The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2018, 10:12 AM
Heir Apparent

Maybe they'll stay more at Cotswoulds until a permanent solution is found? That lease is at least for 2 years (2, 3, and 5 all have been discussed).

I agree with the poster above that said the longer term solution would probably be something like Apt 1 and Adelaide Cottage. Adelaide, while on royal property, isn't a big home, and would serve as a nice weekend home for them outside of the city. I still think they are more likely to be based in the city. Unfortunately, there isn't any royal property near Cotswoulds, except for Highgrove.

Old 10-16-2018, 10:28 AM
Super Moderator

Yes, staying in the Cotwolds or wherever their country rental is until something is sorted out in London is the only thing that makes sense...except, that is a long way to be commuting back and forth for engagements. If the DoS takes off the standard 4-6months after the baby is born, that would still mean that she would be leaving the little one behind on a regular basis, and I certainly wouldn't want to do that no matter how good the nanny is.

I'm sure all this is being worked out, if it hasn't already, but I'm curious to see what solution they come up with.

Old 10-16-2018, 10:33 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ista View Post
Yes, staying in the Cotwolds or wherever their country rental is until something is sorted out in London is the only thing that makes sense...except, that is a long way to be commuting back and forth for engagements. If the DoS takes off the standard 4-6months after the baby is born, that would still mean that she would be leaving the little one behind on a regular basis, and I certainly wouldn't want to do that no matter how good the nanny is.

I'm sure all this is being worked out, if it hasn't already, but I'm curious to see what solution they come up with.
I meant it'll probably be sorted out by then. There is about a year left to work this out. My guess is still that Gloucesters would move into 4B and Sussexes move into 1. But 4B is occupied until end of year, I believe, by the Queen's former Private Secretary. We might hear more early next year. While some will make a story out of Sussexes "kicking" Gloucester's out of their home, I think Gloucesters might prefer a smaller place since they are empty nesters and it can't be easy maintaining the place.
Old 10-16-2018, 11:05 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ista View Post
Thats what I was wondering about, too. I'm having a hard time believing that Nott Cott is going to be workable.
I agree, Nottingham Cottage is unlikely to be their London home. I suspect they will end up with a bigger apartment at KP soon.
Old 10-16-2018, 11:14 AM
Heir Apparent

I have to also agree. I don't think think they will be in Nott Cott too much longer.
Old 10-16-2018, 11:32 AM
Heir Presumptive

They could probably easily have their first child at Nottingham. A two bedroom house is not too small for a young baby but I don't see them staying there after the kid's turned 1.
Old 10-16-2018, 11:33 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empress Merel View Post
They could probably easily have their first child at Nottingham. A two bedroom house is not too small for a young baby but I don't see them staying there after the kid's turned 1.
No its not, but if you have live in help, it can be rather cosy
Old 10-17-2018, 03:40 PM
Courtier

Do they really need two houses at this stage? Maybe in the future when they are more established in their royal role and their child/ren are older, but one home (of sufficient size of course) should be adequate for the foreseeable future.
Old 10-17-2018, 03:41 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by royal-blue View Post
Do they really need two houses at this stage? Maybe in the future when they are more established in their royal role and their child/ren are older, but one home (of sufficient size of course) should be adequate for the foreseeable future.
I imagine they wouldn't want to move often with small child(ren). With royal residences, there are also concerns over a big renovation project. Do it once and do it right.
Old 10-19-2018, 07:13 PM
Courtier

They are probably best staying put until at least Charles is king. It may be worth giving some consideration to the perception of a Royal Family rapidly growing in size, with an ever increasing number of members, new babies and multiple luxury residences.
Old 10-21-2018, 03:54 PM
Courtier

I believe after the BP renovations, Charles will go to BP, W & K will go to CH and Highgrove, and H & M will get 1A and Amner. The renovations approval to 1A were easier to get for a direct heir than later for someone who is important, but falling farther and farther from the throne. I think The Firm knows how to do things in a way that stirs the least amount of fuss with the people. Koodoos.
Old 10-21-2018, 04:10 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by padams2359 View Post
I believe after the BP renovations, Charles will go to BP, W & K will go to CH and Highgrove, and H & M will get 1A and Amner. The renovations approval to 1A were easier to get for a direct heir than later for someone who is important, but falling farther and farther from the throne. I think The Firm knows how to do things in a way that stirs the least amount of fuss with the people. Koodoos.
That does not make sense. Renovation in 1A has nothing to do with importance in terms of approval. Just like the Gloucesters also received a structural renovation (I think it's just the roof, but I'm not certain) this year that cost over 1 million pound. And the BP renovation on the residence won't start until 2025. The Sussexes aren't going to stay in NottCott until their first child is 6 years old.
Old 10-21-2018, 04:42 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
That does not make sense. Renovation in 1A has nothing to do with importance in terms of approval. Just like the Gloucesters also received a structural renovation (I think it's just the roof, but I'm not certain) this year that cost over 1 million pound. And the BP renovation on the residence won't start until 2025. The Sussexes aren't going to stay in NottCott until their first child is 6 years old.
Agree that Nott Cott is a very temporary abode now that there's a baby on the way. Whether it's 2 or 3 bedrooms, there is no way it's going to work long term, especially if there are additional children.

I thought it had been made very clear that the Cambridges are settled in their current homes at least until Charles becomes king, and possibly until William becomes king, so I don't see the Cambridges moving to CH or Highgrove. It's the Sussexes who are going to have to have space found for them.
Old 10-21-2018, 05:07 PM
Imperial Majesty

Still wondering if they are going to either renovate or build something for H&M at Sandringham.

LaRae
Old 10-21-2018, 05:08 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I think its very possible that they're already working on residences for the Sussex family and its just not been announced yet. I also wouldn't be surprised to hear sooner rather than later that Nottingham Cottage will be given as a residence for Princess Beatrice. Its the perfect setting for a single royal.
Old 10-21-2018, 06:06 PM
Imperial Majesty

Other then people seeming to think Harry and William have to be attached, I don't see any sign Sandringham is really high consideration. There is no evidence the couple has any real draw to it.

if they do get a country home it will likely be at Windsor. Meghan is a city girl. Harry is big in the polo sect. They are rumored to be leading a country home in the area now, not confirmed. Their social life is very much around the soho group and polo fields. I doubt they would be too drawn all way to Sandringham.
Old 10-21-2018, 06:29 PM
Heir Apparent

Agreed. If the Cambridges want to give back Anmer Hall, they can simply do so without having to hand it down to Harry. Although, they seem to love the area and have friends there. OTOH, I don't think they've spent much time at Highgrove. And I have not seen any indication that Sussexes like Norfolk for anything other than Christmas with family.
Old 10-21-2018, 06:39 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
William will not have to "give back" Amner Hall as one day he is destined to personally own it as monarch. Sandringham and Balmoral are two estates that do personally belong to the monarch.

I thought I had read that the residences they're in right now is where they plan to stay until the time comes when William ascends the throne. This makes sense to me as both residences have been renovated to their own personal tastes in the interiors and they seem the type of people that would want a firm, solid family base for their family.

I think we can genuinely rule out Apt. 1A and Amner Hall for Harry or for anybody else in the future.
Old 10-21-2018, 06:48 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
William will not have to "give back" Amner Hall as one day he is destined to personally own it as monarch. Sandringham and Balmoral are two estates that do personally belong to the monarch.

I thought I had read that the residences they're in right now is where they plan to stay until the time comes when William ascends the throne. This makes sense to me as both residences have been renovated to their own personal tastes in the interiors and they seem the type of people that would want a firm, solid family base for their family.

I think we can genuinely rule out Apt. 1A and Amner Hall for Harry or for anybody else in the future.
Well, until then, he's on a lease. But yea, I agree, I don't see them giving up 1A or Amner. That's where they raised/are raising their children.

As for Harry, I just don't see them living in Norfolk. I can actually see some kind of leasing arrangement made with Highgrove if he and Meghan just want a small place in London. It's close to Cotswoulds, which is where they spend a lot of time at.
Old 10-22-2018, 03:38 AM
Royal Highness

The Sussexes reportedly will soon be moving from KP's Nottingham Cottage into the renovated Apartment 1 at KP (which adjoins the Cambridges Apartment 1A), previously occupied by the Gloucesters. Meanwhile M&H reportedly spend weekends at a rented home in the Cotswolds on the Great Tew Estate. Also QEII is said to have gifted them York Cottage on the Sandringham Estate and Adelaide Cottage on the Windsor Estate:

https://www.cheatsheet.com/culture/p...-cottage.html/

https://www.harpersbazaar.com/celebr...laide-cottage/

https://www.romper.com/p/heres-the-e...-years-9238432

Closed Thread

Tags
highgrove, prince harry, prince william, residences