Future Home for Prince Harry

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
York Cottage IMO is in quite a nice location but it's a rather ugly late Victorian building architecturally. As far as I know the estate office for the Sandringham estate is located there as well as accommodation for estate workers and holiday lets. I suppose they could all be thrown out and a refurbishment for Harry take place, but I don't think it's likely somehow!

This would be a significant purchase for a single Harry. 7 bedrooms is a lot of space plus his future wife may not want to live in Norfolk, even as a country retreat.

He could always sell it I suppose. Just seems like something you would have once you're married, not while you're still single.

Last edited:
I echo what Curryong wrote, one York Cottage is in use as office space, and two, it was deemed "glum" even back when George V occupied it, but he seemed to be keen on it.

Prince Harry is not buying a £3.6m mansion in the North Norfolk village of Wighton, it was confirmed today.

National newspapers today ran a story saying that Water Hall, near Wighton, boasting seven bedrooms, a swimming pool and no neighbours, had enticed the prince because of its proximity to Anmer Hall, where the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge live.

But a spokesman from country house agents Savills in Norwich, selling the property, confirmed today that this was not the case and Water Hall is still very much for sale.
Prince Harry ISN’T moving to this £3.6m Norfolk mansion with private pool after all... - Property - Eastern Daily Press

Prince Charles and possibly the Queen would contribute to Harry's first marital home, I believe. However at the moment Harry's single and personally I don't believe he was seriously interested in Water Hall, lovely though it is. It's too big for one person. Somebody was flying a kite here, probably Emily Andrews.

Isn't the matter settle yet? After the denial, I mean.

Great publicity for the house though. I'm sure the interest in the house has sky rocketed

Oh my god my brain hurts from reading that. Does someone actually pay that writer:eek: I have seen better in high school papers

It goes from sounding like some vamped up dating ad for Prince Charming to a review of a bromance movie of two brothers. The crocodile wrestling prince who is going to buy a house with a helipad so he can fly back and forth to London so his social life is not impacted. Heck we even throw in the middletons, how he is falling for their charm, and how Charles is jealous:ermm: oh and let's not forget to throw in the ex and how her dad lives close. Poor Harry is so desperate to live close to his brother. You know the time in London is not enough and the strenuous ten minute drive from sandringham to Amner is just too much for him :whistling:

:previous: All that is missing from "As The Royals Turn" is a female companion for Lupo. They always forget Lupo. :sad:

Oh my god my brain hurts from reading that. Does someone actually pay that writer:eek: I have seen better in high school papers

It lives close. Poor Harry is so desperate to live close to his brother. You know the time in London is not enough and the strenuous ten minute drive from sandringham to Amner is just too much for him :whistling:

why does he want to go to Amner? I'm sure he's still close to William and loves the kids but I'm equally sure he does not want to be sittng around the Cambridges house all the time. And I'm sure Charles is not fretting over his sons, IMO he's not the sort of father who wants to be with his kids all the time..

One glaring error from the article, Charles can't give Highgrove to Harry when he is King and doesn't need it. It is own by the Duchy of Cornwall not him personally and William will be the Duke then with George to follow him.

Also everything indicates the Cambridges moving back to KP after William's contract is up. So if Harry is going to Norfolk to be with William. He might not be there much longer as his main home.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

William will be keeping Anmer as his country home and KP as his city home. Harry already has a London home also at KP so having a country home near William isn't beyond the realms of possibility as it means that Harry can be near his brother and his brother's family all the time rather than only when they are in London (a bit like Zara and Peter whose families both live on or near the Gatcombe estate).

LOL, Charles needs to accept that the Windsors love Sandringham... and Balmoral. I recall reading, but don't remember whether the source was credible or not, that after Victoria's death Edward VII offered Osborne House to his son, the future George V. George declined preferring to stay in the "glum" York Cottage on the Sandringham estate.

It is interesting referring to Sandringham as the place where "his parents were cheerful" considering that is where Diana threw herself down the stairs (IIRC) and was supposedly an assignation site for Charles and Camilla. Where I can see it making sense is that they spent Christmases there, but I don't know if it was Sandringham itself, rather the "cheerful" part had to do with it being the holidays.

ETA:
Not sure that the younger royals are as keen on Balmoral as previous generations.

Last edited:
It didn't say that Charles and Diana found 'Sandringham' cheerful but 'Norfolk'. I suspect that they visited friends in Norfolk and were able to put on an act while visiting for a few days but when they were just a family then the fights etc were ongoing.

Charles loves Sandringham and spends time there himself. He also loves Balmoral.

Edward VII offered Osbourne to his sisters who said they couldn't afford its upkeep and as he already had Sandringham he gave it to the nation.

Diana's seems more likely. If Charles keeps his intently stay in Clarence and not move (his mother tried that but had to move to Buckingham, maybe he will have more luck). If Charles did move, Clarence House would open up to the Cambridges and Harry could move into three current.

I don't see the Gloucesters moving until they retire from duties. And when their current renters are out of their manor. As long as they still do some duties, I don't see them giving up their London home.

But really the move isn't needed for some time. Harry is not even engaged. And even when married, Notting could work for a while.

Last edited:
:previous:Good point Countessmeout. I can see Harry moving into Apts 8 and 9 rather than Apt. 1.

Diana's seems more likely. If Charles keeps his intently stay in Clarence and not move (his mothervtruervthat but had to move to Buckingham, maybe he will have more luck). If Charles died move, Clarence House would open up to the Cambridges and Harry could move into three current.

I don't see the Gloucesters moving until they retire from duties. And when their current renters are out of their manor. As long as they still do some duties, I don't see them giving up their London home.

But really the move isn't needed for some time. Harry is not even engaged. And even when married, Notting could work for a while.

It will be interesting tio see when and if Charles moves to BP. BP will soon be undergoing a phased, 10 year program of renovations, with the monarc's private apartments being the last phase of the redevelopment. Depending on the timing of Charles' accession, he may delay moving to BP till the works are complete.

As to whether Harry will eventually move to Apartments 8&9@KP, a lot will depend on when he marries, and what other accommodation might well be available at KP. I don't thuink we know what other potential options at KP are available.

We're told KP will be William's residence when he's heir to the throne. As his court grows the need for more rooms will increase.

The Cambridges will eventually need more space, not less and they already use Apt 8 for meetings and work space.

Harry will have to be fitted in somewhere but William's needs as heir will come first.

I hope TRH The Duke and Duchess of Clarence will have a residence at Clarence House indeed. The Duke's parents will occupy Buckingham Palace, Windsor Castle, Balmoral Castle and Sandringham House.

Or maybe Highgrove will come in the picture for Harry.

Highgrove is Duchy of Cornwall property.

We're told KP will be William's residence when he's heir to the throne. As his court grows the need for more rooms will increase.

The Cambridges will eventually need more space, not less and they already use Apt 8 for meetings and work space.

Harry will have to be fitted in somewhere but William's needs as heir will come first.

That's right! Kensington Palace is the Cambridge's official London residence. They're not moving from there until William comes to the throne.

I think Harry will continue to live at Kensington too. I just think some things will be moved to make room for him.

That is why all those new basement offices are being built, to free up space above. Meaning there will be plenty of office dose for William and Kate's staff without the apartments of Diana.

Yes the intention is fir them to remain in Kensington for now. But that lies heavily with the fact Charles isn't vacating Clarence. When the work is done on Buckingham, King Charles will face the sane pressure as his mother to move there. Freeing Clarence House for the new Prince if Wales. Which makes sense, as Clarence is larger and more suited for the duties of the heir.

Fir a home outside of London, I would not be surprised if Harry was given the use of Highgrove. William has Amner and will have use of Birkhall likely when his dad is king. Wood farm is another option.

Last edited:
What if William shifted over to Birkhall and left Amner for Harry's use?

LaRae

Highgrove is owned by the Duchy of Cornwall. William could lease it to Harry though.

I think Charles owns Birkhall outright.

Last edited:
What if William shifted over to Birkhall and left Amner for Harry's use?

LaRae

Birkhall is in Scotland, so not really a substitute for Anmer. My sense is that once Charles is King and assuming Harry is married by then, housing will end up as follows:

Charles: BP (assuming works are completed and he moves there), Windsor, Sandringham and Balmoral
William: KP 1A / Clarence House (especially if this is after George and Charlotte have gone to Boarding school), Highgrove, the place in Wales and Birkhall
Harry: An apartment at KP (perhaps 1A, if the Cambridges have moved to Clarence House), Anmer or a property on the Windsor estate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom