The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-26-2017, 05:37 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyevale View Post
I've looked Castlewood House up too, and it's FAR from pretty.. I hope we can do better than that !

Hmmm. That's too bad. For security reasons, KH and QN never let photos be taken of it when they lived there so I never knew what it looked like.

Old 11-26-2017, 06:03 PM
Serene Highness

I think an apartment at Kensington Palace or St James' Palace is the most likely options. I can imagine that Harry would want a country house outside London too but they would still need a London-base.

Old 11-28-2017, 11:03 AM
Royal Highness

Speculation about a country home for Harry and Meghan
Luckington manor could be Meghan and Harry's country home | Daily Mail Online
Old 11-28-2017, 11:08 AM
Imperial Majesty

If that's true...lovely home!

LaRae
Old 11-28-2017, 11:32 AM
Administrator

I think for the time being Harry and Meghan will be happy to live in their cottage in Kensington as it seems they have spent a lot of time there living a cosy life.

Eventually they may indeed want a home in the country too, but seeing how the couple are together it's going to have to be very much a "their" place with the location needing to have some meaning to them.
Old 11-28-2017, 11:36 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdm View Post
Speculation about a country home for Harry and Meghan
Luckington manor could be Meghan and Harry's country home | Daily Mail Online
I'm gung-ho for the Cotswolds. The place needs up-grading but would be lovely once mended. I hope so. Given that I suspect they will be having children asap (look to early 2019), those beautifully green rolling lawns will be well-used. JMO.
Old 11-28-2017, 12:32 PM
Nobility

I’m sure they’ll stay at KP for their London base but as far as a country home, what were the places around Windsor that were mentioned? They mentioned Windsor being special to them when they announced the venue.
Old 11-29-2017, 07:24 AM
Majesty

Windsor isn't really countryside, though I'm sure Harry took Meghan to stay at Windsor Castle and to look at Eton (from the outside.) It's quite near London actually, and if Harry/Meghan really wanted a rural retreat, not really suitable.
Old 11-29-2017, 03:17 PM
Heir Apparent

FROGMORE!!!!! So love it!
Old 11-29-2017, 03:24 PM
Imperial Majesty

Well I mean if one had to settle for an estate I suppose Frogmore would do ....

LOL

LaRae
Old 11-29-2017, 03:25 PM
Imperial Majesty

Is Fort Belvedere still owned by the BRF?

ETA: Yep and currently leased out.

LaRae
Old 11-29-2017, 03:26 PM
Courtier

Wouldn't it be lovely if they were offered Osborne? Sadly that's no longer possible as it's not a part of the Crown Estate anymore I believe. But one can dream.

Fort Belvedere should have a royal resident again but the comparisons between Meghan and Wallis are probably best avoided!
Old 11-29-2017, 03:31 PM
Imperial Majesty

I know...that's why I didn't pick Windsor (although I think it would be wonderful for the title to be in use) as a option.

Osborne is an English Heritage property (or however they are called)

Mey Castle (lovely place )is now a B&B I think. ...

LaRae
Old 11-29-2017, 03:33 PM
Courtier

I always found it strange the way that Osborne was so quickly dropped after Victoria's death. I know that Edward VII was never fond of it but it's a very beautiful place nonetheless.

I think Frogmore would be perfect for the couple - though the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh would have to find a new home for their possessions being stored there from the Royal Yacht!
Old 11-29-2017, 03:35 PM
Imperial Majesty

Frogmore might not be rural enough...and it looks like a rather big place to have to deal with.

LaRae
Old 11-29-2017, 03:48 PM
Courtier

Frogmore ... that might be a Grade I-listed headache. I think they would be limited to living on the upper floors.

Galen Weston is firmly ensconced at Fort Belvedere and has done many improvements there. He's also very involved in the local polo scene around there and stables horses in a neighboring area.

Adelaide Cottage would be lovely. I think a retired member of HM's household is there, not sure.

Garden House is, IMO, too difficult to secure, given its location so near a public road. Forest Lodge, which isn't too far from the Garden House, has undergone structural improvements and might be a candidate. Securing it wouldn't be too hard and it's of a pedigree and size befitting an eventual King's second son. It was briefly considered for Fergie when she was looking for accommodation, but it didn't work out.

edit: Scratch Adelaide Cottage. I forgot about its very close proximity to a big road.
Old 11-29-2017, 04:33 PM
Serene Highness

I read somewhere yesterday in reference to Harry and Meghan (I think on Twitter) that the "Pride and Prejudice" house had gone off the market so they possibly could have bought that. It was just speculation, but what house would this tweet have been referring to? Also, is there anyplace to go online and look at possible houses they could buy? We are already planning her dress and tiara, so I say let's plan their house purchase too.
Old 11-29-2017, 04:34 PM
Courtier

That would be Luckington Court in the Cotswolds. If they have purchased it, it would need a fair amount spent on it from the photographs I have seen of the interiors. Its very dated and has been vacant for a while I believe.
Old 11-29-2017, 04:36 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss whirley View Post
Well, Harry already owns a pair of blue suede shoes. This plan may have been in the works for awhile.

http://l450v.alamy.com/450v/k0yma4/p...ows-k0yma4.jpg
I have loved those shoes since the first time I saw them.
Old 11-29-2017, 04:37 PM
Heir Presumptive

It doesn't make sense to me that they would have been buying a property already tbh. Not when they're still with only the two of them. The cottage on the grounds of Kensington Palace will do just fine for now.

Closed Thread

Tags
highgrove, prince harry, prince william, residences