General Discussion about Royal Residences 1: Ending Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is my current thinking on how the various royal residences will be used in the next reign:

BP: To be used by C&C after the refurb is complete

CLARENCE HOUSE: To be used by C&C till the refurb of BP is complete. Eventually a home for George when he is PoW. To be used as a museum or offices in the interim

KP: To be used by William and family till he is King. Some apartments may be kept for the Cambridge children, but eventually, to be returned to public use / handed back to the government

WINDSOR: Probably used by William and family, with C&C possibly having an apaertment there, and using it for some entertaining.

HIGHGROVE: Continue to be used by C&C till the end of their lives. Lease between Charles and the Duchy of Cronwall to be put in place

BIRKHALL: Continue to be used by C&C till the end of their lives

BALMORAL: Tricky one. I suspect it needs quite a lot of money to be spent on a refurb and modernisation. If William wants to take it on, he will need to make that investment. Any which way, I can see it being opened up to the public a lot more.

ANMER: To be let out commercially, as it was prior to the Cambridge family starting to use it in 2015

SANDRINGHAM: Not quite sure if Charles or William will want to keep the house in its current form, or start to use it for charitable purposes like Dumfries House.

Here is my current thinking on how the various royal residences will be used in the next reign:

BP: To be used by C&C after the refurb is complete

CLARENCE HOUSE: To be used by C&C till the refurb of BP is complete. Eventually a home for George when he is PoW. To be used as a museum or offices in the interim

KP: To be used by William and family till he is King. Some apartments may be kept for the Cambridge children, but eventually, to be returned to public use / handed back to the government

WINDSOR: Probably used by William and family, with C&C possibly having an apaertment there, and using it for some entertaining.

HIGHGROVE: Continue to be used by C&C till the end of their lives. Lease between Charles and the Duchy of Cronwall to be put in place

BIRKHALL: Continue to be used by C&C till the end of their lives

BALMORAL: Tricky one. I suspect it needs quite a lot of money to be spent on a refurb and modernisation. If William wants to take it on, he will need to make that investment. Any which way, I can see it being opened up to the public a lot more.

ANMER: To be let out commercially, as it was prior to the Cambridge family starting to use it in 2015

SANDRINGHAM: Not quite sure if Charles or William will want to keep the house in its current form, or start to use it for charitable purposes like Dumfries House.

I agree with you on most. But I do think that Balmoral and Sandringham will be used by the family in some capacity and that Charles may start the renovations, possibly with William and Catherine's input.

The Chatsworth Suite built for King William III of England

The Brighton Royal Pavilion
Introduction to the Royal Pavilion

It's time to close this thread. You can find the new one here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom