Future Home for Prince Harry

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would gladly love to walk through the doors of Frogmore and take up residence there on one condition. I don't have to clean it. I'm the proverbian Anti-Martha. (Martha Stewart) :lol:

I remember Prince Andrew and Sarah decided against moving into Frogmore.

I believe that there are strict limits as to what can be moved, added or changed regarding the building, which might make it undesirable for young people who are used to mod cons -- walk-in showers and the like.

I remember Prince Andrew and Sarah decided against moving into Frogmore.

I believe that there are strict limits as to what can be moved, added or changed regarding the building, which might make it undesirable for young people who are used to mod cons -- walk-in showers and the like.

Frogmore House has the highest level of building protection - it is Grade I listed.

You are allowed to make changes but in order to do so you have to have detailed plans and you have to gain consent. Although Frogmore is managed by Crown Estates (and maintenance is the responsibility of the Queen), consent would still be needed from the local Planning Authority.

The problem with the example of walk in showers is ensuring that the bathroom floor (a few centuries old) is completely sealed (I'm trying to do this with my itsy bitsy bathroom and its a pain) because underneath are v expensive, high quality masterpiece ceilings. Some renovations have been done in recent years costing over £2.5m.

I think the issue is that the age and scale of the rooms limits what could be done. IT isn't a cosy house but it is v beautiful.

It looks absolutely lovely. However Harry doesn't have any links to Nottinghamshire, so far as we know.

I really feel that Harry will settle down either in Norfolk, where he and his brother have friends and relatives; near Highgrove, preferably on Duchy land so a deal can be made on the property, or as a very long long shot, Cornwall where he reputedly has friends and enjoys sailing.

Cornwall has magnificent wild scenery. It's quite a way from London though and I don't think it's in the running. But then, IMO, neither is the above house.

Last edited:
:previous: Agreed.

If he has a country home, especially if one off of a royal property, it will be somewhere with a draw for him. The two obvious places would either be Norfolk or near High Grove. I still lean towards near High Grove honestly. I think he and Meghan would simply stay at the main house or wood farm in years to come when visiting Sandringham as do now. There is no link to Nottingham other then them having done their first event there together.

I still don't know if we will see them with a big country home. It stands to be seen how big their home in London is (wont be in Notts forever). If they have a massive London home, making it their main base, I wouldn't be expecting a massive country place. Maybe something found on one of the estates.

I do think they need to be situated on Crown or Duchy of Cornwall property if they opt for a house outside London. They need the built-in protection. They can't be exposed in some perfectly pretty rural property that is vulnerable to things like new high-voltage wire lines or impromptu traveller campsites or the like. They also might not get the use of Royal Collection pieces if they are on some bit of private rural land.

What they need to do is lease a Crown or Duchy property. If they don't like the Berkshire/Surrey area, they can come to an arrangement with a Highgrove property. That way, they have less worries about privacy and protection, and they can furnish their country house with furniture and other ephemera that belongs to the Crown.

Something like that would definitely be an option I would think. However, I can't see the couple doing anything until after the wedding and until Meghan has a bit of a chance to look around and see what part of England she likes best.

I do think they need to be situated on Crown or Duchy of Cornwall property if they opt for a house outside London. They need the built-in protection. They can't be exposed in some perfectly pretty rural property that is vulnerable to things like new high-voltage wire lines or impromptu traveller campsites or the like. They also might not get the use of Royal Collection pieces if they are on some bit of private rural land.

What they need to do is lease a Crown or Duchy property. If they don't like the Berkshire/Surrey area, they can come to an arrangement with a Highgrove property. That way, they have less worries about privacy and protection, and they can furnish their country house with furniture and other ephemera that belongs to the Crown.

I would think as long as the home is secure, which it would have to be, they would be allowed the use of family pieces.

But yes for practical sense, a crown property or Cornwall property is far more practical. Honestly think where and which depends on their London home. If they plan on a major apartment in London, I wouldn't think they would have a large property outside of London. Likely a smaller country home. Something in the duchy of Cornwall would probably suit them size and security wise. The homes available at Windsor seem larger, and the ones at Sandringham would need to be converted back to single homes. If they opt like Edward and Sophie to have their main home in the country, then that opens more doors. A larger home at Windsor would be great, as it would be close to good schools the royals often attend, as well as London and other events.

I would think as long as the home is secure, which it would have to be, they would be allowed the use of family pieces.

But yes for practical sense, a crown property or Cornwall property is far more practical. Honestly think where and which depends on their London home. If they plan on a major apartment in London, I wouldn't think they would have a large property outside of London. Likely a smaller country home. Something in the duchy of Cornwall would probably suit them size and security wise. The homes available at Windsor seem larger, and the ones at Sandringham would need to be converted back to single homes. If they opt like Edward and Sophie to have their main home in the country, then that opens more doors. A larger home at Windsor would be great, as it would be close to good schools the royals often attend, as well as London and other events.

You know what might suit them --- a barn conversion. The Crown must own a nice old barn somewhere, a big timbered thing or a stout Norfolk brick-and-flint structure that is ready to do Royal duty.

You know what might suit them --- a barn conversion. The Crown must own a nice old barn somewhere, a big timbered thing or a stout Norfolk brick-and-flint structure that is ready to do Royal duty.
Funny you should suggest that as the property linked by tommy100 states that it is a "Victorian Barn conversion" - pretty fancy looking barn if that be true IMO!

hmm, maybe they could move in with Uncle Ed & Auntie Sophie
Home Farm Farmhouse, Bagshot Park | Windsor Great Park
It seems the Farmhouse at Bagshot is up for rent from the Windsor Great Park Website.
PRICE: £4,250 PCM

FURNISHING: Unfurnished

BEDROOMS: 5

Something like that would definitely be an option I would think. However, I can't see the couple doing anything until after the wedding and until Meghan has a bit of a chance to look around and see what part of England she likes best.

Not only that, but things are apt to change before much longer.
Living accommodations will change with them.

Harry and Meghan may as well wait a bit before making any major decisions which might prove short-term.

Somehow I think that his home will come via the royal estate as Andrew, Edward and William's have. Old houses and apartments in KP fare better in the long run from being used as homes rather than storage areas and offices.

As was shown with Apt 1A, while used as a storage area it was never deemed important to remove asbestos or keep wiring updated, therefore the cost of bringing it up to standard while keeping within the boundaries of listed buildings, cost a fortune.

:previous: I agree! And as long as the Economy holds, I think the BRF can sell the UK on the investments needed to make the properties safe and habitable. In small bites.
We clearly need an asbestos and lead removal, bad wiring and poor plumbing fairy these days.

hmm, maybe they could move in with Uncle Ed & Auntie Sophie
Home Farm Farmhouse, Bagshot Park | Windsor Great Park
It seems the Farmhouse at Bagshot is up for rent from the Windsor Great Park Website.
PRICE: £4,250 PCM

FURNISHING: Unfurnished

BEDROOMS: 5
I can see this suiting Harry and Meghan very well, but it could be that the reason for it being advertised for rent now is that has already been rejected by H & M

I suspect that too, I doubt they would advertise it if there was any suggestion M&H were interested, but you never know!

To clarify, is Harry currently living in Nottingham Cottage or moving there when married?

Home Farm is lovely but would Harry really want to live on his aunt and uncle’s estate? I’m sure there are plenty of other options out there.

Currently, he’s been there since William and Kate moved out.

Meghan is also in residence now with Harry at Nottingham Cottage. I imagine they plan on staying there after the wedding and will not move out until a larger apartment or a country home has been settled on.

Meghan is also in residence now with Harry at Nottingham Cottage. I imagine they plan on staying there after the wedding and will not move out until a larger apartment or a country home has been settled on.

Yes, I know. They said so in the engagement announcement. I was answering the question about Harry.

Actually, I just added onto your information for Royal Blue. I'd not seen him/her around the threads in a while and figured if asking about if Harry still lived there, most likely didn't know Meghan also was living there. :D

All of the reasons set forth in previous posts regarding why the Gloucesters would not be moving are compelling — and yet I still cannot rule out Apartment 1 completely, despite the readily available (and empty) Apartment 4B.

One reason for that is the need for outdoor space for Harry and Meghan’s children, which Apt 1 has and 4B does not seem to have. It looks like 4B might have access to the Prince of Wales Court (Google Kensington Palace Floorplan to see the court or Google Satellite View), but I would assume that other surrounding staff apartments do as well. Does anyone know if 4B has a garden? I also wonder if the security concerns for the children might necessitate a private outdoor space if Harry and Meghan are based in London.

Another consideration in favor of Apt 1 is Harry possibly taking more of a leadership role in the Commonwealth. If so, is it possible that Harry and Meghan may need more formal entertaining space for visiting dignitaries?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom