time. But you know the newspapers: a framing remains for ever: Princess Pushy, The Goof Who Talks To Plants, Prince Pils, no matter how people change, age and mature, such a frame often sticks. Sadly also the framing of organic farms as a hobby for the privileged. ("We go to Iceland, the meatballs are in offer luv'...").
Old 04-09-2019, 10:04 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Not sure if they planted the flowers, but yes the flowers for her bouquet came from Nott cottage's garden.

I don't see the couple spending long hours gardening, but the organic garden is believable. Some where for Meghan or Harry to pick some herbs and items for their dinner. More convenient then driving to the nearest organic shop in Windsor and more fulfilling.
IIRC I think it was in their audio for their wedding display that had Meghan (or Harry) stating they had planted flowers specifically for the wedding but some of them didn't bloom because of the weather. So I am not surprised by this addition to their home.
Old 04-10-2019, 04:38 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
Harry's reputedly fond of gardening and it's probably a good idea to grow your own fruit and veg if you have the room.

Veg calendar for UK

Monthly sowing guide
Charles is also a keen gardener, as is known, so it doesn't surprise me that Harry's taken up his father's interest. I'm sure I remember reading once that Catherine said she also has a vegetable garden/patch for George and Charlotte at Kensington. It's great to get kids to help with the gardening and it's been psychologically proven that outdoor activities such as gardening improve mental wellbeing, so I'm glad that Baby Sussex and any potential future siblings will be taking this up.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 04-11-2019, 06:25 AM
Royal Highness

A walking tour of the town of Windsor and distant views of newly renovated Frogmore Cottage:
Old 04-18-2019, 11:14 AM
Nobility

For what it is worth, given the heated conversation not long ago here

https://twitter.com/chrisshipitv/sta...63783101906950
Old 04-18-2019, 11:25 AM
Majesty

I understand they had triple glazing installed during the renovations.
Old 04-18-2019, 12:17 PM
Imperial Majesty

Yeah and they knew what they were getting..they stayed at Windsor/visited Windsor while dating...it must of been something they figured they would deal with when they accepted FC to live in.

LaRae

Closed Thread