Wales Residences: Kensington Palace, Adelaide Cottage & Anmer Hall

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It would be nice for the Cambridges to host Christmas dinner next year, for the whole family in Anmer :)

Any news on whether they have moved into Anmer yet?

Its my understanding that they (and the Middletons) spent the Christmas holidays at Anmer.

It was the press that stated they would be 'moving into' Anmer Hall while a spokesperson for the palace said the Cambridges would be commuting back and forth between London and Norfolk, much like other royals with multiple residences.

Kensington Palace is and will remain their primary residence

It was the press that stated they would be 'moving into' Anmer Hall while a spokesperson for the palace said the Cambridges would be commuting back and forth between London and Norfolk, much like other royals with multiple residences.

Kensington Palace is and will remain their primary residence

I agree. Most people in that social sphere have a place in the country and a London base. For Kate and William, a London base is really a necessity, even though they might like country life better.

Hardly a point to get excited about. Just a local trying to get his 3 minutes of fame.

I think this fellow is perfectly entitled to get excited about this and I think it is unfair to dismiss him as "just a local trying to get his 3 minutes of fame". I don't think he's after fame at all. He refurbished it 20 or so years ago and endeavoured to maintain ts historical integrity. It's a big thing for him and other locals, and quite reasonably so, in my opinion. Just because what he's concerned about is not something of national significance does not mean it is not important and that his views are not worthy of respect.

Textiles don't really hold up well in the weather over time. The UV from the sun will degrade the fabric. When it brought down, maybe it was too damaged to go back on the weathervane.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

I think this fellow is perfectly entitled to get excited about this and I think it is unfair to dismiss him as "just a local trying to get his 3 minutes of fame". I don't think he's after fame at all. He refurbished it 20 or so years ago and endeavoured to maintain ts historical integrity. It's a big thing for him and other locals, and quite reasonably so, in my opinion. Just because what he's concerned about is not something of national significance does not mean it is not important and that his views are not worthy of respect.

I think the context is important. I suspect the English flag / Cross of St George's was removed because it was probably deemed inappropriate for the future King of the UK to be displaying a flag representing only 1 part of the UK. We are not that far along from the last Scottish referendum. The Union does not look that strong at the moment. If a tenant was using Anmer, displaying the English flag would be immaterial, when the future King is the occupant, a more nuanced view has to be taken, IMO.

Textiles don't really hold up well in the weather over time. The UV from the sun will degrade the fabric. When it brought down, maybe it was too damaged to go back on the weathervane.

The flag part of the weathervane is apparently made of metal (you are right of course about fabrics though!). Here is a link to a Daily Mail article containing a photograph, apparently of the weathervane in question. I am not sure where at Anmer Hall it is located as it doesn't seem to be on the roof of the main house.

weathervane | Daily Mail Online

Last edited:
I basically think that BP was correctly right when they stated, “Anmer Hall is a private residence and I cannot make any comment.”

We really don't know why the weather vane was taken down, perhaps it didn't look right with the new tiles, or was damaged during the roof repair, or maybe they didn't like it. Notice that he was asked to keep its originality by the previous owner, not the new owner. Perhaps the new owner decided that he didn't care for it.

It's their home, last time I checked its not on the Historic home registry or anything like that, or an eyesore to their neighbors.....are we now telling the royals what they can do with their private homes:ermm:

I wish people would stop complaining about what the Cambridge's are doing with THEIR house.

are we now telling the royals what they can do with their private homes
ermm.gif.pagespeed.ce.o6roisRloj.gif

Clearly the Daily Heil consider we OWN them in every conceivable manner.. Rational people, however don't !

Headlines like this are designed as click bait. It allows readers to leave the usual "Who do they think they are?" comments.

Reports of moles causing damage to the grounds of Anmer Hall while the Duke and Duchess have been away on Mustique.

(But wouldn't the gardeners just sort that out, whether the house was occupied or not?)

Reports of moles causing damage to the grounds of Anmer Hall while the Duke and Duchess have been away on Mustique.

(But wouldn't the gardeners just sort that out, whether the house was occupied or not?)

:ROFLMAO: Oh that's given me the biggest laugh I've had all day. While the Cambridges are away, the moles will play! *snort!*

I think Owen Newitt from "The Vicar of Dibley" had a surefire solution for moles that involved a shovel. Or was that badgers? Either way I'm now having enormous fun envisaging William rushing around with a shovel.

