The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2018, 07:53 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
Harry must have something like a dozen different homes by now
LOL right? Every week they have a new home reported. Clearly the press knows nothing.

Old 07-21-2018, 08:16 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Lion View Post
Adelaide Cottage, Windsor - now being reported as the future country home of Harry and Meghan.

Is this Grade II-listed romantic cottage in Windsor the Queen's gift to Harry and Meghan?* | Daily Mail Online
I don't believe it. I do believe they have a house in Cotswolds.

Old 07-21-2018, 08:26 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlo View Post
I don't believe it. I do believe they have a house in Cotswolds.
I should not think they have a house anywhere as yet, except for the cottage at KP....
Old 07-21-2018, 08:32 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
I should not think they have a house anywhere as yet, except for the cottage at KP....
Why? ......
Old 07-21-2018, 08:35 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I definitely think they have a country home already.
Old 07-21-2018, 08:35 PM
Majesty

I don't think they have one. there would problaby be talk about it, we would be told where it is, and when they are moving in etc...
Old 07-21-2018, 08:40 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACO View Post
I definitely think they have a country home already.
I agree. Or it's my 'projected' hope. It's summertime, when they should be in the country, swimming and taking hikes. There were reports of a leased house and that Meghan and Harry met up one day in the Cotswolds, so I have high hopes they are enjoying their summer in the Cotswolds.
Old 07-21-2018, 08:41 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
They may have rented a temporary country home much as Will and Kate rented a temporary home in Wales while William was serving in the RAF.

What is still to come is permanent residences for Harry and Meghan and their family.
Old 07-21-2018, 08:42 PM
Imperial Majesty

It's been pretty widely reported they are renting a house in the country. Renting.

LaRae
Old 07-21-2018, 08:49 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I don't think they have one. there would problaby be talk about it, we would be told where it is, and when they are moving in etc...
Not necessarily. I don't think they own one but I really have zero doubt they have someplace outside London to relax.
Old 07-21-2018, 08:56 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlo View Post
Why? ......
For one thing because the reported security measures and costs for security on the home in the Cotswolds made no sense.

This house on the grounds of Windsor makes a lot of sense security wise--and is near where Harry plays polo.
Old 07-21-2018, 08:57 PM
Majesty

I don't count renting...
Old 07-21-2018, 08:59 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
And I would think the intrepid reporters would be on the trail if there were real hints Harry and Meghan were actually living out of London. i don't doubt they go visit people and stay with some of them for a few days.
Old 07-22-2018, 03:00 AM
Nobility

I actually think Adelaide Cottage fits the bill for the couple and would not be surprised if this turns out to be true.

It's close to Windsor Castle, Frogmore house the Queen's private apartments at Windsor and Harry's polo. It was also recently renovated in 2015 so no major work needs to done.

One of the reasons reported for why the couple chose Windsor Castle for their wedding is that the couple spent a lot of time in the area while dating going frequently on long walks on the grounds. We also know Meghan absolutely adores Frogmore house which is also close by.

It was also reported at the time of the wedding though it went under the radar that the couple were given some sort of accommodations at Windsor so they could stay over for a night or two while planning the wedding. (it wasn't clear whether it was just a room or a small apartment).

I think the couple really adore the area and feel a real connection to it.
Old 07-22-2018, 03:19 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-H Anglophile View Post
And I would think the intrepid reporters would be on the trail if there were real hints Harry and Meghan were actually living out of London. i don't doubt they go visit people and stay with some of them for a few days.
But I suppose they might be renting a house. All the same, even a rented property might be chased up by the Press..
Old 07-22-2018, 03:33 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
don't seem like gilded dolphin fans to me.

Would they be allowed to change things
No.. but they could 'paint out' the Dolphins [ie, paint them the same colour as the rest of the ceiling], or as friends of mine [who inherited incredibly grand, and overpowering murals ,also 'listed'], they could 'tent' the room, hiding what they don't like, but not damaging it ?
Undoubtedly the dolphins and rope will be part of 'the listing' which is Grade II* [the second highest] so their removal would be [rightly] forbidden.
Old 07-22-2018, 03:41 AM
Nobility

Oh I love this prospect. I am so hoping for this report to be right.

My favourite option from all the speculations. Seems like the perfect country house for every reason.
  • Close to London
  • Crown Estate(security)
  • not a tiny parish, but a decently sized town (Windsor proper has quit a bit to offer)
  • a lot to explore nearby
  • closer to other country homes
  • close to Harry's polo
  • potential for great golf, tennis, cricket, bowling, etc.
  • great schools nearby for the future(should they wish to relocate their base with time)
  • obvious sentimental connection (love the symbolic symmetry)
  • they actually enjoy Windsor
  • recently renovated(although the extant of the renovations is unknown, it is fair to assume that it is at least in an inhabitable condition)
  • the property grounds seems just the right size
  • Sitting on this bench might just be on my bucket list.

Just lovely and seems like such a great fit.

If the gilded dolphins are not to their taste, I am sure they could cover them up with removable ceiling tiles. Not a hill to die on, in my opinion ..haha

________

I highly doubt they already have a country home, it wold be quite foolish to rush into buying/securing one when so much is still yet to be figured out. It has been reported that they are 'renting in the Cotswolds' for the time being and I could see that being a legitimate option. Enjoying their down time in a furbished and updated rented property until things settle down a bit.
Old 07-22-2018, 04:03 AM
Royal Highness

Save those dolphins Harry, Meghan!

Imagine Sunday mornings with all the kids in bed with you, having games and stories about the gold fish swimming about on the ceiling.

The Mirror has now put up a Google Map of Adelaide Cottage's location. Really just at the back door of Windsor Castle.

Is that too close for the couple? Too much under the watchful eye of whoever.
Old 07-22-2018, 04:52 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Lion View Post
Is that too close for the couple? Too much under the watchful eye of whoever.
“Turn that music down, kids! Some of us are trying to sleep up here!”

Abraham Lincoln
Old 07-22-2018, 06:26 AM
Heir Presumptive

Is there anything new about Apartment 1 in Kensington Palace? I read somewhere that it's being renovated for HM to move in while BP is being redone. That would explain (to me at least) why the Gloucesters allegedly move out - more than making room for Harry & Meghan.

Closed Thread

Tags
highgrove, prince harry, prince william, residences