Future Home for Prince Harry

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice overhead view so you can see the location of the 'cottage' Looks like it has some privacy with all the trees.

I also saw this published as the cottage location in an online source, but see another site listed in several others. Per en.wikipedia.org, this would not be it - this location is VERY close to the horse show and other events.

I think the more likely spot is what you find if you search "Adelaide Lodge" in google maps, closer to the golf course/Queen Victoria walk at (51.4791831,-0.5900645)

This is one of those times I wish we were back a few decades when it was 'normal' for there to be magazine spreads regarding royal palaces and living quarters. ;) So curious! Wish we could see what Meghan's and Harry's Cotswold house looks like.

My sense is that there is a generational shift occurring regarding giving the public peeks into how the royals live: both the Queen (who started it) and Charles (who continued it) will be the only two royals to allow these peeks. Darn! :sad:
Yes it was the Queen and Prince Philip who decided to open the state-owned residences. They wanted the country to be able to see their Buckingham Palace etc. while the private residences make money from tourism to help maintain them. The royal family is the keeper of history and as Head of State, HM entertains royalty, Presidents, Prime Ministers, etc. in those homes and that is the face of the UK. That will never change.

They also decided to open their own private homes, Sandringham and Balmoral. However, tourists never get to see the private apartments there or in Buckingham Palace, Windsor Castle, Kensington Palace or Carlton house. The same goes for Highgrove and Frogmore house, where there they only see the gardens and then rarely.

The homes of Princes Andrew, Edward, William and Harry are just that, homes and as such their privacy is maintained. So, because Adelaide Cottage has been a private residence we also haven't seen much inside it.

But we have seen inside of some. Unlike the Cambridges, people like Charles and Diana realized you could give gimpses of the kids without being totally intrusive. Instead of head shots in front of brick walks for birthday photos we got playing piano and in their nursery, on the play set in the garden. Kate is a photographer. She could easily share photos of her kids without having intrusive photo shoots.

We have seen a bit of other royal homes like royal lodge. There is less public interest thohgh.

Perhaps when Harry and Meghan have kids they may take a page from his parents.

But we have seen inside of some. Unlike the Cambridges, people like Charles and Diana realized you could give gimpses of the kids without being totally intrusive. Instead of head shots in front of brick walks for birthday photos we got playing piano and in their nursery, on the play set in the garden. Kate is a photographer. She could easily share photos of her kids without having intrusive photo shoots.

We have seen a bit of other royal homes like royal lodge. There is less public interest thohgh.

Hmm. I seem to remember photos of inside Apartment 1A with William, Catherine , George and President Obama. It's possible the photos were digitally altered and instead were taken in front of a green screen but that seems highly unlikely.

Even Princess Margaret did a magazine spread of her newly renovated KP apartment back in the early 60's. :flowers: I have seen some of the pictures from the spread. Wish things like that were more acceptable. (I think the Danish CP couple had a photographic spread of their renovated palace a few years ago, didn't they? Just before the birth of the twins).

However we have seen photos of the Cambridges and their children in their gardens. As for the Sussexes, should they have children then I believe that they'll share photos in which ever manner they feel is best for their little family.

Family photos taken in the garden of Apt 1A.

https://ca.hellomagazine.com/royalty/02017052936144/prince-william-kate-middleton-mental-health-gq

Last edited:
Even Princess Margaret did a magazine spread of her newly renovated KP apartment back in the early 60's. :flowers: I have seen some of the pictures from the spread. Wish things like that were more acceptable. (I think the Danish CP couple had a photographic spread of their renovated palace a few years ago, didn't they? Just before the birth of the twins).

Yes the photos were taken after the renovations of their palace at Amalienborg were completed. ?

I've deleted posts discussing whether any future Sussex children will have RPO's. Let's stick to the topic, which is future homes for Harry and Meghan.

Yes the photos were taken after the renovations of their palace at Amalienborg were completed. ?
The Danish spread was shot in the public or reception rooms. William and Catherine photographed the Obama's in their lounge which was a little surprising. However, neither of those photo shoots came close to that famous photo of Princess Margaret wearing the Poltimore tiara in the bath. I guess it is a little hard to forget. :D

Last edited:
However, neither of those photo shoots came close to that famous photo of Princess Margaret wearing the Poltimore tiara in the bath. I guess it is a little hard to forget. :D

Why even bother because no one is ever going to top PM in the bath with the Poltimore tiara. ;)

Why even bother because no one is ever going to top PM in the bath with the Poltimore tiara. ;)

Can you imagine the vapors people would have if the Duchesses of Cambridge or Sussex did a similar pic with their tiaras lol?

:previous:
The *uproar* would be heard around the world and back......love your sense of humor.....:lol:

Hope the Duchess has a huge tub full of champagne bubbles and rose candles.......

The *uproar* would be heard around the world and back......love your sense of humor.....:lol:

Hope the Duchess has a huge tub full of champagne bubbles and rose candles.......

There truly wouldn't be enough spelling salts to go around! ?

But all jokes aside, I would love to see some updated interiors for all the various houses the media has claimed for Meghan and Harry. I am curious what their taste would be. We got a good sense of Meghan's from how she did her home in Toronto, as featured on the Tig.

Oh I so agree with you, being someone who rips down walls and tears up electrical units and can sew a mean drape.......I would love to see the inside of any of the royal houses....and let me at them.

This is absolute BS. The roof work was scheduled well before the Sussexes were even engaged. And the new dog's name isn't Oz! How many time does Meghan need to say that before they catch on? :lol:

This is absolute BS. The roof work was scheduled well before the Sussexes were even engaged. And the new dog's name isn't Oz! How many time does Meghan need to say that before they catch on? :lol:

Yeah but I believe they will move to A1.

I think the couple will move into an apartment at KP sooner or later, hopefully within months, but I don't believe the Fail has any insider information on anything.

Yeah but I believe they will move to A1.

That would be my suspicion as well (although, these two like to surprise people), but I don't believe what they are saying now or that it's anymore than just their own guessing.

I think the couple will move into an apartment at KP sooner or later, hopefully within months, but I don't believe the Fail has any insider information on anything.

They already live on the grounds in Nott Cott ...I don't think they'll move until they are ready for a family...or after she's expecting.

LaRae

This is absolute BS. The roof work was scheduled well before the Sussexes were even engaged. And the new dog's name isn't Oz! How many time does Meghan need to say that before they catch on? [emoji38]
I can confirm that the roof work on the Gloucester ''s apartment certainly started well before the engagement announcement. That said, the writing was on the wall, and I am sure it was decided to do the structural work on the apartment before it was publicly allocated to Harry.

They will eventually move into something bigger but the Fail has zero idea what they are talking about.

Did the Gloucesters move out already? Or are they still living there? IMHO I recall having read somewhere quite some time ago that the queen and the DoE would use the apartment as their base in London while BP is restored? Can someone else remember that, too and knows maybe more?

Last edited:
There is nothing indicating the Gloucesters have moved.

LaRae

There is nothing indicating the Gloucesters have moved.

LaRae
Building works have been ongoing there for a long time, irrespective of where the Gloucestershire live now.

Did the Gloucesters move out already? Or are they still living there? IMHO I recall having read somewhere quite some time ago that the queen and the DoE would use the apartment as their base in London while BP is restored? Can someone else remember that, too and knows maybe more?
The Queen is unlikely to move to BP. As the repair of BP is in a phased manner, she will probably jusr move elsewhere on a refurbished part, or perhaps just stay at Windsor the full week.

Last edited by a moderator:
From @Royal reporter on Twitter (Richard Palmer)

1. There's been much speculation about the Duke and Duchess of Sussex moving into the Duke and Duchess of Gloucester's home, Apartment 1 at Kensington Palace, but aides insist Harry and Meghan plan to stay in Nottingham Cottage "for the foreseeable future".

2. There's been speculation because of work on a new roof at Apartment 1 but I believe that is part of a wider programme on royal buildings and it was planned before Harry and Meghan were even an item.

3. A spokeswoman for the Duke and Duchess of Gloucester says they “continue to live in Apartment 1”.

The Queen's residence won't be affected until about 2025.

Perhaps, the Sussex’s will stay at their cottage even after they pop out a little crumb snatcher. Perhaps it’s big enough to welcome a child for the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom