Kensington Palace 1: Ending Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What new renovations? I must of missed something.

LaRae

Historic Royal Palaces is doing some work to KP. Moving office space and the like. Of course it gets some people wondering if it has anything to do with Harry.

If he wanted to move into KP, some of those HRP offices have to move anyway.

Rebecca English is wondering if the new renovations to KP have anything to do with Harry.

The only thing this is, the royal household usually plans this sort of major refit months, if not years in advance.

Never say never, though.

https://twitter.com/RE_DailyMail/status/840454761564520450
And she refers to an article by Sebastian Shakespeare (the biggest liar in the British press, together with another person in the Daily Fail).

Q: What happens if Harry and Meghan end up getting married and moves into a bigger apartment at Kensington Palace? Answer: The gloves will be off, and the press will criticize Harry/Meghan like never before for the cost of the renovation etc.

:previous: I wouldn't be surprised if Apts 8 and 9 are to become a family home for Harry. Nott Cott is just too small to be considered a long term residence for him IMO.

Yes it's not surprising that the DM is using the Cambridges as "click bait" again.

It just stands to reason that if and when Harry does marry, he's going to need a larger residence especially if he plans on starting a family right away. Whether it be an apartment at KP or elsewhere, its a given that he'll be given the use of a larger place.

Like Buckingham Palace, KP is part and parcel of Britain's national heritage and if work isn't done (regardless of who is to live in the buildings) to maintain these buildings, bring them up to date and assure that they're safe, Britain's national heritage buildings will be reduced to a pile of rubble. Its just plain common sense.

In the twitter feed a poster says that Ivy Cottage will be renovated. That is different from Nottingham Cottage, where Prince Harry lives, not so? :flowers:

The poster then states that there was a 'stand-off'. Anyone know what is being referenced?

In the twitter feed a poster says that Ivy Cottage will be renovated. That is different from Nottingham Cottage, where Prince Harry lives, not so? :flowers:

The poster then states that there was a 'stand-off'. Anyone know what is being referenced?

Ivy cottage is a different cottage. There are at least three, notting, wren and ivy. Ivy was used for offices until recently.

Ivy was mentioned last year because it is said that it is being renovated for Eugenie. It was around the time the engagement rumors started. The cottage story continues even if not an engagement in site. Needs work to turn back from an office to a home. And there is damp needing fixed. Supposedly the queen was holding eugenies wedding hostage unless Andrew agrees to pay for the removal of mould, a few thousand, himself,

I guess the conflict could be the Twitter poster assuming Harry may be fighting Eugenie for ivy. Ivy is larger, three bedrooms.

Just more Daily Mail click bait. No evidence that the Cambridges are involved. Building a multiple story basement under the Orangery isn't something that will be done in a couple of months.

It's saying something when Sebastian is the more believable article. :bang:

Yes he mentioned the Cambridges to get clicks, but he went on to explain in the article about the reasoning. And who was behind the work. The daily mail has glossed over those little facts this time.

There are 'two' Kensington Palaces.

There's the part administered by the Royal Household, where the Cambridges, Kents, Gloucesters and Harry live and there's the public spaces administered by Historic Royal Palaces, a registered charity.

It's HRP who submitted the application for the renovations. It's to house a dress collection and staff of the charity.

Orangery Yard Project at Kensington Palace | Historic Royal Palaces

Last edited:
Interesting article but the headline "Kate Middleton Gardens"did make me laugh but its the daily mail!

Interesting article but the headline "Kate Middleton Gardens"did make me laugh but its the daily mail!

agreed - click bait at its worst - so many things wrong with that Headline - its not even the palace Gardens, its the public gardens - but you must consider the source.

Some papers still pursuing the idea that the Cambridges are responsible for this planning application. its all click bait

Some photos of Diana's Kensington Palace apartment taken by her butler, Paul Burrell, following her passing.

Inside Diana's Kensington Palace apartment | Daily Mail Online

The article aLso shows the white memorial garden this spring - as the tulips bloomed. My inner gardener really wishes someone has been photographing that white garden as the floral year has progressed and that we will get to see the blooms over time. I know, when pigs fly, but I do wish...

I did think it so cute how they called it "Our cottage" in the engagement interview.

I did think it so cute how they called it "Our cottage" in the engagement interview.

Like some of us suspected, they've known where this was headed for a long time ...they are well into the stage of 'ours'.

LaRae

Do you think Harry and Meghan will have a bigger place at Kensington Palace when their family grows?

What is the building on the right of Nottingham cottage in the aereal pics?
It's larger separate from the other buildings and has a garden.

All the Royals Who Live at Kensington Palace – Royal Central

Interesting article. That's quite the spread William and Kate have. Will the Gloucesters shift elsewhere and turn theirs over to Harry and Meghan? I've seen discussions here about the Kents being moved around too.

LaRae

Very interesting and what fun it would be to decorate! I think our couple will stay in their cottage until they have kids which I think will be soon. If they do take a bigger apartment at least they’re close to oversee things.

Looks like Apt 1 where the Gloucesters live will be receiving some repair/replacement work in the upcoming months.

The Duke and Duchess of Gloucester live next-door to the Cambridges in Apartment 1, a sprawling 21-bedroom home. It was reported earlier this year in the Sunday Express that the Gloucesters’ apartment will be refurbished soon, with a new roof and new windows.

There is a lot of speculation about Harry moving into KP but do folks think it's likely Harry will move to Clarence House when Charles succeeds? I don't expect the Cambridges to leave Kensington until William is king but it does seem unlikely Clarence House would be left empty or converted to offices.

I can't take any report saying the Cambridge and Gloucester apartments are 20 / 21 bedrooms big seriously.

Back
Top Bottom