Llwynywermod: Prince Charles's Welsh Holiday Home

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The Duchy of Cornwall completes on Welsh property

The Duchy of Cornwall has completed the purchase of Llwynywormwood, Myddfai, Llandovery, Carmarthenshire.
With completion on 30th March 2007 work can now begin to renovate parts of the property and continue the restoration of the attached parkland.

The Prince of Wales - The Duchy of Cornwall completes on Welsh property

Charles makes a drive for green motoring

The Prince of Wales was happy to get behind the wheel to promote new eco-cars yesterday. But, unlike his motorbike-loving elder son Prince William, he drew the line at straddling two wheels.

Charles makes a drive for green motoring | Uk News | News | Telegraph

A video message by HRH The Prince of Wales to open the University of Cambridge “Islam and Muslims in the world today” Conference

It is a great sadness that I cannot be with you to participate in – and benefit from – this Conference on “Islam and Muslims in the World Today”.
However, I particularly wanted to take this opportunity to say a few words to preface the vitally important topics which you will be discussing over the next two days. I also wanted to express appreciation to the Prime Minister for making time, before he steps down, to organize this exchange of views by so senior and experienced a group of speakers......

The Prince of Wales - A video message by HRH The Prince of Wales to open the University of Cambridge “Islam and Muslims in the world today” Conference

Last edited:
Last edited by a moderator:
Prince Charles's Welsh Home

Llwynywormwood what a wonderful word, how does a "suthaaanooooor" like me pronounce it;) lilwinnywormwood? its cool the POW has a home in Wales now, alto it seems odd, surely the RF has palaces in Wales, i take it this is his first personal place, am i correct? he looks so happy and relaxed these days, it nice to see. i'm glad they were so warmly welcomed and enjoyed themselves.
hmmmmm about those three cravats in assorted colours, intended for Charles and his sons, do men still wear those? i mean you know in the real world, not the royal world:ohmy: sweet nontheless

It's pronounced Kliwineywormwood I think.

thanks beatrixfan, such a charming old world name. hard to say 3 times real fast :)

bbb said:
Llwynywormwood what a wonderful word, how does a "suthaaanooooor" like me pronounce it;) lilwinnywormwood? its cool the POW has a home in Wales now, alto it seems odd, surely the RF has palaces in Wales, i take it this is his first personal place, am i correct? he looks so happy and relaxed these days, it nice to see. i'm glad they were so warmly welcomed and enjoyed themselves.
hmmmmm about those three cravats in assorted colours, intended for Charles and his sons, do men still wear those? i mean you know in the real world, not the royal world:ohmy: sweet nontheless
Yes men still wear cravats! :lol: It is as you say his first personal place in Wales. I believe they pronunciation of Llwynwormwood, is Clune-wurm-wood!

bbb said:
its cool the POW has a home in Wales now, alto it seems odd, surely the RF has palaces in Wales, i take it this is his first personal place, am i correct

Neither the royal family nor the Prince of Wales do own any palace in Wales.

No palaces but property yes.

Henri M. said:
Neither the royal family nor the Prince of Wales do own any palace in Wales.
The Duchy of Cornwall is renovating a farm for him to use, however, according to the Telegraph and the BBC. I guess it will be a base for them to use when in Wales, and then the Duchy will lease it out for holiday takers, right?

CasiraghiTrio said:
The Duchy of Cornwall is renovating a farm for him to use, however, according to the Telegraph and the BBC. I guess it will be a base for them to use when in Wales, and then the Duchy will lease it out for holiday takers, right?
Yes, that's right, it is the first and only Welsh property Charles (or should I say the Duchy) owns at the moment. :flowers:

A gang of Welsh nationalists have ordered Prince Charles to leave a holiday home he has bought for himself and Camilla.
The heir to the throne has been threatened with terrorist attacks if he does not move out of the farmhouse hideaway in the Welsh hills

Get out Charles - Welsh nationalists threaten Prince over holiday home | News | This is London

Get out Charles - Welsh nationalists threaten Prince over holiday home | the Daily Mail

I wonder if they also want the Welsh who own holiday homes throughout the UK, to be forced to sell their places? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Last edited:
its seems like it would be a small comfortable home for him. Unlike the palaces. It will be relaxing for him.

its seems like it would be a small comfortable home for him. Unlike the palaces. It will be relaxing for him.

I agree that the house in Wales will be the smallest one of the Prince´s homes, ( although it´s not his private home, but a ´Duchy of Cornwall property´) but also Clarence House, Birkhall and above all Highgrove are not homes or houses i would call palaces.:flowers:

Is Prince Charles the first POW to actually have a home in Wales? Why did some people in the area initially oppose his building a home? I know that Edward VIII spoke to the Welsh miners--did he speak to them in their native language? Is Prince Charles the only royal so familar with the language and customs of Wales?

I don't think Edward VIII ever learned Welsh. Pretty sure Charles isn't fluent in it - it's a hell of a language for native English speakers to learn. From what I can gather, he spent some time getting acquainted with the language, but that's a far cry from being a fluent Welsh speaker. I think Charles is the first modern-era Prince of Wales to have a home there, although Prince Arthur (son of Henry VII) spent a lot of time at Ludlow Castle on the Welsh border and actually died there.

As for protests, I'm not sure about the reason, but I know a lot of Welsh people aren't happy about English folk (and to the Welsh, Charles counts as English despite his title) buying holiday and weekend homes in Wales and pricing the locals out of the real estate market. There's also a fairly militant republican Welsh nationalist group, which tried to disrupt Charles's investiture, and they might also be causing problems.

It's only natural to insist on the highest standards during your hard- earned summer holiday.
And with hotel inspectors like these, visitors to one Welsh cottage can look forward to a stay genuinely fit for royalty.

Charles and Camilla's newly-renovated Welsh hideaway gets a visit by HRH, the hotel inspector | Mail Online

PRINCE Charles opened up his first Royal residence in Wales yesterday to allow a brief glimpse into a home that will allow holidaymakers to live like royalty

The luxury rooms with Royal appointments - WalesOnline

Selection of interior pictures -

Prince of Wales unveils bed and breakfast - Telegraph

Inside the B&B fit for a king: First look at Prince Charles's eco-friendly Welsh guesthouse | Mail Online

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom