The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-05-2020, 02:41 PM
Courtier

Yes that makes sense. It would be wise to keep the out of public access areas permanently private.

Old 06-05-2020, 02:48 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durham View Post
Only Eugenie is at Kensington. Beatrice is still at St James's as far as I know.
During the isolation, Beatrice and Edo are staying at his mother's house in Chipping Norton.

I'm wondering if they will continue at St. James's when they are married, or if they will move to a different locale once they start a family.

Old 06-05-2020, 02:51 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Is there a Kensington Palace Chapel?

Here's a photo I found which states its the Kensington Palace Chapel in 1899.

https://www.francisfrith.com/kensing...pel-1899_43597
Old 06-05-2020, 03:02 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post

There is but I think it's located within the palace, I don't think it's a seperate building like this.

There's not a lot of pictures of the interior but we can see a little bit of it in this picture from Isabella Windsor's christening.

https://www.hellomagazine.com/royalt...ce/?viewas=amp
Old 06-05-2020, 03:12 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophie25 View Post
There is but I think it's located within the palace, I don't think it's a seperate building like this.

There's not a lot of pictures of the interior but we can see a little bit of it in this picture from Isabella Windsor's christening.

https://www.hellomagazine.com/royalt...ce/?viewas=amp
Thanks Sophie25 I'd forgotten that Isabella Windsor's christening was held there.
Old 06-05-2020, 04:06 PM
Courtier

I'm pretty sure it's on west side of Prince of Wales court.
Old 06-05-2020, 05:13 PM
Courtier

The chapel is mentioned here in a snippet about the Prince & Princess of Wales annoying Queen Caroline.

https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=...O8BnEQ6AEISzAE
Old 06-05-2020, 06:12 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post

This is the former Kensington Congregational Chapel on Allen Street just off Kensington High Street. It's opposite a pub.

https://goo.gl/maps/8a7VMsENZj8vcn8CA
Old 06-05-2020, 06:23 PM
Nobility

I presume that the Royals have courtiers and private secretaries who live in these flats.
Old 06-05-2020, 06:28 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan D View Post
I presume that the Royals have courtiers and private secretaries who live in these flats.
Yes there's various Household members living in the complex. I don't have any exact details I'm afraid.
Old 06-06-2020, 03:22 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durham View Post

This is the former Kensington Congregational Chapel on Allen Street just off Kensington High Street. It's opposite a pub.

https://goo.gl/maps/8a7VMsENZj8vcn8CA
Many thanks I was thinking it looked out of place within the Kensington Palace complex.
Old 07-29-2020, 09:24 AM
Administrator

Kensington Palace will be open again for the public from tomorrow (July 30) on, here are some new photos of the preparations and interior:

** gettyimages gallery ** rex gallery **
Old 08-02-2020, 09:45 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by royal-blue View Post
With the Sussexes and also Gloucesters now having vacated Kensington Palace, by the time William is king, are we likely to see a situation of just Beatrice and Eugene living at KP?
Couldn't George, Charlotte and Louis live at the KP at that time? Or other family like Princess Eugenie's kids.
Old 08-02-2020, 10:44 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by royal-blue View Post
With the Sussexes and also Gloucesters now having vacated Kensington Palace, by the time William is king, are we likely to see a situation of just Beatrice and Eugene living at KP?
We could also have the situation where King William and Queen Catherine live at Kensington Palace and use Buckingham Palace for work only.
Old 08-02-2020, 10:49 PM
Imperial Majesty

I could see them staying at Kensington and not moving to Clarence House while Prince and Princess of Wales. But I doubt they will remain there when they are queen and king. They will need more space then their current apartment offers. It doesn't make spent a fortune increasing its size again, when they have another palace to move in to. Once Buckingham palace renovations are done it will resume as the main home.

George and likely Charlotte at least will be working royals, maybe Louis. And they will need their own apartments. Their apartment and the Gloucester's would likely be used by them. Or throw Clarence house in for George, and Louis gets one of them as well.
Old 08-03-2020, 03:04 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess_Watcher View Post
Couldn't George, Charlotte and Louis live at the KP at that time? Or other family like Princess Eugenie's kids.
George, Charlote and Louis possibly, but I do not expect to see the children of Beatrice or Eugenie being provided royal accomodation.
Old 08-03-2020, 03:05 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
I could see them staying at Kensington and not moving to Clarence House while Prince and Princess of Wales. But I doubt they will remain there when they are queen and king. They will need more space then their current apartment offers. It doesn't make spent a fortune increasing its size again, when they have another palace to move in to. Once Buckingham palace renovations are done it will resume as the main home.
I have to agree, there is a reasonably chance that W&C live at KP till they are King & Queen.
Old 08-03-2020, 03:06 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR76 View Post
We could also have the situation where King William and Queen Catherine live at Kensington Palace and use Buckingham Palace for work only.
If the past is a guide, it is unlikely. In the case of the Queen and Philip, they were advised by Churchill to move to BP.
Old 08-03-2020, 04:34 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
If the past is a guide, it is unlikely. In the case of the Queen and Philip, they were advised by Churchill to move to BP.
Butr that was almost 70 years ago and by the time there will be a King William and a Queen Catherine it will likely almost 100 years ago. And so much has changed. Only using BP for official Events would also allow them to open it more for Visitors like it is done with for example the Royal Palace's in Stockholm or Madrid.

Old 08-03-2020, 11:10 AM
Imperial Majesty

I have my fingers crossed Charles will remain at CH and BP will be staff offices/housing and for tourism.

LaRae