The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-05-2018, 07:50 PM
Super Moderator

The rumor about the Great Tew Estate might be true, but at this point the media have floated so, so many ridiculous and ultimately inaccurate rumors as if they were verified facts that I'm very skeptical--especially about something like where the Sussexes are going to live.

And I especially don't believe the York Cottage rumor--which was also presented as a verified fact, so that makes all the other so-called facts look even less likely.

Old 06-05-2018, 08:24 PM
Majesty

of all the rumors the Great Tew one makes the most sense - somewhere to go out of London that is not permanent and with people they know in the area.

If York House was going to happen it would take 12-18 months if not longer to move current offices out and bring it up to scratch.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 06-05-2018, 08:37 PM
Imperial Majesty

Do they really need to rent a country home? They have Nott Cott for while they are in London...if they have been staying in the country already (and I'd find it hard to believe they haven't been) then maybe they already have things sorted out..we just don't know about it.

LaRae
Old 06-05-2018, 09:02 PM
Courtier

How about this one - your thoughts?

https://search.savills.com/property-...bswrssus170148
Old 06-05-2018, 09:02 PM
Heir Apparent

The part that makes it seem unlikely is the supposed expense for security. I do not see how they could justify that.
Old 06-05-2018, 09:41 PM
Majesty

That is the problem. If people have a problem with PPO's imagine picking up the outrageous cost of that sort of high security. Harry is no fool, he knows his options are limited because of who he is and he also knows any foolish idea of a swanky home in a swanky rural neighbourhood is just that, foolish.

I think even the PPO's were shocked to find out how many of Meghan's neighbours knew about Harry and resisted the urge to tell the world. He really did get lucky but he is not one to push his luck.
Old 06-05-2018, 11:11 PM
Serene Highness

Well the grounds and EXTERIOR are nice.
Old 06-08-2018, 05:28 PM
Majesty

The DM says they honeymooned in Canada and more on their new home

The Royal moos! Harry and Meghan find a country bolthole for weekend escapes away | Daily Mail Online
Old 06-08-2018, 05:31 PM
Imperial Majesty

Yeah cause we all know how accurate the DM is.....NOT.

LaRae
Old 06-08-2018, 05:37 PM
Heir Presumptive

Considering the Costwolds are a touristy place as far as I know, I doubt they would ever more there
Old 06-16-2018, 05:55 PM
Royal Highness

Is it "Beggars Lodge" -

Luxury new-build house dubbed Beggars Lodge could be the royals' new home | Daily Mail Online

Every article I've read has mentioned the Beckams just up the road and Soho Farmhouse just a short distance in the other direction.

Google Earth shows these locations and nearby Beaconsfield Farm, (the "Roman Villa") of reports last year and earlier this year.

Various articles keep coming back to this small area of Great Tew.

And as Meghan has a strong connection with the Soho group, a big drawcard for her maybe.

Meghan at the opening of Soho House in Istanbul - before she was so well-known -

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/i...P2e4LU_vW6sdBg

Meghan at Soho Farmhouse, just down the road from the location of "Beggars Lodge" -

https://spectator.imgix.net/content/...op&w=820&h=550

Director of Soho House attending Harry and Meghan's wedding -

http://www4.pictures.livingly.com/gi...mAyXwqtRtl.jpg

And it's a small world.

While it's reported that either Markus Anderson or Misha Nonoo did the Harry/Meghan introduction, Ms Nonoo has spent time with Beatrice and Eugenie, and both York princesses have been enjoyed the Soho experience.

https://www.townandcountrymag.com/so...ry-matchmaker/
Old 06-16-2018, 06:12 PM
Majesty

Yes, it looks as if this particular bit of the Cotswolds is in favour for Harry and Meghan. I must say I'm surprised, but maybe Sandringham plus KP are a bit TOO close to the Cambridges and the rest of the family. It's a lovely part of the countryside, that's for sure. Wonder whether the couple will rent or whether it will be bought.
Old 06-16-2018, 06:35 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
Yes, it looks as if this particular bit of the Cotswolds is in favour for Harry and Meghan. I must say I'm surprised, but maybe Sandringham plus KP are a bit TOO close to the Cambridges and the rest of the family. It's a lovely part of the countryside, that's for sure. Wonder whether the couple will rent or whether it will be bought.

Yes Curryong, I've seen reports that the area where William and Catherine live is only good for long walks across a flat landscape and for shooting.

This area offers a bit more of urban living - a creative crowd who are members of Soho Farmhouse, restaurants, cinema, reported sightings of Meghan doing pilates classes there etc.
Old 06-16-2018, 06:49 PM
Majesty

I actually come from north Norfolk and it does have its attractions, including lovely little market towns. I agree though that Meghan appears to be an urbanite rather than a country girl, and at this stage of his life anyway Harry is too. There is shooting near that estate. I believe it's near where the Middletons once hosted a Boxing Day shoot isn't it?
Old 06-16-2018, 06:52 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
I actually come from north Norfolk and it does have its attractions, including lovely little market towns. I agree though that Meghan appears to be an urbanite rather than a country girl, and at this stage of his life anyway Harry is too. There is shooting near that estate. I believe it's near where the Middletons once hosted a Boxing Day shoot isn't it?

Such a small world Curryong.
Old 06-16-2018, 08:32 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
About an hour away. The boxing day shoot the Middletons hosted was near their home in Reading, on an Yattendon estate which is in Thatcham (near Reading). Great Tew is up in Oxfordshire, near Chippy.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...iles-away.html
Old 06-17-2018, 02:40 AM
Serene Highness

I think the Cotswolds is also more polo country and the area where Harry’s friends are located. I never thought Norfolk was a serious option for the Sussexes.
Old 06-17-2018, 08:00 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleQ2 View Post
I think the Cotswolds is also more polo country and the area where Harry’s friends are located. I never thought Norfolk was a serious option for the Sussexes.
I agree, especially given that Meghan loves the Cotswolds. It also makes sense to me (whether it's true we'll find out) that Harry and Meghan will get a spanking new house built to order. Meghan has given up a great deal, I think her having a home that fits her sensibilities makes good sense. JMO.
Old 06-17-2018, 08:01 PM
Heir Apparent

I'm not familiar with the landscape of the UK. But can someone please tell me how far Cotswolds is from London?
Old 06-17-2018, 08:18 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
I'm not familiar with the landscape of the UK. But can someone please tell me how far Cotswolds is from London?
Depends on what part of the Cotswolds you are talking about. Its a large region. Its second only to the Lake District in size, and while mainly in Oxfordshire in Gloucestershire (where Anne and Charles live), it is also in parts of Wiltshire, Sommerset, Worchestershire and Warwickshire.

The part of the Cotswolds in question is in Oxfordshire. Near the town of Chippy (Chipping Norton). The estate is just north east of Chippy, between it and Banbury. Its about hour and 40 minutes north west of London.

Its about an hour north east of Highgrove. and an 1 hour 20 minutes from Windsor Castle (2h45 from Sandringham).

Closed Thread

Tags
highgrove, prince harry, prince william, residences