The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2018, 11:59 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I don't really see any indication that Meghan prefers the lights and hustle and bustle of city life. She seems to be the type of person that would make the most out of wherever it was that she lived. She camped with Harry, they went away to a secluded little cabin for the Northern Lights, they refer to Nott Cott as "our cottage" so I really don't think that Meghan would need something humongous and grand to be happy. Wherever Harry is would be home.

Old 05-08-2018, 12:15 AM
Imperial Majesty

The 'cottage' works when they are a young childless couple. They may not need a massive estate, but they will need something reasonably large. If they have kids, and a nanny that comes with that, you are looking at least four bedrooms, more if they want guests.

As for the countryside we don't really know. There is a big difference between spending a week at a cottage or seeing the Northern lights, or living in the country side. They enjoyed a few days seeing the northern lights, not a sign they could see being that remote.

There is also many different types of 'nature' in the UK.The lake district might be more appealing then Norfolk. May shock us, and Scotland is more appealing. Depends on where they see themselves enjoying more time away. They may think since they will spend plenty of time at Sandringham at Christmas, and Balmoral when they want, they may want their own get away some where else.

Old 05-08-2018, 02:14 AM
Majesty

Richard Palmer on his Twitter page having an interesting discussion with Marlene Koenig (writer/author on Royals) and others ref Harry's future home. He says the article on Apartment 1 is speculative and the story about the Gloucesters has been denied by KP, but then says that it is his understanding that Clarence House has been earmarked for Harry, presumably when Charles and Camilla go to BP.

https://mobile.twitter.com/RoyalRepo...7Ctwgr%5Etweet
Old 05-08-2018, 02:43 AM
Imperial Majesty

All I know is that space will be needed when those babies start arriving. Nott-Cottage is just a small starter home.

The Gloucesters could move to a smaller house and give Harry and Meghan some space. I just think the couple would want to be where their official office is.

A.W. TOZER
Old 05-08-2018, 08:06 AM
Courtier

Saw this article on Hello Magazine regarding Harry and Meghan's possible new apartment at Kensington. (or move to new apartment at least :) )

https://www.hellomagazine.com/royalt...ger-apartment/
Old 05-08-2018, 08:11 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
All I know is that space will be needed when those babies start arriving. Nott-Cottage is just a small starter home.

The Gloucesters could move to a smaller house and give Harry and Meghan some space. I just think the couple would want to be where their official office is.

I kinda expect them to be moved by the end of the year. I don't think they are going to wait 2 or 3 years to start having children...and no one wants to move while pregnant.

LaRae

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
Richard Palmer on his Twitter page having an interesting discussion with Marlene Koenig (writer/author on Royals) and others ref Harry's future home. He says the article on Apartment 1 is speculative and the story about the Gloucesters has been denied by KP, but then says that it is his understanding that Clarence House has been earmarked for Harry, presumably when Charles and Camilla go to BP.

https://mobile.twitter.com/RoyalRepo...7Ctwgr%5Etweet

From what I understand Clarence House would need some updates before a family with children moved into it. So....

LaRae
Old 05-08-2018, 09:14 AM
Majesty

I think whatever apartment Harry moves into that’ll be it. It makes zero sense to renovate KP and then in a few years or so move to CH

If anyone was going to move it’s the Cambridges but they are staying put in 1a even when William is heir.
Old 05-08-2018, 09:20 AM
Imperial Majesty

It sounds like 1a is a very nice apartment...no reason for them to move either.

LaRae
Old 05-08-2018, 12:54 PM
Heir Apparent

This - arguably the most beautiful Manor House in the Cotswold's, and [incidentally] where Evelyn Waugh wrote 'Brideshead Revisited'.

8 bedroom house for sale in Stinchcombe, Dursley, Gloucestershire, GL11, GL11
Old 05-08-2018, 01:18 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyevale View Post
This - arguably the most beautiful Manor House in the Cotswold's, and [incidentally] where Evelyn Waugh wrote 'Brideshead Revisited'.

This property is simply stunning!! Good find wyevale! This type (or this property) of property would be wonderful for Harry and Meghan. And IMO the updates to this house are just right, not to modern that it loses it's old world charm. I'd buy it, of course I'd have to win the lottery first.
Old 05-08-2018, 01:24 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:

That's a really beautiful house. Something like this would give Meghan and Harry a place of sanctuary to escape to from all the madness.
Old 05-08-2018, 01:26 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
That's a really beautiful house. Something like this would give Meghan and Harry a place of sanctuary to escape to from all the madness.
8 million pounds...that's quite a sticker price.

LaRae
Old 05-08-2018, 01:27 PM
Imperial Majesty

My goodness..I just saw all the pics of this house...the floors are simply gorgeous! The kitchen is lovely! I need to win the lottery!! LOL

LaRae
Old 05-08-2018, 01:29 PM
Heir Apparent

^

Actually it's 'only' £3.000,000....
Old 05-08-2018, 01:31 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
^

Actually it's 'only' £3.000,000....
Oh only 3..well write the check!!!!

LOVE this though...my favorite one that has been suggested for them yet. I can't get over the charm in that house. The quality of work inside..they've done a great job at keeping it up.

ETA: wyevale where is this in location to Sandringham? How far?

LaRae
Old 05-08-2018, 01:34 PM
Courtier

A steal at 3/8 the price!
Old 05-08-2018, 01:37 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Oh only 3..well write the check!!!!

LOVE this though...my favorite one that has been suggested for them yet. I can't get over the charm in that house. The quality of work inside..they've done a great job at keeping it up.

ETA: wyevale where is this in location to Sandringham? How far?

LaRae
Quite far. Its in Gloucestershire, so much closer to Wales then Sandringham. According to google maps, about 3 1/2 hours away. It is close to Cardiff and Bristol.

It is near his childhood country home, Highgrove. Its about 17 minutes from Tetbury where Highgrove is, and 23 minutes from Gatcombe. Its about the same distance from London, as Sandringham would be.
Old 05-08-2018, 01:37 PM
Heir Apparent

^ Nearly 200 Miles...
Old 05-08-2018, 01:42 PM
Imperial Majesty

Ah so close to Zara and Mike then. Hmmmmm ok well if they don't go with Sandringham this would be an excellent option!

Honestly 200 miles isn't that bad. I travel 2 hours to visit friends (we live rural) several times a year.

They won't be going there every weekend anyway I'd say...and if google is right they are just over 2 hours to London.

LaRae
Old 05-09-2018, 12:48 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Ah so close to Zara and Mike then. Hmmmmm ok well if they don't go with Sandringham this would be an excellent option!

Honestly 200 miles isn't that bad. I travel 2 hours to visit friends (we live rural) several times a year.

They won't be going there every weekend anyway I'd say...and if google is right they are just over 2 hours to London.

LaRae
Its also close to friends. And to where Harry often plays polo. Close to Zara and Peter and their kids. Its definitely a good choice for many reasons, if someone like Charles decides to buy them a home, and not one on one of the estates. Or Charles bought a few properties near Highgrove years back.

Harry and William live close and work together in London. I don't think it is necessary for them to have a country home close together. If Harry wants to great, but may not appeal. He can always visit them at Sandringham anyways.

Be interesting to see where they end up, both London and the country.

Closed Thread

Tags
highgrove, prince harry, prince william, residences