Current/Future Residences of Beatrice and Eugenie

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
yep - you will note that Edward moved into Bagshot in 1997 - he married in 1999. So really couldn't be wedding gift. Bagshot came up for offer after the Royal army Chaplains vacate it in the 1990's. The Queen Mother and Diana, Princess of Wales even viewed it at one time.

There was a change in the mood of the people between Andrew marriage and 1999. Also considering that Sunningdale was sold off and such. The long lease arrangement might have been seen as better then the Queen purchasing a home.

We actually do not know if the Queen Mother set up a trust for her grandkids. If it has been confirmed people correct me. I was told that everything was left to the Queen.

I think the main thing about Edward and Bagshot Park is that, due to the years he's lived there, he's obviously happy with the arrangement and that's what matters. I'm sure if there had been reason that he wished to move and be elsewhere, the Queen would have done what she can to make it happen. Andrew is happy now at Royal Lodge and Anne has stuck with Gatcombe Park so there's no beef in regard to their residences.

The point is she hasn't. Harry? No. Zara? No. Peter? No. So why would she suddenly start with Beatrice and Eugenie when none of the others got one?

There is no saying the queen won't do up trust funds for her grandchildren. But emphasis on your own word 'when she passed'. Her estate is another matter.

I know it's far-fetched that she would buy houses for her grandchildren now but I was talking about the Queen's decision to gift her grandchildren properties would be affected by their proximity to the line of the throne or the number of engagements they do which I had a problem with.

I know it's far-fetched that she would buy houses for her grandchildren now but I was talking about the Queen's decision to gift her grandchildren properties would be affected by their proximity to the line of the throne or the number of engagements they do which I had a problem with.

Well she didn't buy a house for ANY of her grandkids, not even Harry and William. So not sure you can be bothered, as she has treated them equally. The closest is William being given the use of Amner but it belongs to the Sandringham estate, its not a purchased property for them.

I think the main thing about Edward and Bagshot Park is that, due to the years he's lived there, he's obviously happy with the arrangement and that's what matters. I'm sure if there had been reason that he wished to move and be elsewhere, the Queen would have done what she can to make it happen. Andrew is happy now at Royal Lodge and Anne has stuck with Gatcombe Park so there's no beef in regard to their residences.

Indeed, despite their differences in homes, they all seem quite happy with their country residences as they are. Anne's has become not only a happy home for her, but for her grown children and grandchildren.

Well she didn't buy a house for ANY of her grandkids, not even Harry and William. So not sure you can be bothered, as she has treated them equally. The closest is William being given the use of Amner but it belongs to the Sandringham estate, its not a purchased property for them.

Again we are on the same page here am saying that the fact she didn't buy houses for Peter and Zara her eldest grandchildren when they married that it is indicative that she wouldn't do it to the rest of her grandchildren, not the fact she didn't buy a house for William who does many public engagement and is the future king.

When you sit back and think about William and Anmer Hall, it would be senseless for the Queen to "gift" the residence to William. As things stand, in due time, William will not only inherit Anmer Hall but also the entire Sandringham estate as King. :D

When you sit back and think about William and Anmer Hall, it would be senseless for the Queen to "gift" the residence to William. As things stand, in due time, William will not only inherit Anmer Hall but also the entire Sandringham estate as King. :D

yes but as far as I can remember the point that was at issue was a poster saying that she flet the queen should buy a house for Edo and Beatrice.. in London. She hasn't done that for any of her grandchildren.
William got a house on Sand Estate but he is a working royal and will eventaully inherit the royal properties. Harry got Frogmore, again, he was a working royal and needed a country base... The other grandchildren didn't get anything....

Last edited:
i wonder if now that eugenie and jack are settled in frogmore cottage the queen will enable a residence for beatrice and edo. from the sounds of it, she did so with harry and meghan and with eugenie and jack when they were expecting their first children, so maybe we have to wait a bit longer to find out.

i wonder if now that eugenie and jack are settled in frogmore cottage the queen will enable a residence for beatrice and edo. from the sounds of it, she did so with harry and meghan and with eugenie and jack when they were expecting their first children, so maybe we have to wait a bit longer to find out.

Is it definite that they have moved or is this just speculation?
She isn't going to provide homes for all her grandchildren.. William has a house on the Sandringham estate. Harry was given this house for his wedding present. if he does not want to use it, possibly the queen will agree to an arrangement for Eug and Jack to take it on.. They are not the richest of royals and hte house is standing empty so she may decide to agree to let it go to them.... But she's not obliged to help all her grandchildren...

