Sandringham House

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Charles has announced plans re the farming on the Sandringham Estate so I think its fair to say he has a key role in its future. Charles and Camilla have been known and seen using Sandringham outside of the Queen's Christmas stay there so clearly have some affection/time for the place.

I think Sandringham is a very appealing house in a lovely rural part of England. If a little flat.:lol:

Balmoral is in spectacular country but I find the castle rather gloomy. And there's possibly a wee bit too much tartan.? Like being in Brigadoon.

The Sandringham Flower Show, scheduled at 28th July 2021 will be cancelled due to current circumstances of COVID-19 pandemic.
Sandringham Flower Show
28th July 2021 Cancelled
It is with great sadness that for only the second time in peacetime the Committee and Trustees of the Sandringham Flower Show have decided that in the current circumstances the 2021 Show, scheduled for 28th July, should not now take place. We know that our exhibitors, competitors, suppliers and partners put great effort into planning for the Show and we hope that by taking this decision now we have at least given them some clarity and prevented unnecessary expense and work.

2021 Coronavirus Statement
The Committee and Trustees of the Sandringham Flower Show confirm with great sadness that the 2021 Show, scheduled for 28th July, will not now take place in view of the enormous uncertainty still surrounding all matters to do with the Covid-19 pandemic.

The Sandringham Flower Show Chairman, David Reeve, said, “While we are all desperately sad not to be returning to the Showground this year as we had hoped to do, we do not feel that we can mount the Show while still protecting the welfare of our visitors, exhibitors, competitors and volunteers. We hope that the easing of the Covid-19 pandemic over the course of 2021 will allow us to welcome everybody back in July 2022."

https://www.sandringhamflowershow.org.uk/

The first of many events no doubt but to be expected.

I feel like crawling in a hole and pull a blanket over my head. Everything cancelled, the flower show, Royal Ascot Trooping of the Colors, Garden parties, what else is left? no State visits, no fancy Tiara events. The year 2020 was a disaster, hope this vaccine works as it should and we get some normal back what ever that may be? Hope and pray.

I feel like crawling in a hole and pull a blanket over my head. Everything cancelled, the flower show, Royal Ascot Trooping of the Colors, Garden parties, what else is left? no State visits, no fancy Tiara events. The year 2020 was a disaster, hope this vaccine works as it should and we get some normal back what ever that may be? Hope and pray.

Off topic but has the Queen had the shop?

What shop? As far as I know the Queen does not have any shop of her own.

The 'shop' is probably a typo for 'shot' and I have not read anywhere that the Queen and Duke of Edinburgh have received their COVID-19 vaccinations or 'jab': this seems to be the British word :lol:
Do DRF members based in the UK know the status of the Queen's 'jab'?:whistling:

The 'shop' is probably a typo for 'shot' and I have not read anywhere that the Queen and Duke of Edinburgh have received their COVID-19 vaccinations or 'jab': this seems to be the British word :lol:
Do DRF members based in the UK know the status of the Queen's 'jab'?:whistling:

Nothing in the media, I do not think it would be kept secret, but possibly held back for a few days to ensure everything fine. I think they might be trying to ensure it doesn't look like they jump the queue. I am not saying they would. Also they are able to isolate without any problems.

It was a typo for "shot". My parents got the shot yesterday as did my brother-in-law (they get the second shot on the 23rd) and I was wondering if the royals had gotten it. No one had any problems not even a sore arm.

The Royal Family instagram account has release three pictures of the Sandringham estate in winter, including with the snow (1st & 2nd picture) and sunset (3rd picture).
@theroyalfamily Verified
❄️Crisp winter days at Sandringham this season.
?Typically The Queen spends part of each winter at Sandringham House, which has been the private home of four generations of British monarchs since 1862.
? The House sits in the heart of the estate, which includes farmland, woodland and orchards, as well as a 600 acre country park that is open to the public all year round.
? The Queen’s father, King George VI spoke of his love of Sandringham, as did his father King George V who wrote “Dear old Sandringham, the place I love better than anywhere else in the world”
Find out more about Sandringham at @sandringham1870.
20h​
https://www.instagram.com/p/CLB7i0EHfPQ/

The Royal Family instagram account has release three pictures of the Sandringham estate in winter, including with the snow (1st & 2nd picture) and sunset (3rd picture).
@theroyalfamily Verified
❄️Crisp winter days at Sandringham this season.
?Typically The Queen spends part of each winter at Sandringham House, which has been the private home of four generations of British monarchs since 1862.
? The House sits in the heart of the estate, which includes farmland, woodland and orchards, as well as a 600 acre country park that is open to the public all year round.
? The Queen’s father, King George VI spoke of his love of Sandringham, as did his father King George V who wrote “Dear old Sandringham, the place I love better than anywhere else in the world”
Find out more about Sandringham at @sandringham1870.
20h​
https://www.instagram.com/p/CLB7i0EHfPQ/

Now they have the Christmas 2021 Christmas card cover!

German TV saying HM now sells beer from her Sandringham estate, because Philip loved beer that much? He manages to create headlines still after his passing, well never mind, maybe he really liked beer.

German TV saying HM now sells beer from her Sandringham estate, because Philip loved beer that much? He manages to create headlines still after his passing, well never mind, maybe he really liked beer.

Yes he did. Beer not wine at state banquets for the late duke.?

Margaret Seaman, a 92-years old great-grandmother has spent up to 15 hours a day knitting Sandringham Estate during the past two years with the aim of fundraising local hospital. Her masterpiece artwork consists of 18ft-long (main) Sandringham House, St Mary Magdalene Church, Nest summer house, along with members of the Royal Family including The Queen, Duke of Edinburgh, The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, Prince George, Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis. Her knitted work is currently on display at Sandringham House's Ballroom and remain display until 14th October. Margaret Seaman said that The Queen was impressed when she visited Sandringham few days ago and saw her knitted artwork.

Queen enjoys display of 18ft-long 'knitted Sandringham', says 92-year-old creator
Margaret Seaman spent up to 15 hours a day working on the woolly royal residence during the pandemic with the aim of fundraising for local hospitals.
https://news.sky.com/story/queen-en...sandringham-says-92-year-old-creator-12360596

Knitted Sandringham tribute goes on display at Queen's home
A knitted tribute to one of the Queen's estates is going on display at the location that inspired the work.
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-norfolk-57864850

Amazing!!

Margaret Seaman is very talented!

Absolutely amazing and what a labour of love :previous:

This version of Sandringham is just beyond words. It's amazing. I never thought that knitting could turn something into a piece of art such as this. Even the trees are meticulously done. Definitely a labor of love.

The work is so beautiful! What a talented lady! Even more impressive that she can still do this at 92!!!

Such beautiful work, some people have great flair and talent. A labour of love and sixteen feet long is quite an effort. I read that the Queen is very impressed and thrilled with it.

I just love the little knitted BRF figures too!

What an incredible work of art. It’s so detailed!

Such a wonderful photo of autumn at Sandringham House.

I've always though Sandringham the loveliest of the private royal residences.

North west Norfolk is such a charming area. Especially quiet in winter once you escape the fleshpots of King's Lynn.:lol:

I've always though Sandringham the loveliest of the private royal residences.

North west Norfolk is such a charming area. Especially quiet in winter once you escape the fleshpots of King's Lynn.:lol:

Has the Queen ever invited a foreign head of state to Sandringham? It's quite telling if she hasn't.

She hosted President Eisenhower at Balmoral in 1959.

Has the Queen ever invited a foreign head of state to Sandringham? It's quite telling if she hasn't.

She hosted President Eisenhower at Balmoral in 1959.

I'm not 100% sure but I don't think so. With the possible exception of relatives who were also heads of state in the mid/late C19th & early C20th centuries. Maybe Commonwealth dignitaries as well.

I suppose if Balmoral is a holiday getaway then Sandringham must be home.

Edit - the President of Kenya was at Sandringham with the PofW in July 2021. So maybe Sandringham is just for family & we know that HM thinks of Commonwealth leaders as "family".Other world leaders (unless relatives) are not "family" so don't get an invite to the inner sanctum of the monarch.

Last edited:
A rare white Christmas at Sandrigham House and no royal family these this year.

Back
Top Bottom