:ROFLMAO: Oh that's given me the biggest laugh I've had all day. While the Cambridges are away, the moles will play! *snort!*

I think Owen Newitt from "The Vicar of Dibley" had a surefire solution for moles that involved a shovel. Or was that badgers? Either way I'm now having enormous fun envisaging William rushing around with a shovel.

The perils of country life eh Roslyn.

Poor moles, a shovel sounds rather harsh.

(Reported to be damaging the lawn, so at least not the veggie patch if C still gardens.)

The perils of country life eh Roslyn.

Poor moles, a shovel sounds rather harsh.

(Reported to be damaging the lawn, so at least not the veggie patch if C still gardens.)

Yes, I don't recommend Owen's method of controlling moles. They seem rather sweet to me. I wish I only had moles to contend with at my place instead of the Eastern Brown Snakes, and those rather nasty, very large and aggressive bulldog ants that inflict a very painful bite that hurts for days.

I await more news on the Anmer moles.

Yes, I don't recommend Owen's method of controlling moles. They seem rather sweet to me. I wish I only had moles to contend with at my place instead of the Eastern Brown Snakes, and those rather nasty, very large and aggressive bulldog ants that inflict a very painful bite that hurts for days.

I await more news on the Anmer moles.

It's the "Wind in the Willows" effect I think - that's our only knowledge of moles.

February is funnel web season here in Sydney - a man almost died last week because he didn't shake out his clothes before putting them on.

(Would have died if he was smaller - a woman, or a child.)

Pity about the lawn, but there are worse experiences to be had from Nature.

The British version of whack-a-mole. Fun for all ages. :ROFLMAO:

Does the Daily Mail have a neighbor on the payroll for all of these roof tiles, weather vanes, now moles stories? What is next Lupo chasing a cat?

On a side note, I'm never going to Australia because it seems like everything there can kill you.

Does the Daily Mail have a neighbor on the payroll for all of these roof tiles, weather vanes, now moles stories? What is next Lupo chasing a cat?

On a side note, I'm never going to Australia because it seems like everything there can kill you.

I refuse to believe it without close up photos. :lol::lol::lol: I want Monday Mole Mail! (Daily Mail photos that it). ;)

No, not everything. And we don't have bears or cougars or any other carnivorous mammals.

But those Eastern Brown Snakes are right outside our front and back doors. And they are seriously dangerous snakes; the second or third deadliest in the world. And only this morning a man was killed by a shark at the beach a few miles from us. He was sitting on a surfboard and a shark bit off both his legs. It was a huge shark.

And then there are the spiders, some of which are huge and scary as hell even though these ones are perhaps not lethal. When I was a small child living on Sydney's North Shore a Sydney Funnel Web Spider chased me up the hall, and that's something you never forget.

There are no crocodiles this far south; you have to drive about eight hours north before you reach their territory, but when you're in their territory you don't want to lurk around the shoreline in the early morning or dusk. Or anytime, actually. And there's always the Ross River Fever from the mosquitoes. And we also have some rather unpleasant ticks.

But Australia is a great place for a holiday. :D

However I, too, am waiting for Mole Mail.

Last edited:
I think I will take my chances in N. America with the bears and its other carnivores. They aren't usually waiting outside the door to kill me ?

No, not everything. And we don't have bears or cougars or any other carnivorous mammals.

But those Eastern Brown Snakes are right outside our front and back doors. And they are seriously dangerous snakes; the second or third deadliest in the world. And only this morning a man was killed by a shark at the beach a few miles from us. He was sitting on a surfboard and a shark bit off both his legs. It was a huge shark.

And then there are the spiders, some of which are huge and scary as hell even though these ones are perhaps not lethal. When I was a small child living on Sydney's North Shore a Sydney Funnel Web Spider chased me up the hall, and that's something you never forget.

There are no crocodiles this far south; you have to drive about eight hours north before you reach their territory, but when you're in their territory you don't want to lurk around the shoreline in the early morning or dusk. Or anytime, actually. And there's always the Ross River Fever from the mosquitoes. And we also have some rather unpleasant ticks.

But Australia is a great place for a holiday. :D

However I, too, am waiting for Mole Mail.
You forgot to mention the deadly jellies.

Back
Top Bottom