The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-15-2018, 10:12 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I have no credible or logical basis for my opinion but for some reason, Harry, Meghan and Frogmore resonate with me.
Frogmore on the exterior is impressive. I love it! But Pranter brings up a good point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
I think it would be absolutely romantic if they got to live at Frogmore. I'm just not sure if that's even possible seeing as how they do tours there and/or rent the grounds/building out etc. The style inside doesn't seem to be very Meghan/Harry...the renovation would probably be massive. LaRae
Good point. I think Meghan will need a home that is more flexible, able to embrace two cultural ways of living. Not that there is all that much of a difference between Britain and the US (especially at the wealthy end) but antique buildings might not be her cup-of-tea. Then again, maybe they are. She did visit Britain. Maybe she is in love with old aristocratic buildings. Still, I have a wager with myself hoping they will do something unique.

Old 03-15-2018, 10:26 PM
Imperial Majesty

I think one of the modernized manors we've seen suggested is more to their style. I love old things but even for me, the decor, from what I've seen in Frogmore pics, is a bit much.

If possible, it just makes more sense to give them an existing house where W&K have an estate or a plot of land there to build whatever they want on the estate.

LaRae

Old 03-15-2018, 10:58 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I think one of the modernized manors we've seen suggested is more to their style. I love old things but even for me, the decor, from what I've seen in Frogmore pics, is a bit much.
For sure. That's the thing. It might be what Harry is used to? Still he may want something more up-to-date. It's likely what William and Kate achieved at KP is impressive enough to convince that an acceptable renovation could be done, but some things cannot change with these old properties.

Quote:
If possible, it just makes more sense to give them an existing house where W&K have an estate or a plot of land there to build whatever they want on the estate. LaRae
Do you think they'd want to be that close in proximity to William and Kate? Not that I think they won't get along, just the idea of forging one's own familial center. Though when it comes to that I do wonder if they will live part of the year out of the country. If the latter happens then it wouldn't matter how close their residences are.

What would be interesting would be if they had a generous KP apartment (many think this is more likely), and then had a house elsewhere (in another country). That would be an interesting curve ball methinks.
Old 03-16-2018, 08:51 AM
Imperial Majesty

It seems like I heard Harry's apartments at KP had gotten an update and were modernish in how the decor is? Harry doesn't seem like a 1800's wallpaper type of guy <G>

The estate W&K are on it's pretty massive, I think they could easily live on the same property but not be right next door so to speak. They will be fairly close at KP already. We'll see how they handle the need for more room there too.

I think even with a larger place at KP they will still have a country house somewhere.

LaRae
Old 03-16-2018, 09:04 AM
Majesty

Quote:
It seems like I heard Harry's apartments at KP had gotten an update and were modernish in how the decor is? Harry doesn't seem like a 1800's wallpaper type of guy <G>

The estate W&K are on it's pretty massive, I think they could easily live on the same property but not be right next door so to speak. They will be fairly close at KP already. We'll see how they handle the need for more room there too.

I think even with a larger place at KP they will still have a country house somewhere.

LaRae
I thought that the room they did their engagement interview was in Nott Cott and it certainly showed signs of a peaceful decor in white or cream. Definitely nothing like the formal rooms in KP, CH or BP.
Old 03-16-2018, 09:30 AM
Heir Apparent

Harry and Meghan will need a more commodious London base, regardless of any country house they may get.

I thought Wren House might be a possibility?

I know the Kents have it now, but perhaps in the future?
Old 03-16-2018, 09:34 AM
Heir Apparent

I still think they will move into Apartment 1. It has been under renovations since last summer. I know the Gloucesters live there now but they made it no secret they would move to something smaller since it is just them. Makes the most sense.
Old 03-16-2018, 10:15 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
I thought that the room they did their engagement interview was in Nott Cott and it certainly showed signs of a peaceful decor in white or cream. Definitely nothing like the formal rooms in KP, CH or BP.
I've heard that and I've heard it was elsewhere at KP so not sure.

LaRae
Old 03-16-2018, 10:43 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACO View Post
I still think they will move into Apartment 1. It has been under renovations since last summer. I know the Gloucesters live there now but they made it no secret they would move to something smaller since it is just them. Makes the most sense.
I believe the same. Quite likely there are many rooms in Apt 1 that are never used now that their three children are grown. As long as the Gloucesters are comfortably housed in a new apartment, I can see Harry and Meghan moving into Apt. 1. It's one of KP's largest apartments so there would be room for a family.
Old 03-16-2018, 07:20 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
I don't think it was filmed in Nott Cott. The word came out in 2016 that Harry had his place painted in a shade of pink. Pink and grays was the color scheme that he picked out.

https://www.townandcountrymag.com/so...terior-design/
Old 03-16-2018, 07:37 PM
Majesty

I think they’ll live somewhere in KP. He already has a base there and shares offices with William and Catherine.
Old 03-16-2018, 07:51 PM
Imperial Majesty

I'm tending to agree with you Rudolph. They have things pretty well set up at KP as far as offices and places to hold their events at right within the palace grounds.

I wouldn't be surprised if Harry and Meghan opted out to just stay at cozy Nottingham Cottage at least until their family really starts to grow. From what I understand, Nott Cott would be big enough to hold a family of three.
Old 03-17-2018, 03:02 AM
Heir Apparent

William and Kate stayed in Nott Cott until she was pregnant, IIRC. I imagine the same will occur for Harry and Meghan. That cottage is way too small for growing family. But I still think Apartment 1 will be their new home.
Old 03-17-2018, 03:13 AM
Imperial Majesty

Nott cottage was William and Kate's London base, but not permanent home. Until 2013, they were still living in Wales when William was a pilot. Nott cottage was their equivalent of the small apartments Edward and Andrew have in London. At the time work was being done on two homes for them, their KP apartment and Amner hall.

Harry and Meghan will have the one home. Even if there is no baby right away, there is more need for them to have a permanent space.

I still don't see Apartment 1 as likely. As they will have 2 problems to solve, the other being where to put the current residents. Its not like a normal tenant you can give notice to, it's the queen's cousin. All we have to go by that they may consider, is Princess Michael, and she said the same thing about William and Kate and that proved false. She seems less willing to give up her own home for the couple.
Old 03-17-2018, 04:26 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I don't think it was filmed in Nott Cott. The word came out in 2016 that Harry had his place painted in a shade of pink. Pink and grays was the color scheme that he picked out.

https://www.townandcountrymag.com/so...terior-design/
Hmm . . . Since Meghan arrived I can just imagine her impression. "Pink! Really? I wonder if he knows they tried using pink in jails to calm the prisoners? Pity it caused so many psychotic breaks. Thank heavens he's spent so much time travelling . .

Ah, Honey, are you really attached to this colour scheme?" "You can change it if you like sweetie . . . ". "Phew, dodged that one! 🤗"
Old 03-17-2018, 04:37 AM
Imperial Majesty

Then again, from what we know now, as this article was dated in September, 2016, it actually could have been Meghan, herself, that helped Harry pick out that color scheme.
Old 03-17-2018, 04:53 AM
Majesty

True. But not half as much fun as letting your imagination fly. 😁
Old 03-17-2018, 05:08 AM
Imperial Majesty

Along those lines, I can just imagine what Meghan's reaction was the very first time she ventured into Harry's closet and saw the ever present blue suits. It was perhaps at this moment she decided to stick around even more because the man definitely needed help in the clothing department.

One other thing I would imagine that will be a must when considering residences is that it will have to be dog friendly.
Old 04-02-2018, 06:58 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLLK View Post
I believe the same. Quite likely there are many rooms in Apt 1 that are never used now that their three children are grown. As long as the Gloucesters are comfortably housed in a new apartment, I can see Harry and Meghan moving into Apt. 1. It's one of KP's largest apartments so there would be room for a family.
How many rooms does Apt 1 have? I read that 1A has 50 rooms and 1 has 20 rooms
Old 04-02-2018, 07:14 PM
Majesty

Is it awful to hope their permanent home is around Windsor and that KP becomes 's their pied--terre? While William and Harry work together on their foundation I think the idea of the two couples living that close would have a negative effect on both couples.

William and Catherine are well established in every way, whereas Harry and Meghan have a whole new life to begin. Doing it on their own is a much better idea than having input from close family. Lines get crossed that shouldn't.

Harry and Meghan really do need for their marriage to be and grow "organically", and to create a life that is uniquely their own.

Tags
highgrove, prince harry, prince william, residences