Sandringham House

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A rare white Christmas at Sandrigham House and no royal family these this year.

White Christmases are indeed rare. Seemingly more so as the years pass. The forecast's going up to double figures for next week. No snow just rain.:sad:

It does look lovely in the snow!

Over the years I've seen many photos of the Sandringham House dining room. The oldest pictures show the woodwork before it was painted light green. I wonder if The King or Prince William would ever consider having the woodwork stripped to its original wood finish. I think the paintings in that room would be greatly enhanced. They were a gift from the-then King of Spain, as I recall. Getting rid of that light green would make the room so much more elegant, IMHO.

Sorry its from the Daily Fail, but pictures are out of the work being done by Charles at Sandringham to create a new topiary garden on the back lawn of the House.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/...takes-shape-Sandringham-House-weeks-work.html

"Work to create the decorative Topiary Garden began in January and will eventually feature a range of mature trees and hedges arranged around a network of gravel paths"

A team of contractors and gardeners have been working in all weathers ever since to prepare the perfectly-preened insect and wildlife haven behind temporary 6ft tall metal fencing.

The new garden was designed at the request of the King who inherited the Sandringham estate from the late Queen when she died last year.
It is believed that he was inspired by childhood memories of an old topiary garden at Sandringham and the success of a topiary project at his Highgrove home called the Thyme Walk, which features yew bushes cut into eccentric shapes.

When it is finished at the end of this month, the new Sandringham garden will feature 5,139 yew tree hedging plants including adult trees in a range of sizes and shapes.

Sorry its from the Daily Fail, but pictures are out of the work being done by Charles at Sandringham to create a new topiary garden on the back lawn of the House.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/...takes-shape-Sandringham-House-weeks-work.html

"Work to create the decorative Topiary Garden began in January and will eventually feature a range of mature trees and hedges arranged around a network of gravel paths"

A team of contractors and gardeners have been working in all weathers ever since to prepare the perfectly-preened insect and wildlife haven behind temporary 6ft tall metal fencing.

The new garden was designed at the request of the King who inherited the Sandringham estate from the late Queen when she died last year.
It is believed that he was inspired by childhood memories of an old topiary garden at Sandringham and the success of a topiary project at his Highgrove home called the Thyme Walk, which features yew bushes cut into eccentric shapes.

When it is finished at the end of this month, the new Sandringham garden will feature 5,139 yew tree hedging plants including adult trees in a range of sizes and shapes.

This new garden will be a welcome addition to Sandringham. It will replace a large windswept, albeit beautiful, green.

It sounds lovely.

This new garden will be a welcome addition to Sandringham. It will replace a large windswept, albeit beautiful, green.

Agree and the new garden plans looks really beautiful!

Agree and the new garden plans looks really beautiful!

The King is very good in developing gardens and green spaces. Highgrove is the more famous example, but he has also done wonders with the gardens at the Welsh home owned by the Duchy of Cornwall.

The King is very good in developing gardens and green spaces. Highgrove is the more famous example, but he has also done wonders with the gardens at the Welsh home owned by the Duchy of Cornwall.

Highgrove is a shinning example of his green transformation!

I'm not a fan of formal gardens but I applaud the King's commitment to biodiversity, which will provide a much richer environment for nature than a lawn ever did.

I really like the new Topiary Garden at Sandringham ,they really enhance the grounds and views of the house!

Back
Top Bottom