The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2018, 03:40 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Yeps. This thread has been around for a long time. Since 2006. 12 years of watching and waiting to see where Harry finally ends up. Now that he's married with a baby on the way, I do believe the end is in sight. Finally.

Old 11-11-2018, 04:00 PM
Serene Highness

I feel that Harry & Meghan will end up in a situation something like the wessexes or Princess Anne - a home in the costwalds (or whereever) and small home/ suite near offices in london. probably a larger apt in KP - but i dont see their family based in london.

and I think their family, babies, nanny and possibly doria will be in their family home and they will travel to london as needed. they are working royals focusing on the commonwealth... they travel from london all the time; they could just as easily be travelling from their home elsewhere

Old 11-11-2018, 04:04 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleQ2 View Post
I feel that Harry & Meghan will end up in a situation something like the wessexes or Princess Anne - a home in the costwalds (or whereever) and small home/ suite near offices in london. probably a larger apt in KP - but i dont see their family based in london.

and I think their family, babies, nanny and possibly doria will be in their family home and they will travel to london as needed. they are working royals focusing on the commonwealth... they travel from london all the time; they could just as easily be travelling from their home elsewhere
Not that Iím disagreeing with your take on how their housing situation will be like, but I do want to point out that their Commonwealth travel will still be the much smaller part of their overall engagements. Most of their engagements will be based in UK on a daily basis. There will probably be one big trip a year if that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
For what itís worth, Richard Palmer swears his sources tell him the Gloucesters arenít vacating their apartment at KP.
Just for context purposes, last time Richard Palmer swore something was true was the story about Meghanís photos being used for Closer case. And he has reported on Meghan and Harry moving into Apt 1 before as well. So while not all of the RRs are always right, Richard Palmer isnít even someone Iíd put in the second tier for accurate sources.
Old 11-11-2018, 04:22 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Actually, the set up they have right now with Nott Cott in London and a rental place away in the Cotswolds is probably going to be their option for quite a while yet. It works for them.

I don't see Harry ahd Meghan being the type of people that bigger is better when it comes to homes. As long as they have enough room for their family and their dogs and visiting friends and a nanny, its home. I'm going to go out on a limb too and state that I don't believe that H&M will have extensive household staff either. Meghan seems to revel being in the kitchen and she's a natural homemaker and like William and Kate, H&M will be more of a "we do it ourselves whenever we can" kind of family.

This is a couple that will settle into a home life away from the public eye. There's just no rush yet. I sincerely think Meghan could make a home out of a yurt in the woods of Balmoral should that be what they wanted.
It's not about being hands on or not. The reality is they will need a nanny. Even if they had larger staff, that staff wouldn't have to live in the cottage. But a nanny would. Even if Nott has three bedrooms which is questionable, it's tiny. Both William and Harry have said that. Having them, a baby and a nanny living there wouldn't be comfortable long. Not to mention if they have more then one.
Old 11-11-2018, 05:03 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Even if Nott has three bedrooms which is questionable, it's tiny. Both William and Harry have said that. Having them, a baby and a nanny living there wouldn't be comfortable long. Not to mention if they have more then one.
No, they wouldn't have any privacy at all!

I really can't see them staying there much longer; they will want to be settled somewhere before the baby comes.
Old 11-11-2018, 06:23 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Yeps. This thread has been around for a long time. Since 2006. 12 years of watching and waiting to see where Harry finally ends up. Now that he's married with a baby on the way, I do believe the end is in sight. Finally.
Think this will be settled by the time we get to 100 pages?
Old 11-11-2018, 06:39 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
First thing we'll hear of is that they're moving out of Nott Cott and that will take us to 100 pages at least. Then we wait and watch some more for the country residence to be confirmed as permanent.
Old 11-11-2018, 07:44 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Actually, the set up they have right now with Nott Cott in London and a rental place away in the Cotswolds is probably going to be their option for quite a while yet. It works for them.

