Sussex Residences

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.itv.com/news/2019-01-31/harry-and-meghan-to-move-to-new-home-frogmore-cottage-in-march/

According to Chris Ship the Sussexes will be moving into Frogmore Cottage in March.

We've heard previously that the renovations are going faster than expected but it must not have been as extensive as we were lead to believe if the couple can move in by March.

I wonder if much of the removal and small scale interior work that did not need approval was started right after the wedding before the planning documents for bigger renovations were submitted in October help move things along faster and keep plans for Frogmore Cottage away from the media and public domain for as long as possible

Last edited:
I was one of the skeptics about the feasibility of such a quick move-in date, but if renovations did move along that quickly that is excellent news. It would be much nicer to be in the house and settled, with everything put away, pictures hung, nursery decorated, etc. before the baby comes along than to make the move afterwards.

If they are going to be living in Frogmore Cottage when the baby comes, I wonder if this means that the labor and delivery are planned for a hospital near Windsor?

https://www.itv.com/news/2019-01-31/harry-and-meghan-to-move-to-new-home-frogmore-cottage-in-march/

According to Chris Ship the Sussexes will be moving into Frogmore Cottage in March.

We've heard previously that the renovations are going faster than expected but it must not have been as extensive as we were lead to believe if the couple can move in by March.

I wonder if much of the removal and small scale interior work that did not need approval was started right after the wedding before the planning documents for bigger renovations were submitted in October help move things along faster and to help keep plans for Frogmore Cottage away from the media and public domain.

Probably a lot went on behind the scenes earlier than was perceived. I actually like the idea of them being in the home before baby is born. It takes a lot of stress off moving, unpacking and decorating with a new born in tow. If they do move by March, they'll have plenty of time to get situated before baby arrives and be comfortable.

I think many suspect they got started earlier than realized and likely have been working round the clock. So the massive renovation is done and the smaller stuff can be worked on as they settle in. Pretty normal. March makes sense as it gives them a little time before baby arrives to get situated.

I was one of the skeptics about the feasibility of such a quick move-in date, but if renovations did move along that quickly that is excellent news. It would be much nicer to be in the house and settled, with everything put away, pictures hung, nursery decorated, etc. before the baby comes along than to make the move afterwards.

If they are going to be living in Frogmore Cottage when the baby comes, I wonder if this means that the labor and delivery are planned for a hospital near Windsor?

It's mentioned in the Chris Ship article that the Duke & Duchess of Sussex are making plans to move into Frogmore House in March in preparation for the baby's expected arrival in late April or early May. The Ship article also points out that the Countess of Wessex delivered her two children at Frimley Hospital in Surrey, which is closest to Windsor. It was also earlier rumored that the Duchess of Sussex was possibly going to choose Frimley Hospital rather than the Lindo Wing at St. Mary's:

"The Duke and Duchess of Sussex’s move to Windsor also means they may have to chose a different hospital for the birth...
Frimley Park Hospital in Surrey is closer to Windsor and it’s also where Harry’s Aunt Sophie, the Countess of Wessex, had both of her children, Lady Louise Windsor and James, Viscount Severn."

At either hospital Meghan will receive the best of care but at least if it's Frimley the couple, their baby and possibly nanny or Doria won't be squashed into a two bedroom cottage. There will be room to breathe at Frogmore.
I must admit I am surprised that most if not all of the work will be finished by next month, including probably the interior decoration. That smell of new paint hopefully won't linger around if they've already moved in! I was expecting asbestos removal, possibly new flooring, maybe trouble with dry rot, so, if things are going this well that's great!

They probably chose Frogmore when they became engaged or even before because we know that Harry took Meghan for long walks through the Windsor HOme Park and surely to Frogmore while he was courting her - so maybe they went to the Mausoleum and enjoyed the gardens and then saw the cottage and started dreaming about living there and not all the time in London with their kids. So interior work could have started right after they decided to get married and the queen surely loved their choice, as it means that they are close by with their child when she retires to Windsor more and more. We won't know but I can imagine the queen stopping for a cup of tea at one of her rides through the Home Park. At Windsor she can be the granny. Aren't there stables close by?

:previous: Yes, I believe there are, as the Queen enjoys riding and she loves her horses.

Here's a recent article noting that the Queen is offering the Sussexes their choice of available art from the Royal Collection, as a housewarming gift (which QE-II previously did for the Cambridges when they moved into Anmer Hall):
https://www.express.co.uk/news/roya...te-the-queen-prince-harry-frogmore-royal-baby

I recently read this book by the Royal Collection: 100 Treasures of Windsor Castle. I wonder if any of these paintings and artifacts are part of the works available for H&M to select from. Selections from this collection are very amazing, historical and awe-inspiring. It must be even more astounding to go in-person on the tour of the collection at Windsor Castle! Queen Mary's dollhouse, the sculpture, and valuable paintings of royal ancestors are quite exquisite. I especially love the bronze tiger on the cover of the book. The tiger was plundered from an East Indian royal, Tipu Sultan. Last summer, some pieces from the Royal Collection at Windsor Castle and at Buckingham Palace, along with pieces from Prince Charles' private collection went on display at BP:
https://e3.365dm.com/18/07/1600x900...6256.jpg?bypass-service-worker&20180719184935

https://news.sky.com/story/prince-charles-art-collection-goes-on-display-11442308

The paintings of William and Harry in uniform (which appear in the above article) are cool. I look forward to eventually seeing an official first portrait painting of DoS Meghan.

Last edited:
Apparently once thy move to Frogmore the Sussex's will no longer use Notts Cottage:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-6686875/TALK-TOWN-No-reunion-Royal-Fab-Four.html

PS Royal watchers will be interested to learn that Harry and Meghan will soon not have a base in London.

They are renovating Frogmore Cottage, their ten-bedroom home in Windsor, and plan to move out of their two-bedroom berth in Kensington Palace’s Nottingham Cottage – near Prince William and Kate’s apartment – once the work is completed in the next few weeks.

Nottingham Cottage will no doubt continue to hold happy memories for Harry and Meghan – it is where he got down on one knee and proposed while cooking a chicken supper.

But, as they prepare for their first child in April, they seem determined Windsor will be the family home.

Apparently once thy move to Frogmore the Sussex's will no longer use Notts Cottage:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-6686875/TALK-TOWN-No-reunion-Royal-Fab-Four.html

PS Royal watchers will be interested to learn that Harry and Meghan will soon not have a base in London.

They are renovating Frogmore Cottage, their ten-bedroom home in Windsor, and plan to move out of their two-bedroom berth in Kensington Palace’s Nottingham Cottage – near Prince William and Kate’s apartment – once the work is completed in the next few weeks.

Nottingham Cottage will no doubt continue to hold happy memories for Harry and Meghan – it is where he got down on one knee and proposed while cooking a chicken supper.

But, as they prepare for their first child in April, they seem determined Windsor will be the family home.

Pure speculation. This coming from a paper that had several different cottages listed as their home before Frogmore was announced.

Its true, Frogmore is going to be their family home. But they will need a London base. Until something is confirmed, and not by the DM, no reason to think Notts wont be used for that purpose for now.

:previous: Also, in the official KP release stating that the Sussexes would be moving to Frogmore Cottage, wasn't it mentioned that they would contine to maintain an office base at KP? As well, a suite of rooms at KP or even St. James' Palace could at some point be made available to the Sussexes for the purpose of overnight stays in London.

I don't know if this information is true, as it has not been confirmed, but I read in a recent issue of US weekly that Meghan and Harry are actually playing it by ear regarding what hospital they might use for the baby's birth. That's reportedly because they can't be certain of the exact date they will be moving into Frogmore House, so they want to have more than one hospital option available. It's also reported but unconfirmed that security has completed trial runs to the hospitals the Sussexes are considering in order to be on top of contingency plans.

The article also mentions that the Sussexes will either take the baby back to Nott Cott if they haven't moved into Frogmore by the baby's birth, or directly to their rented home in the Cotswolds. I'm sure this is all up in the air by this point, since H&M are planning to give up the rental after pictures of the property were outed in the press.

WOW! So the tent that was covering the house is now gone! Seems like things are moving fast indeed!

Any updates on the renovation of Frogmore Cottage?

I hope that the next update is that they have officially moved. Nothing else.

I am not sure an official announcement of the move will actually happen as it is a private matter. Their offices will remain at KP.

I am not sure an official announcement of the move will actually happen as it is a private matter. Their offices will remain at KP.

There was a statement when Kate and William moved to London full time, even though their offices had always been there. Wouldn't be surprised if there is one about Harry and Meghan.

They aren't private citizens like Eugenie and Jack.

HRH The Duchess of Sussex is a working member of the royal family via marriage and she’s American. Now that the Duke & Duchess are starting a family surely Meghan and the royal children at least, will make trips every now and then to her homeland to visit trusted family/friends etc., meaning she may be needing a home at some point. I’m not sure about the use of hotels given the obvious presence of State security detail does little to ensure privacy and the current gnashing of teeth about the recent travel to her homeland. I think visiting her mum’s house is out of the question unfortunately since someone shamelessly staged a pap scam right outside her front door/porch, leaving the house even more exposed than it was before. And unlike the perpetrator, Doria doesn’t reside in a security-guarded gated community :sad:

Hopefully something can be sorted out in time.

Last edited:
Is there any idea yet whether the Sussexes will continue to keep hold of Nottingham Cottage? If not, is there actually a need for them to have another second home in the future? Windsor seems to be ideally located - near enough to London, but also more in the countryside.

Andrew and the Wessexes have big homes near Windsor yet also have flatlets in BP that are convenient for overnight stays when there are evening engagements in central London. I don't see why the Sussexes should be left without a bolthole.

If the Sussexes do vacate Nott Cott, I wonder who'll get it?
The RF won't let it stand empty.

Maybe Beatrice? She must have someplace she stays when in London, she won't want to go back and forth to Royal Lodge late at night.

I've just got a feeling that the Šussexes will keep Nott Cott for the time being. It's just very nice for engagements in central London when they might not want to face a drive home, especially if there's another engagement early the next day. In their private lives too there might be late night parties. It's just a very convenient bolt hole IMO.

I've just got a feeling that the Šussexes will keep Nott Cott for the time being. It's just very nice for engagements in central London when they might not want to face a drive home, especially if there's another engagement early the next day. In their private lives too there might be late night parties. It's just a very convenient bolt hole IMO.

IMO, it would make sense to keep Nott Cott as a London bolthole.

"Renewed claims today that Frogmore Cottage won’t be ready for Harry and Meghan to move into this month as planned. Builders told the Sunday Express last month it was likely to be Easter before the Sussexes moved in but sources close to the couple have maintained they are on track"

Via Richard Palmer Twitter

"Renewed claims today that Frogmore Cottage won’t be ready for Harry and Meghan to move into this month as planned. Builders told the Sunday Express last month it was likely to be Easter before the Sussexes moved in but sources close to the couple have maintained they are on track"

Via Richard Palmer Twitter

I guess they will move when they move. No point speculating, as the Press don't seem to know the exact status of the renovation.

This is one of the reason why I really don't understand FC as a main residence. I know people talk about how the Queen loves Windsor etc but I am currently looking at a country home to buy and Windsor is awful for that. You cannot even enjoy your garden in peace. There is no quiet. When I asked potential neighbours they said you get used to it but really... I have enough of the airplanes & helicopters in central London so why spend millions to not even be able to enjoy your garden in peace? That being said since, apparently, they wanted a country home as a main residence I don't think they had many other choices that close to London :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom