Sussex Residences

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How are they going to split their time? In a few years Archie will be going to school, is he going to be educated abroad or in the UK? How are they going to bring him home (except in the summer) if he is at school in Canada?

If he goes to school in Canada there is

-two months every summer
-nearly two weeks at Christmas
-week in spring for spring break
-week in fall for fall break

Also the odd long weekend like Easter they could come back as well. And that won’t be for another four years until he starts kindergarten. If he goes to preschool he could miss more.

Even if they choose to only come back for at least a week that’s four times a year he could be brought and not miss school. Three months of the year. No one said equally divided but that’s still a good chunk.

-two months every summer
-nearly two weeks at Christmas
-week in spring for spring break
-week in fall for fall break

With a Mother who [evidently] dislikes being here ? It seems unlikely.

Last edited:
Let's get back on topic please and discuss Frogmore Cottage, not debate how long each year Harry and Meghan will use it, followed by discussions that should be taking place in another thread.

it surprised me that frogmore cottage (along with all of windsor estate) is right on the air path of the flights leaving / arriving in heathrow. i was surprised they chose frogmore cottage out of all residences given this. who knows, maybe the noise isn't too bad but i wonder how much of this they can hear from their residence in frogmore cottage.

I don't believe that they had a choice. HM offered them Frogmore Cottage and while many other residences have been talked about, the only one actually spoken of by the BRF was Frogmore Cottage.

I don't believe that they had a choice. HM offered them Frogmore Cottage and while many other residences have been talked about, the only one actually spoken of by the BRF was Frogmore Cottage.

They were also offered Apartment 1. Harry and Meghan confirmed that on their website when they explained why they picked Frogmore instead. I personally think it was the original plan but then whatever happened happened.

IIRC they said 1A was going to take something like 18 months to renovate and that didn't mesh with the timeline well. Then Frogmore was offered.

LaRae

The LA House:Harry and Meghan’s American Home.

I think the Royal Couple’s plans are long term, and that at some stage it will become known where they have settled down.

I certainly have been following each house the media has been reporting they have been checking out.

What struck me though was that although no-one in the general public has ever seen inside Frogmore Cottage - their first real home together as they were involved in the renovation and decoration themselves ...

...the case now is that I and anyone on the planet, can see the interior of whichever house they choose.

Not from the photos in a media article, but from the real estate listings.

The current favourite being reported on by The Sun, Daily Mail etc is very easy to find on Google Earth, as present and past real estate listings have disclosed it’s address on Shadow Mountain Drive.

And while there are a lot of the same photos being used - interior photos also - there are so many sites promoting this house from when it was listed last year, even in “Variety”. There are many, many photos to pour over.

Do I think this house is more likely than Petra Manor or the Mel Gibson house that negotiations over price fell through on? Not particularly, though it did strike me as odd when the listing agent described it as “Fit for a King and Queen” and said the grounds were “ reminiscent” of a “royal estate”.

Why use those terms when your normal market is the entertainment industry, why not say “Fit or a Star”, “Fit for an A-Lister”. Did the Royal Couple inquire and there was some excitement about that? If it was me I’d want to drop some hints too!

Anyway, whether this house or some other, as I wrote above, I think it will become known at some point where they are living.

And even if they buy a property that is not publicly listed when they take it over, there may well be older real estate listings from prior owners selling.

This was never an issue with the interior of most Royal homes in the past. Remember the dearth of photos of Frogmore Cottage when that was first known. And, although we’ve seen some of the Queen’s, Cambridges, Prince of Wales interiors, we’ve never seen their bedrooms or bathrooms. No-one has seen inside Princess Beatrice or Eugenie’s homes.

As to this most recent property, I love how when you don’t have a garage to put your car in, and you have to park in front of your house, you get to call that a “motor court”.

And I’m not worried that the vinyl flooring will have to be removed in the screening room - some people think chemicals are omitted from such floors.

This is what we call a floating floor in Australia. (Floating because it just sits, locked slat into slat, on top of the actual floor.)

We know the couple put one of those down in Frogmore. (And if it’s been glued down, forget removing it.)

All the reported upon properties have had drawbacks of course, but all have been beautifully presented, so I’m sure wherever the Duke and Duchess finally put down roots for their American life, it will be a wonderful, wonderful house.

Last edited:
It seems that often the 'rumours' of a house that is bought by a celebrity is just a rumour that is started by the real estate agent when he/she has difficulties selling the property or wants to get the price up.

I can't count the times we had articles in the Dutch press about Justin Bieber, Madonna etc. buying a ghastly new & flashy apartment in Amsterdam. They never actually did buy one of course. But it will attract a certain type of client that the real estate agent is looking for: flashy types with lots of new money that they can spend easily. I imagine that a lot of the rumoured houses for the Sussex couple in reality will not even be known to the couple.

Indeed. By my count this is Harry and Meghan's 10th home. Lol

Wow. That's one hell of a house.

Considering it's a DM story and there are no confirmations from anyone reputable...this is just the 45th house now they have either bought or are renting since last year.

LaRae

Last edited by a moderator:
IF this story is true
The Sussexes are hardly living a life of 'wealth and privilege' if they haven't bought the LA property and are merely borrowing or renting it for a time, just as happened with the Canadian house.

And the rest of Harry's family, including the Tindalls and Phillips, aren't exactly living in two up two down cottages in rural slums either.

IF this story is true
The Sussexes are hardly living a life of 'wealth and privilege' if they haven't bought the LA property and are merely borrowing or renting it for a time, just as happened with the Canadian house.

And the rest of Harry's family, including the Tindalls and Phillips, aren't exactly living in two up two down cottages in rural slums either.

I think they need to buy a place,. unless they are living rent free they're wasting a lot of money....

IF this story is true

How many people who aren’t living a life of “wealth and privilege” do you know that are either “borrowing” or renting an $18 Million Dollar mansion? Let’s be real here....

[...]

Here's a link to the Tyler Perry house the Duke and Duchess are being reported as living in.

Photos of 19 Beverly Ridge Terrace, Beverly Hills, currently at the top of this real estate website. Exterior shots only, fourteen photos.

(Note if you follow this link and see it says number 8, that is a different, smaller property. The three photos at the top are of the Tyler Perry house, number 19, also described on a couple of other real estate websites. There are photos of the land boundaries also on the internet, and a few photos of the site before the house was constructed. And Kyle's husband has dealt with Mr Tyler on previous property transactions in LA.)

https://listingzen.com/property/2927

[...]

And again, IF this story is true
All members of royal families from all over the world have wealthy friends from whom they borrow planes, yachts, holiday villas and don't pay or pay very little for them. It's not usual in that world to borrow a caravan or trailer to live in so it's all relative.

This place really says Hollywood lifestyle however temporary it maybe. It makes Frogmore seem so homely...but each to their own. I wonder if they have all of it or part of it.

[...]

H&M have merely borrowed a home for a short period of time from a friend till they find their feet and begin their new lives.

The question to me is about judgement and whether the couple, as advised by Meghan's PR firm, Sunshine Sachs, saw any potential downsides of such a home as their "starter" home in their new lives.

H&M have merely borrowed a home for a short period of time from a friend

Always handy to have friends with some spare homes here and there ;).

These American houses are usually gigantic to our European eye as we seldom see private properties of this size. But like so many of these kind of new mansions I find it simply ghastly from an architectural point of view. The fountain alone would be enought o drive me mad, let alone all the faux Tuscan elements combined with faux neo-Classical elements with a faux art-nouveau staircase added to the mix.

The location does seem wonderful though and it must be a great place to stay in, when you do not have to look at the building itself.

Last edited:
Always handy to have friends with some spare homes here and there ;).

Clearly long standing and close relationship with this friend.

These American houses are usually gigantic to our European eye as we seldom see private properties of this size. But like so many of these kind of new mansions I find it simply ghastly from an architectural point of view. The fountain alone would be enough to drive me mad, let alone all the faux Tuscan elements combined with faux neo-Classical elements with a faux art-nouveau staircase added to the mix.

The location does seem wonderful though and it must be a great place to stay in, when you do not have to look at the building itself.

I get your point about architectural style.

[...]

I don't expect them to live in a shack, and it is possible that they were advised a certain property for security. However as this is only rented/ barrowed - we really cant say anything.

Please note that several posts have been edited or removed (and subsequent responses) that discuss the media and other themes unrelated to the topic of the thread.

[...]

I don't expect them to live in a shack, and it is possible that they were advised a certain property for security. However as this is only rented/ barrowed - we really cant say anything.
Nobody is suggesting they live in a shack. However, there is a huge difference between that alternative and a 18 million dollar mansion. To me it shows the enormous disparity between their own lives (in extreme wealth and privilege) and those they are advocating for.

Nobody is suggesting they live in a shack. However, there is a huge difference between that alternative and a 18 million dollar mansion. To me it shows the enormous disparity between their own lives (in extreme wealth and privilege) and those they are advocating for.

Isn’t that the royal family as a whole?

Anyways, who knows if this is true. I remember the endless articles about them living in Malibu only for that to end up wrong. But if they staying as a guest in the home of a mutual friend, then whatever.

Where they live is really of no one’s concern.

These American houses are usually gigantic to our European eye as we seldom see private properties of this size. But like so many of these kind of new mansions I find it simply ghastly from an architectural point of view. The fountain alone would be enought o drive me mad, let alone all the faux Tuscan elements combined with faux neo-Classical elements with a faux art-nouveau staircase added to the mix.

This!!
I wondered whether I was the only person who found the place hideous; glad to know I'm not!
(But really, I dislike most modern architecture...always looks boxy to me.)

Again ppl before you pile on about this house...we don't know if this is even true...this is not the first story the DM has run (or TMZ, hardly reputable) about the house the Sussexes have supposedly bought/rented.

Frankly I am not a fan of most modern styles nor of big houses. So the pics of Tyler Perry's house don't impress me much.

Private doesn't mean living as hermits or living in isolation on an island.

LaRae

Yet again, posts that have nothing to do with the topic of the thread or seek to re-ignite debates and circular arguments, thus deliberately ignoring previous Mod notes have been deleted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom