The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-23-2018, 08:07 PM
Royal Highness

Frogmore Cottage is the best fit. Harry and Meghan spent a lot of time in the area pre-engagement. Their engagement photos, wedding and reception were at Windsor. They will live in the security of the private part of Windsor Castle. Win win!

Old 11-23-2018, 08:11 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terri Terri View Post
Frogmore Cottage is the best fit. Harry and Meghan spent a lot of time in the area pre-engagement. Their engagement photos, wedding and reception were at Windsor. They will live in the security of the private part of Windsor Castle. Win win!
It is a good fit, however, security is a massive issue. And they will also be displacing Windsor staff. I think waiting for an announcement is key. Hopefully it will spell out concerns about staff displacement and security.

Old 11-23-2018, 08:15 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
There you go. Frogmore.

How does this verify anything? The same argument has been made for other properties at KP.

LaRae
Old 11-23-2018, 08:16 PM
Imperial Majesty

The Sussex’s and Cambridge’s aren’t separating folks. They will live in separate places, but those four are sticking together for a very long time. Especially under their Royal Foundation.

A.W. TOZER
Old 11-23-2018, 08:20 PM
Super Moderator

Frogmore Cottage makes a lot more sense than living in the Cotwolds. If nothing else, I can't see commuting that amount of time and distance for engagements which are frequently in London when there is a baby involved.

On the other hand, security is a significant issue, and I suppose would involve relocating the public path. Even if the number of days per year that Frogmore is open are few, having people basically being able to see into the windows as they go by would concern me if I were in charge of security.
Old 11-23-2018, 08:23 PM
Imperial Majesty

How many homes is this now that HM has 'gifted' to Harry and Meghan? 5, 6 or more. Every few weeks a new 'house' is gifted. No doubt one day one will be correct, maybe this is a correct story but given how many times this story comes out but with a different 'cottage' 'house' etc I am not sure if I am ready to believe this.

When the announcement comes from BP, KP or CH then it will be believable (something like an entry in the CC for instance ... which in the past, for instance was quite a regular occurrence - Bagshot and Royal Lodge were regular appearances for Andrew and Edward but from the mid 2000s onwards it was only BP for them.
Old 11-23-2018, 08:26 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
How does this verify anything? The same argument has been made for other properties at KP.

LaRae
It would be a pretty big coincidence if it’s not Frogmore Cottage given sensitive planning applications were filed last month.
Old 11-23-2018, 08:48 PM
Majesty

They’ll probably get a long term lease like Edward has. Frogmore Cottage is a Crown estate property so it’s not a ‘gift’ from the Queen.
Old 11-23-2018, 08:51 PM
Heir Apparent

Leasing a property at Windsor makes a lot of sense, And with the application for renovation seems to have some veracity.
But there are other things in Emily’s story that seem off, so we’ll see.
Old 11-23-2018, 09:31 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-H Anglophile View Post
Leasing a property at Windsor makes a lot of sense, And with the application for renovation seems to have some veracity.
But there are other things in Emily’s story that seem off, so we’ll see.
Emily is a tabloid reporter! She probably took a grain of truth (Harry and Meghan moving into Frogmore Cottage) and spun it into a world exclusive adding in juicy tidbits like tension between the brothers and H&M not wanting to live next to W&K.
Old 11-23-2018, 09:39 PM
Heir Apparent

I think it is true and I am glad. I don't know about tension (though I wouldn't be surprised) but how many people you know want to live next door to a sibling? Harry and Meghan love Windsor. I can very much seeing them wanting it to be their home base.
Old 11-23-2018, 09:42 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fem View Post
No, I didn't, but thanks for your concern.

It's just... All this yelling about how Harry and Meghan, oh, our precious flower Meghan, haven't been provided with a house does sound like they're living on the streets.

They have a home. And as far as Nott Cott being unsuitable for a family, it's tough to judge, since we don't know that much about it. Maybe it'll be fine for a while, or maybe they don't plan on getting anything bigger in London. Who knows. But stop panicking, they have a roof over their heads and I'm pretty sure Prince Charles and the Queen would offer them something more if Nott Cott was really too small.
No one is panicking. And obviously most of us that knows how this works know they’ll be provided a home. We just believe it ludicrous for some to suggest that Harry would be treated the same as HMQ’s grandchildren that do not work for the Firm.
Old 11-23-2018, 10:17 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I have to say that Frogmore Cottage makes a whole lot of sense to me as Harry and Meghan seem to have a lot of fond memories connected to Windsor, its a Crown Estate property that most likely will fall under a long term lease and its situated where it can be a country home yet not that far removed from London itself.

Anything about the relationship between the Cambridge and Sussex households is pure over the fence in the backyard gossip and pure invention of the imagination as no one really knows their private relationship. Brothers marry and brothers lives take different directions as time passes. Its the normal state of things and its no different with William and Harry. No need to create drama where there is absolutely no reason to.

Still, with all of these homes being projected, its another one on the list as a possibility and I'll wait for official confirmation.
Old 11-23-2018, 10:27 PM
Heir Apparent

I am sure plenty off the wall theories like this are to come especially with this RR leading her article implying the brothers are so at odds they they can't stand to live near each other.

That alone makes me question her but I do think they are moving out. I always figured they would. KP is awfully crowded now and they should do their own thing.
Old 11-23-2018, 10:29 PM
Majesty

I think Frogmore Cottage is a lovely old place and I hope that for once the media speculation is true. There will be sufficient room after renovations and I think it would be a home anyone would love to live in. And if it's placed on a 99 year lease, so what? That can always be extended, and if they want any other property I'm sure Harry will buy it. Still doubtful about Emily 'no source' Andrews however!

I do not believe that the Royal Foundation will be affected for the future, nor do I believe that there won't be joint engagements in the future.
Old 11-23-2018, 10:51 PM
Imperial Majesty

Is it Frogmore House or Frogmore Cottage?

This is Frogmore Cottage - https://www.flickr.com/photos/34828070@N00/338674917

This is Frogmore House - https://www.vogue.com/article/prince...-house-history

Are these the same house? or are there two houses?
Old 11-23-2018, 10:56 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
Is it Frogmore House or Frogmore Cottage?

This is Frogmore Cottage - https://www.flickr.com/photos/34828070@N00/338674917

This is Frogmore House - https://www.vogue.com/article/prince...-house-history

Are these the same house? or are there two houses?
The article specifies Frogmore Cottage which is on the grounds of Frogmore House but they are different buildings. H/M are moving into the cottage, supposedly.

I am going to withhold my thoughts until we get someone more reliable than Emily Andrews...
Old 11-23-2018, 11:02 PM
Serene Highness

I think it’s reported that it will be Frogmore Cottage - rather than Frogmore house.
Given that the engagement photos were shot at Frogmore House and at the time it was noted that Harry and Meghan had grown especially fond of Windsor and of course the evening wedding reception was held at Frogmore House and of course the wedding was in Windsor as well, I do wonder if the Queen had offered nearby Frogmore cottage early on.
Thinking long term it makes sense. Andrew and Edward are already located at Windsor and Harry will be in a similar position in due time & there’s ample grounds/gardens for the Sussex children to roam in.
Old 11-23-2018, 11:04 PM
Imperial Majesty

I think it would be neat if true...but the more I see and hear about it...not sure how they would handle the security issues and privacy issues...the foot path is right there yards from the house.

LaRae
Old 11-23-2018, 11:10 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaira View Post
The article specifies Frogmore Cottage which is on the grounds of Frogmore House but they are different buildings. H/M are moving into the cottage, supposedly.

I am going to withhold my thoughts until we get someone more reliable than Emily Andrews...
I'm with you on this one, Zaira. Even the most reliable of royal reporters don't have the full story. If it was a confirmed and credible source that the royal reporters have gotten their information from, I believe we also would have a confirmed and credible release on the official KP site that announces these things concerning the Sussex family.

Frogmore House basically is a historic building that I don't believe will be turned into a residence anytime soon as so much of it is protected against being refurbished or renovated to personal tastes. It is open to the public but only for a short amount of time during the year.

Frogmore Cottage sounds like it is just perfect for Harry and Meghan and their blossoming family. We'll just have to wait and watch what develops.