I don't see Harry ahd Meghan being the type of people that bigger is better when it comes to homes. As long as they have enough room for their family and their dogs and visiting friends and a nanny, its home. I'm going to go out on a limb too and state that I don't believe that H&M will have extensive household staff either. Meghan seems to revel being in the kitchen and she's a natural homemaker and like William and Kate, H&M will be more of a "we do it ourselves whenever we can" kind of family.

This is a couple that will settle into a home life away from the public eye. There's just no rush yet. I sincerely think Meghan could make a home out of a yurt in the woods of Balmoral should that be what they wanted.
Certainly Meghan comes from an unpretentious background and we know she loves cooking, and she will likely revel in taking hands-on care of her family. In that sense, Nott Cott is indeed enough room and quite homey I'm sure, at least right now. It's said to be a two-bedroom cottage. Of course, H&M don't actually need a 20+ room grand apartment at KP. But at this point, neither do the two empty-nest Gloucesters. And there are a lot of additional realities and duties that go along with the roles and status of the Sussexes (no matter how 'normal' and hands-on they both may prefer to be).

I don't know enough about it or them to make knowledgeable predictions. My guess is that most likely, H&M will definitely end up procuring a permanent home in the country, whether at Windsor or more likely, in the Cotswolds (Berkshire). Because of their staffing needs, re the royal duties, Royal Foundation, and Commonwealth work they will be doing, and because they likely will end up having more than one child, I do not think they plan to reside at Nott Cott indefinitely.

BTW, Adelaide Cottage at Windsor appears to be romantically intimate, rather than grand and imposing.
Old 11-12-2018, 01:59 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiaMia_53 View Post
Certainly Meghan comes from an unpretentious background and we know she loves cooking, and she will likely revel in taking hands-on care of her family. In that sense, Nott Cott is indeed enough room and quite homey I'm sure, at least right now. It's said to be a two-bedroom cottage. Of course, H&M don't actually need a 20+ room grand apartment at KP. But at this point, neither do the two empty-nest Gloucesters. And there are a lot of additional realities and duties that go along with the roles and status of the Sussexes (no matter how 'normal' and hands-on they both may prefer to be).

I don't know enough about it or them to make knowledgeable predictions. My guess is that most likely, H&M will definitely end up procuring a permanent home in the country, whether at Windsor or more likely, in the Cotswolds (Berkshire). Because of their staffing needs, re the royal duties, Royal Foundation, and Commonwealth work they will be doing, and because they likely will end up having more than one child, I do not think they plan to reside at Nott Cott indefinitely.

BTW, Adelaide Cottage at Windsor appears to be romantically intimate, rather than grand and imposing.
Assuming the house in Windsor is actually available and suitable, the cost of acquiring the lease will be a consideration.
Old 11-12-2018, 04:18 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
It's not about being hands on or not. The reality is they will need a nanny. Even if they had larger staff, that staff wouldn't have to live in the cottage. But a nanny would. Even if Nott has three bedrooms which is questionable, it's tiny. Both William and Harry have said that. Having them, a baby and a nanny living there wouldn't be comfortable long. Not to mention if they have more then one.
Does anyone remember the chronology of moves the Cambridges made when George was born? I seem to recall that their London base at the time was Nott Cott and that even though Catherine tried not having a nanny initially she went from the hospital to her parents house rather than Nott Cott.
I donít remember whether they were still based in Wales at Georgeís birth or where they went and when after Catherine left her parents, but Iím pretty sure they didnít return to Nott Cott after they had baby George.
Old 11-12-2018, 05:18 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by sndral View Post
Does anyone remember the chronology of moves the Cambridges made when George was born? I seem to recall that their London base at the time was Nott Cott and that even though Catherine tried not having a nanny initially she went from the hospital to her parents house rather than Nott Cott.
I don’t remember whether they were still based in Wales at George’s birth or where they went and when after Catherine left her parents, but I’m pretty sure they didn’t return to Nott Cott after they had baby George.
Getting a bit off topic, but the Cambridges briefly went to Nott Cott from the hospital so the Queen could visit and meet George before she left for Scotland. Then they went to Bucklebury for a few weeks before going to Wales for a short while while William finished up his military service.

They moved into Apt 1A sometime between late 2013 and early 2014, and Anmer Hall in 2015 around the time of Charlotte's birth. There is some unconfirmed speculation that they stayed at Wood Farm while waiting for Anmer to be finished with renovations that started in 2013.

They hired Nanny Maria when George was 8 months old.
Old 11-12-2018, 06:04 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
I donít remember whether they were still based in Wales at Georgeís birth or where they went and when after Catherine left her parents, but Iím pretty sure they didnít return to Nott Cott after they had baby George.
William and Kate lived in Wales until September when George was first born. Though Kate spent a lot of time in Buckleberry with her mom.

They lived in Nott for about a month with George. By October 2013 (articles around October 10 saying settling in) they moved into their apartment.

While they didn't have a nanny until the following spring, they did have a part time nanny. Jessie Webb helped those first months. But as she only helped the odd day both couple were at an event, she wouldn't need to love with them.

Meghan and Harry are different though. Kate and William were part time royals until recently. Meghan and Harry are not. While I know Meghan will take some maternity leave I doubt it will be as long.
Old 11-12-2018, 09:13 PM
Serene Highness

Although we have very little information about Nott Cottís size, given that even part time Royals at the time William and Catherine spent such a short amount of time there after Georgeís birth it seems pretty obvious that Nott Cott wonít be adequate for full time Royals Harry and Meghan + baby + nanny + Doria for a short while at least, I assume.
Iím surprised that we havenít heard anything definite in terms of where they would be moving - if a bigger apartment in KP youíd think weíd have heard by now, or at least weíd have heard of renovations to a likely apartment.
Old 11-13-2018, 09:44 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Although we have very little information about Nott Cottís size, given that even part time Royals at the time William and Catherine spent such a short amount of time there after Georgeís birth it seems pretty obvious that Nott Cott wonít be adequate for full time Royals Harry and Meghan + baby + nanny + Doria for a short while at least, I assume.
Iím surprised that we havenít heard anything definite in terms of where they would be moving - if a bigger apartment in KP youíd think weíd have heard by now, or at least weíd have heard of renovations to a likely apartment.
I am sure some clarity will emerge in the next few months
Old 11-16-2018, 10:28 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
It always comes back around to Sandringham for me...there are a lot more pros than cons. Security, cost, options etc etc. But they may very well do their own thing away from there.
LaRae

I think you are right. A property on the Sandringham estate will not cost anything, just lost revenue for the Queen, which she may be happy to forego for Harry.
No matter how much Sandringham might be easiest to set up, financially make sense, fulfill the country, hunting party desires of Harry... no happy wife, no happy life. Seems pretty clear that if Meghan were willing to even try Sandringham, they'd be there, doing that.

They are not there. That says a lot.
Harry didn't even participate in the Boxing Day hunt last year.
Much as it might have been a good option in the past, Sandringham is not an option anymore.

That's my opinion. LaRae is entitled to have her own and hold firm to it.
I don't see Norfolk being an option for H&M, any more than I see Kate ever giving up Anmer where William and Kate started their family and go whenever they can get there.
Old 11-16-2018, 10:51 PM
Commoner

William and Kate's homeless state on George's arrival.

Quote:
As best I've been able to piece it together, Will and Kate didn't really have a home base when George came along. They did have Apt1a in the works.
Nott Cott had been essentially a place to stay over while/when they needed to be in London from after the wedding.

April 29, 2011 Marry and return to Wales

July 2011 Have option of London residence at Nottingham Cottage, Kensington

Dec 3, 2012 Announce they are expecting (Prince George)

July 22, 2013 George is born. Wm&K spend time in Bucklebury, Angelsey, and finally a few weeks at Balmoral before they have a home of their own for the baby.

Aug. 2013 Leave Angsley, Wales.
7.5 yr Military tour of duty completed.

Oct. 5, 2013 Kensington, Apt. 1A is finally ready.

March 2014 Prince William, Kate & Prince George tour Australia.

Sept 2014 Baby announcement, precipitated by HG for 2nd time.

April 1, 2015 Anmer Hall is ready. Family has been at Wood Farm,
hunting lodge nearby while waiting for reno to complete.
July 2014 per
http://www.ibtimes.com/prince-willia...report-1636588
April 1, 2015 per
https://www.vanityfair.com/style/201...-to-amner-hall
Old 11-16-2018, 11:13 PM
Commoner

The Sussex Country Home in the Cotswolds

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiaMia_53 View Post
I don't know enough about it or them to make knowledgeable predictions. My guess is that most likely, H&M will definitely end up procuring a permanent home in the country, whether at Windsor or more likely, in the Cotswolds (Berkshire).

Because of their staffing needs, re the royal duties, Royal Foundation, and Commonwealth work they will be doing, and because they likely will end up having more than one child, I do not think they plan to reside at Nott Cott indefinitely.
I agree with you - the country home in the Cotswolds seems to be what they most want. It affords them mutually desirable social connections, the privacy of the Cotswolds/Great Tew Estate, the space and room to set up their home life.

Probably with some effort, it seems that they've made certain there are no internet leads, no pictures, no way to catch a glimpse of their location there. To me, that says a lot - good secuirty well in place.

The only lead I have been able to turn up are filings for a home to be bulit on the spot of Beggar's Lodge - necessary for planning approval, but no actual links to Prince Harry even on those renderings. So, I can only hazard a guess that that might be their eventual country home.

The two of them seem to value their privacy very, very highly - who can fault them for that? We still have no clue where they honeymooned, and they manage to live on the down low pretty well. They don't have to share their doings the same way as the future King and his family. This seems like the way they roll, and how they could really keep things normal for their children.
Old 11-17-2018, 12:05 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy-PA USA View Post
No matter how much Sandringham might be easiest to set up, financially make sense, fulfill the country, hunting party desires of Harry... no happy wife, no happy life. Seems pretty clear that if Meghan were willing to even try Sandringham, they'd be there, doing that.

Harry didn't even participate in the Boxing Day hunt last year.
Much as it might have been a good option in the past, Sandringham is not an option anymore.

That's my opinion. LaRae is entitled to have her own and hold firm to it.
I don't see Norfolk being an option for H&M, any more than I see Kate ever giving up Anmer where William and Kate started their family and go whenever they can get there.
Agreed. They are never likely to be based in Norfolk. Itís not feasible with the fact that they are both full time working royals. Theyíll be based in London or nearby with their young family so that they can carry out their duties and raise their child(ten). And Anmer doesnít seem to be suitable as a weekend home for them either. The Cambridges seem to love it in Norfolk, so I donít see them giving it up until William is king and inherits the big house.
Old 11-17-2018, 02:44 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Seems pretty clear that if Meghan were willing to even try Sandringham, they'd be there, doing that.

How do we know they are not using a weekend cottage on the Sandringham estate? I know there ahs been tabloid speculation about a place in the Cotswolds, but that is about as far as it seems to have gotten to.

Why might you suggest that Meghan has a preference for the Cotswolds?

Quote:
.....any more than I see Kate ever giving up Anmer where William and Kate started their family and go whenever they can get there.
Anmer is their home for now. In time, it may well be that they choose to let Anmer go because they have Highgrove, and don't want two country properties in the south of the UK.
Old 11-17-2018, 03:07 AM
Royal Highness

A great summary of the various homes speculated as the "one".

https://cotedetexas.blogspot.com/201...t-i-found.html

And a report on who's doing the decorating that came out a few weeks ago, but didn't seem to generate much discussion at the time.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-bolthole.html

It's the Cotswolds for me: Right from the start Soho Farmhouse and the Beckhams were said to be close neighbours, and whether it's "Beggars Lodge" or "Beconsfield Farm", both fit all the descriptions regarding the location.

Anyway, the above article has some great photos and shows the locations of these places.

(And Google Earth is great for all these Royal places - I've just checked out the swimming pool at Anmer Hall - unusual shape, but maybe a wading area with such little children.)

Closed Thread

Tags
highgrove, prince harry, prince william, residences