Last edited:

I don’t think so, it seems like this is more of an arrangement worked out between H&M and E&J with the Queen since Frogmore was sitting empty anyway. It wasn’t “gifted” to the couple in that sense.

There are reports that the Queen wasn't consulted before hand about the new arrangement with Frogmore so (if true and maybe that is a big IF) we can't assume that it in anyway suggests anything about HM's intentions for anyone else.

I've always had the impression that for her grandchildren HM has relied on them having enough of a trust Fund (from either the Queen Mum, HM herself or their parents or a mix of all three) to look after themselves. Currently the only exceptions are William (as future King 100% understandable) and Harry who IMO got a great initial deal by being allowed to use Frogmore (a Crown property) for free - even Edward and Andrew didn't get that.

For the other grandchildren you have:

Peter - private homes at various points and now a property on Anne's estate
Zara - private homes at various points and now the secondary property on Anne's estate
that was used by her father before her
Bea - St James apartment apparently at "market" rate
Eug - Ivy Cottage at KP again apparently at "market rate" now Frogmore with a private
arrangement with Harry and Meghan who are paying rent

IMO The Queen has been consistent with all but William for understandable reasons. Once Harry became a "non-working" member of the family like the other grandchildren he was treated the same as the others.

I am sorry but the 'The queen had no idea' is one of those Rumors.

There is no way the queen, or her staff who would have told her, didn't know what was going on. Eugenie was moving out of a crown property into another one. People are going to notice. There would have also been the matter of the rent she was paying on Ivy. I highly doubt that no one mentioned it to the queen either.

While Harry and Meghan own the lease on Frogmore and its their to decide what to do, I don't see them or Eugenie doing this behind people's backs. Even if people think Harry doesn't care what the family think, Eugenie does.

More of just trying to stir up some drama on a slow news day.

Harry and Meghan it was pure timing. They were always going to be provided some home. As full time working royals they would have had some home provided for them (lease not ownership). It just happened the cottage wasn't ready until around when Archie was coming.

The queen has no hand in providing Eugenie and Jack a home. Thats all Harry and Meghan. Her not vetoing the decission is not the same as enabling a residence for them.

Unless some other royal decides to vacate their home and rent it out to Beatrice, I don't see that happening.

Last edited:
I am sorry but the 'The queen had no idea' is one of those Rumors.

There is no way the queen, or her staff who would have told her, didn't know what was going on. Eugenie was moving out of a crown property into another one. People are going to notice. There would have also been the matter of the rent she was paying on Ivy. I highly doubt that no one mentioned it to the queen either.

While Harry and Meghan own the lease on Frogmore and its their to decide what to do, I don't see them or Eugenie doing this behind people's backs. Even if people think Harry doesn't care what the family think, Eugenie does.

More of just trying to stir up some drama on a slow news day

Harry and Meghan it was pure timing. They were always going to be provided some home. As full time working royals they would have had some home provided for them (lease not ownership). It just happened the cottage wasn't ready until around when Archie was coming.

The queen has no hand in providing Eugenie and Jack a home. Thats all Harry and Meghan. Her not vetoing the decission is not the same as enabling a residence for them.

Unless some other royal decides to vacate their home and rent it out to Beatrice, I don't see that happening.

Indeed and members have forgotten perhaps that Edo is a property developer in London so that he is well situated to provide his own housing

Indeed and members have forgotten perhaps that Edo is a property developer in London so that he is well situated to provide his own housing

Yes. Both in connections as a developer, but also just in plain funds to purchase one. His company Banda is valued at like $700 million. Yes while that is company assets, he is said to be a multi millionaire himself.

He definitely has an eye for detail. And an interest in unique spaces.

An article about his flat in 2016 (bachelor pad so not with Dara and Wolfie).

https://www.houseandgarden.co.uk/gallery/small-modern-one-bedroom-victorian-flat

Both in business and his personal spaces (the article mentions his home before that has been a night club conversion) he likes converting properties like bakeries and breweries into homes. It would be interesting to see what he might come up with for the two of them.

I wonder if he is already working on something. I don't see him being someone who would want to just move into someone else's plan. I think he would want to customize something for them, and their family. May be why they are still in her apartment for the moment.

Back
Top Bottom