Future Home for Prince Harry

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
[-][/-]
Just on that point, wasn’t it in Notts cottage that H&M did their BBC engagement interview? If so it didn’t appear the same size as what I would call a cottage thought not saying its a mansion.

I don’t think so. Harry’s office is at KP as well.

I doubt George and Charlotte run around outside without their RPOs in attendance no matter where they are. So I don't see the issue. And I'm sure there is private outdoor space at KP where any future Sussex children could play, even if it is not right outside their door.

The Sussex children won’t have RPOs. Precisely why I think a private garden for them to play in is even more important.

Last edited by a moderator:
[-][/-]
Just on that point, wasn’t it in Notts cottage that H&M did their BBC engagement interview? If so it didn’t appear the same size as what I would call a cottage thought not saying its a mansion.
The interview was in the part of KP where they have the offices, not Nottingham Cottage.

Actually, if I'm not mistaken, the Cambridges and the Sussexes have their offices and also meeting rooms that can be used for various purposes at KP and they're actually housed in what was Diana's old apartment. I believe that's where Kate guest edited for the Huffinton Post and there's been various other times these rooms were used.

Actually, if I'm not mistaken, the Cambridges and the Sussexes have their offices and also meeting rooms that can be used for various purposes at KP and they're actually housed in what was Diana's old apartment. I believe that's where Kate guest edited for the Huffinton Post and there's been various other times these rooms were used.

Thats correct.

I am really wishing they would announce their country home. Can we say that they are in fact leasing a country house in the Cotswolds as was reported? Or are we assuming that is bogus?

I am really wishing they would announce their country home. Can we say that they are in fact leasing a country house in the Cotswolds as was reported? Or are we assuming that is bogus?
It was reported that after the tennis match Meghan went to the Cotswolds, so I assume it was off to their country home to meet up with Harry.

So we assume they are indeed leasing a very nice house in the Cotswolds on the SoHo Farm. That's great to hear. It would be very 'stuffy' for Meghan to be stuck at KP while Harry is out-and-about. This way she can do her jogging and swimming and socializing in the country air.

I saw a publication on the newstands entitled Closer (July 16, 2018), with a cover story on the Sussexes, entitled: At Home With Meghan and Harry. It may not be true, but the writer claims that Meghan is busy with decorating plans for their new Apartment 1 at KP. That's likely just speculation since it has not been confirmed that Meghan and Harry are moving into KP Apt. 1.

The article also claims that the Queen gifted M&H York Cottage on the Sandringham estate after their wedding. That doesn't sound accurate either. Aren't the Sussexes planning to move into a home in the Cotswolds?

At the end of the below clip from ABC, royal journalist Omid Mio Scobie says that Meghan is leaning on her closest friends at this time, as she continues to navigate her new life. Scobie also mentions that Jessica flew over recently from Canada, and that Meghan and Harry hosted Serena Williams and her husband Alexis Ohanian at their Oxfordshire home.

Have there been any pics of M&H's Oxfordshire home? Are they just renting there for the time being until they are gifted a country home on the Sandringham grounds, or have they purchased a home in Oxfordshire? I would imagine it's being kept quiet where they stay in the country on the weekends in order to maintain their privacy, with all the continued media storm swirling around them.

More speculation about York Cottage being gifted to the Sussexes by the Queen:
https://metro.co.uk/2018/05/19/insi...ding-gift-prince-harry-meghan-markle-7561239/

Y'know, with all the turmoil that has been going on with Meghan and her estranged family, I don't blame them for keeping *any* information about their private lives securely under wraps. If people don't know where to start hunting them down, the UK is a much bigger place to hide in. :D

^^ Yes, that's the sad part. Prince Harry, just like his brother, was definitely going to be very protective of his wife and family in any case. But now, the private lives of the Sussexes are going to be kept locked down to an even higher degree. So maybe the York Cottage rumors are intended to throw people off the scent, because Sandringham is private property and isn't easily breached. Omid Scobie let slip something about Oxfordshire, but that could be a temporary Cotswolds rental.

Harry must have something like a dozen different homes by now :lol:

Oh who knows what is true at this point! It does make sense IF they want a place larger than Nott Cott but not too far out of London. Supposedly right now they are renting a country home.

I'm gonna say if it is true, they will do some major renovations...they don't seem like gilded dolphin fans to me.

LaRae

Oh who knows what is true at this point! It does make sense IF they want a place larger than Nott Cott but not too far out of London. Supposedly right now they are renting a country home.

I'm gonna say if it is true, they will do some major renovations...they don't seem like gilded dolphin fans to me.

LaRae

Would they be allowed to change things - the dolphins and gold rope coming from the former Royal yacht, "Royal George"?

Fireplace sounds nice too.

I could see all the "pluses" of the Cotswolds for Meghan, but perhaps the tide is turning - less celebrity mixing and more within the Royal fold.

If I see Meghan wearing that tuxedo on the Oz tour, I'll know she is still calling her own shots.

If not, I'll think the Royal machine has the power after all. :lol::lol::lol:

Last edited:
Would they be allowed to change things - the dolphins and gold rope coming from a former Royal yacht?

Fireplace sounds nice too.

I could see all the "pluses" of the Cotswolds for Meghan, but perhaps the tide is turning - less celebrity mixing and more within the Royal fold.

If I see Meghan wearing that tuxedo on the Oz tour, I'll know she is still calling her own shots.

If not, I'll think the Royal machine has the power after all.

Yes those features could go into storage or wherever...not sure how much call there is now days for gilded dolphins.

I don't think her wearing a trouser suit is that big of a deal...I think most all of the younger royal ladies have worn variations of it..including Diana as I recall.

It's pretty clear she's wearing what she likes to wear to these engagements.

LaRae

Moving is not an IF but a when. Nott's cottage is not reasonable for when they have kids. A nanny is a reality for royals. You cant have a child and a nanny in a 2 bedroom cottage, unless the nanny sleeps in the nursery.

The only question is whether they will have a large London apartment as their main home and maybe a small country home on an estate. Or if they will do like Andrew and Edward and have a huge country home, and just a small apartment in London for work.

Adelaide doesn't seem too large. It would make sense as a small country home for weekends, with a large London base. It is in 'home park' part of Windsor, and near things like Frogmore house which we know they love.

Being a grade II listed building, they would require permission to change any aspects that are historical to the buildling

I don't think they have one. there would problaby be talk about it, we would be told where it is, and when they are moving in etc...

I definitely think they have a country home already.

I agree. :flowers: Or it's my 'projected' hope. ;) It's summertime, when they should be in the country, swimming and taking hikes. There were reports of a leased house and that Meghan and Harry met up one day in the Cotswolds, so I have high hopes they are enjoying their summer in the Cotswolds.

They may have rented a temporary country home much as Will and Kate rented a temporary home in Wales while William was serving in the RAF.

What is still to come is permanent residences for Harry and Meghan and their family. :D

It's been pretty widely reported they are renting a house in the country. Renting.

LaRae

I don't think they have one. there would problaby be talk about it, we would be told where it is, and when they are moving in etc...

Not necessarily. I don't think they own one but I really have zero doubt they have someplace outside London to relax.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom