Future Home for Prince Harry

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another consideration in favor of Apt 1 is Harry possibly taking more of a leadership role in the Commonwealth. If so, is it possible that Harry and Meghan may need more formal entertaining space for visiting dignitaries?

Perhaps they plan to just use the palace state rooms?
That seems the locale for most of the events that occur at KP, rather than private quarters.

No new information regarding a possible house looks like. :sad: I am so curious where they will choose to have their main house: London or in the country (I'm rooting for the Cotswolds). They are doing so much right now I'm sure it's not front-and-center just yet, though if Meghan gets pregnant by the end of 2018 I could see her wanting that element decided. :flowers:

Another consideration in favor of Apt 1 is Harry possibly taking more of a leadership role in the Commonwealth. If so, is it possible that Harry and Meghan may need more formal entertaining space for visiting dignitaries?

Harry could and would continue to host events where he does now. The apartments that belonged to Diana were converted to work space for their foundation. There are 2 large reception rooms for use of hosting for the foundation. There are also the state rooms of the palace available for such.

The palace has a high level of security. Privacy and security for the kids in any part of the palace would not be a concern.

There is also the much higher expense of renovating two different apartments. Harry and Meghan are not going to just move into the Gloucester apartments the way they are. There would need to be re-worked. And then accommodation would need to be prepared for the Duke and Duchess. The queen isn't about to dump her cousins on the street for Harry.

I notice Princess Michael is quick to suggest the Gloucesters move. I don't see her offering her own apartments up to anyone. :whistling:

I do think we will see London being Harry's home base, and 4b (possibly combined with the apartment next to it) is the most likely. And a second home on one of the royal estates.

I still find it unlikely we will see a new country home purchased for them by Charles or the queen which would have to happen for the Cotswalds or such. Harry isn't about to spend his trust on a house, as that is the money he lives off of (interest from trusts/investments). If they choose to have a primary home in the country, and a small apartment in London (like Edward, Andrew and Anne) then I see them possibly leasing from the crown, in Windsor. Or if Charles does buy them a home, it would be as this, their primary home. If they choose this option, there is no need for the money and time to go into a larger KP residence.

I notice Princess Michael is quick to suggest the Gloucesters move. I don't see her offering her own apartments up to anyone.

Since the Michaels are the only royals paying rent they’d be the last ones to leave. I can just imagine the headlines.

I think Meghan will want a country house/home, especially for children. JMO. Pure speculation. :flowers: In this I think it makes sense that she will want a place where she can most clearly demarcate her's and Harry's family life (which will have American earmarks) as distinct from the Royals. Harry may have similar feelings along this line. Just a hunch. We shall see, of course, and I am so curious. The curve ball (the unknown) is just how close the Cambridges and Sussexes become (and by extension the Middletons in the mix).

I have no credible or logical basis for my opinion but for some reason, Harry, Meghan and Frogmore resonate with me.

I think it would be absolutely romantic if they got to live at Frogmore. I'm just not sure if that's even possible seeing as how they do tours there and/or rent the grounds/building out etc.

The style inside doesn't seem to be very Meghan/Harry...the renovation would probably be massive.

LaRae

I have no credible or logical basis for my opinion but for some reason, Harry, Meghan and Frogmore resonate with me.

Frogmore on the exterior is impressive. I love it! :flowers: But Pranter brings up a good point.

I think it would be absolutely romantic if they got to live at Frogmore. I'm just not sure if that's even possible seeing as how they do tours there and/or rent the grounds/building out etc. The style inside doesn't seem to be very Meghan/Harry...the renovation would probably be massive. LaRae

Good point. :flowers: I think Meghan will need a home that is more flexible, able to embrace two cultural ways of living. Not that there is all that much of a difference between Britain and the US (especially at the wealthy end) but antique buildings might not be her cup-of-tea. Then again, maybe they are. She did visit Britain. Maybe she is in love with old aristocratic buildings. Still, I have a wager with myself hoping they will do something unique.

I think one of the modernized manors we've seen suggested is more to their style. I love old things but even for me, the decor, from what I've seen in Frogmore pics, is a bit much.

If possible, it just makes more sense to give them an existing house where W&K have an estate or a plot of land there to build whatever they want on the estate.

LaRae

I think one of the modernized manors we've seen suggested is more to their style. I love old things but even for me, the decor, from what I've seen in Frogmore pics, is a bit much.

For sure. :ermm: That's the thing. It might be what Harry is used to? Still he may want something more up-to-date. It's likely what William and Kate achieved at KP is impressive enough to convince that an acceptable renovation could be done, but some things cannot change with these old properties.

If possible, it just makes more sense to give them an existing house where W&K have an estate or a plot of land there to build whatever they want on the estate. LaRae

Do you think they'd want to be that close in proximity to William and Kate? :huh: Not that I think they won't get along, just the idea of forging one's own familial center. Though when it comes to that I do wonder if they will live part of the year out of the country. If the latter happens then it wouldn't matter how close their residences are.

What would be interesting would be if they had a generous KP apartment (many think this is more likely), and then had a house elsewhere (in another country). That would be an interesting curve ball methinks. :flowers:

It seems like I heard Harry's apartments at KP had gotten an update and were modernish in how the decor is? Harry doesn't seem like a 1800's wallpaper type of guy <G>

The estate W&K are on it's pretty massive, I think they could easily live on the same property but not be right next door so to speak. They will be fairly close at KP already. We'll see how they handle the need for more room there too.

I think even with a larger place at KP they will still have a country house somewhere.

LaRae

It seems like I heard Harry's apartments at KP had gotten an update and were modernish in how the decor is? Harry doesn't seem like a 1800's wallpaper type of guy <G>

The estate W&K are on it's pretty massive, I think they could easily live on the same property but not be right next door so to speak. They will be fairly close at KP already. We'll see how they handle the need for more room there too.

I think even with a larger place at KP they will still have a country house somewhere.

LaRae
I thought that the room they did their engagement interview was in Nott Cott and it certainly showed signs of a peaceful decor in white or cream. Definitely nothing like the formal rooms in KP, CH or BP.

Harry and Meghan will need a more commodious London base, regardless of any country house they may get.

I thought Wren House might be a possibility?

I know the Kents have it now, but perhaps in the future?

I still think they will move into Apartment 1. It has been under renovations since last summer. I know the Gloucesters live there now but they made it no secret they would move to something smaller since it is just them. Makes the most sense.

I thought that the room they did their engagement interview was in Nott Cott and it certainly showed signs of a peaceful decor in white or cream. Definitely nothing like the formal rooms in KP, CH or BP.

I've heard that and I've heard it was elsewhere at KP so not sure.

LaRae

I still think they will move into Apartment 1. It has been under renovations since last summer. I know the Gloucesters live there now but they made it no secret they would move to something smaller since it is just them. Makes the most sense.

I believe the same. Quite likely there are many rooms in Apt 1 that are never used now that their three children are grown. As long as the Gloucesters are comfortably housed in a new apartment, I can see Harry and Meghan moving into Apt. 1. It's one of KP's largest apartments so there would be room for a family.

I don't think it was filmed in Nott Cott. The word came out in 2016 that Harry had his place painted in a shade of pink. Pink and grays was the color scheme that he picked out.

https://www.townandcountrymag.com/society/tradition/news/a8031/prince-harry-pink-interior-design/

I think they’ll live somewhere in KP. He already has a base there and shares offices with William and Catherine.

I'm tending to agree with you Rudolph. They have things pretty well set up at KP as far as offices and places to hold their events at right within the palace grounds.

I wouldn't be surprised if Harry and Meghan opted out to just stay at cozy Nottingham Cottage at least until their family really starts to grow. From what I understand, Nott Cott would be big enough to hold a family of three.

William and Kate stayed in Nott Cott until she was pregnant, IIRC. I imagine the same will occur for Harry and Meghan. That cottage is way too small for growing family. But I still think Apartment 1 will be their new home.

Nott cottage was William and Kate's London base, but not permanent home. Until 2013, they were still living in Wales when William was a pilot. Nott cottage was their equivalent of the small apartments Edward and Andrew have in London. At the time work was being done on two homes for them, their KP apartment and Amner hall.

Harry and Meghan will have the one home. Even if there is no baby right away, there is more need for them to have a permanent space.

I still don't see Apartment 1 as likely. As they will have 2 problems to solve, the other being where to put the current residents. Its not like a normal tenant you can give notice to, it's the queen's cousin. All we have to go by that they may consider, is Princess Michael, and she said the same thing about William and Kate and that proved false. She seems less willing to give up her own home for the couple.

I don't think it was filmed in Nott Cott. The word came out in 2016 that Harry had his place painted in a shade of pink. Pink and grays was the color scheme that he picked out.

https://www.townandcountrymag.com/society/tradition/news/a8031/prince-harry-pink-interior-design/
Hmm . . . Since Meghan arrived I can just imagine her impression. "Pink! Really? [emoji33] I wonder if he knows they tried using pink in jails to calm the prisoners? Pity it caused so many psychotic breaks. Thank heavens he's spent so much time travelling . . [emoji3]

Ah, Honey, are you really attached to this colour scheme?" "You can change it if you like sweetie . . . ". "Phew, dodged that one! ?"

Then again, from what we know now, as this article was dated in September, 2016, it actually could have been Meghan, herself, that helped Harry pick out that color scheme. ;)

True. But not half as much fun as letting your imagination fly. ?

Along those lines, I can just imagine what Meghan's reaction was the very first time she ventured into Harry's closet and saw the ever present blue suits. It was perhaps at this moment she decided to stick around even more because the man definitely needed help in the clothing department. :lol:

One other thing I would imagine that will be a must when considering residences is that it will have to be dog friendly. :D

I believe the same. Quite likely there are many rooms in Apt 1 that are never used now that their three children are grown. As long as the Gloucesters are comfortably housed in a new apartment, I can see Harry and Meghan moving into Apt. 1. It's one of KP's largest apartments so there would be room for a family.

How many rooms does Apt 1 have? I read that 1A has 50 rooms and 1 has 20 rooms

Is it awful to hope their permanent home is around Windsor and that KP becomes 's their pied-à-terre? While William and Harry work together on their foundation I think the idea of the two couples living that close would have a negative effect on both couples.

William and Catherine are well established in every way, whereas Harry and Meghan have a whole new life to begin. Doing it on their own is a much better idea than having input from close family. Lines get crossed that shouldn't.

Harry and Meghan really do need for their marriage to be and grow "organically", and to create a life that is uniquely their own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom