Wales Residences: Kensington Palace, Adelaide Cottage & Anmer Hall

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hollie said:
If the article is true, William and Kate will only get the house in 2017 at the earliest. What is the point of this royal source leak? :ermm:

Maybe HM worked out a deal. Circumstances change. Remember apt 1A at KP wasn't 'available' either until negotiations were worked put.

Asbestos can really get loose in a fire. I survived the Los Alamos fire of 2000. About 435 housing units (houses, condos) were burned completely, many others damaged and flooded in the aftermath. All the older housing from the WWII period had much asbestos. The town was unlivable for a sensitive person for two years. Getting rid of it at KP is a good idea, even if long-winded and expensive. I hope they refurbish it will all non-toxic materials, and I expect they will. Should be paradise.

If the article is true, William and Kate will only get the house in 2017 at the earliest. What is the point of this royal source leak? :ermm:

Slow news weeks...there have been similar reports about houses on the Sandringham and Balmoral estates for years with regard to William.

Prince William and Kate Middleton to be given a rural home fit for a Royal family - Telegraph

Queen has 'earmarked' country house on Sandringham estate for William and Kate | Mail Online
The Queen is to gift one of her most charming properties to the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge as they prepare to welcome their first child.

She is reportedly making plans to hand over Anmer Hall, in Norfolk, to the royal couple.
The late Georgian country house sits in the grounds of the Sandringham estate and is just two miles east of the Queen's Sandringham House.

Last edited:

I think it is part of the DM's actions to force W&C to publish new pics - they simply continue to write articles that make a lot of readers envious and nasty, hoping to force the Royals to do their bidding in order to stop this negative publicity.

Most likely the Cambridges will have a country home. It could be a gift, rented or bought by the couple.

The Queen is the 'Boss' And if she wants the couple to have this country home , then its a fait accompli

The Queen is the 'Boss' And if she want the couple to have this country home , then its a fait accompli

That's true but from what I've gathered looking around the internet, this home has been a residence of a family with a business (Norfolk Oak) and has also at one time been a bed and breakfast which it no longer is.

Perhaps HM does want to gift the home to the Cambridges, but I would think she'd be considerate enough to let those that are using the place now have ample time to relocate and make other arrangements. We'll see what happens.

IMO the Queen wouldn't have announced it , if she was not prepared to give the home as a gift to the Cambridges.
The current occupants will just have to find a new place to live.

Last edited:
:previous:
Not until 2017.
Even the Queen can't break the lease agreement. Not without breaking the law too at least.

^^^^^ The people living there can voluntarily move on their volition. The Queen would not have made the announcement in Jan 2013 if there are no plans to move in until 2017 IMO

Kataryn said:
Oh, these sources... Who knows, maybe the house is earmarked for Harry? Because when you consider HM's age (she'll be around 90 in 2017), chances are that W&C don't need their own property at all...

Given Prince Charles' age, it makes perfect sense for HM to gift a home to William who will be raising his family over the next 20 years.

^^^^^ The people living there can voluntarily move on their volition. The Queen would not have made the announcement in Jan 2013 if there are no plans to move in until 2017 IMO
Only no announcement was made. Just a speculation on the part of DM and other newspapers.

Last edited:
:previous:
Not until 2017.
Even the Queen can't break the lease agreement. Not without breaking the law too at least.

Agreed - though maybe the Everett's are wanting or willing to give it up. In any case it has not been announced by the queen - rather leaked. It is beautiful!

If this is true - I think it lends strength to the belief that the Sandringham at Christmas tradition will continue for the family.

Also - do read the Telegraph article - it speaks of the Van Cutsems having lived there. The writing is more coherent than the DM's bit, as well.

Last edited:
Given Prince Charles' age, it makes perfect sense for HM to gift a home to William who will be raising his family over the next 20 years.

It is not about how long Charles will live but the Queen. Once the Queen dies and Charles becomes King, William will become Duke of Cornwall with a large amount of properties and houses including Highgrove which isn't owned by Prince Charles himself but by the Duchy of Cornwall.

If I remember correctly, Telegraph (or was it DM :ermm:) reported around the time of William's 30th birthday that the Queen gave him a cottage on Sandringham as present. I wonder what happened to that "present". Or was the royal source wrong...again:whistling:

Update: I went to google. Anyway, it was DM, although Telegraph did have a story based on the DM article.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2163755/Thats-30th-birthday-gift-Queen-gives-William-cottage-Sandringham.html
The article was by Katie Nicholl, so I guess it cannot be trusted.

Last edited:
Now that Catherine is pregnant , it would make sense for HM to give the couple a larger and 'grand' home on the grounds of Sandringham.

The old cottage wasn't befitting of someone's of William's stature. Catherine and William are senior members of the BRF

Last edited:
Re the Telegraph article, it states that the story comes from " a source on the Sandringham Estate" and ends with A Buckingham Palace Spokesman saying that do not comment on private property matters" plus the fact the existing lease runs out in 2017.

This is pure speculation and therefore not worth very much except that has launched the hate brigade in comment sections.

I guess it is another of those non-stories picked up by Katie Nicholls when she recently drank some rounds at the local pub next to Sandringham with those estate workers - like the one about the spoilt movie evening. Wonder what else those drunkards working at Sandringham farm told her!

Due to security reasons, it's not easy for senior and high profile members of the royal family to find homes. I do think The Queen will be helpful on the Cambridges country home.

I think the main residence we will hear about for the Cambridges at this time will be Kensington Palace. Then later on I suspect we will hear about them looking for a country residence.

Last edited:
Looking at the photos of this apartment in Kensington, I immediately feel a twinge of envy, a twinge of sympathy, and something vicarious. I don't so much envy the spaciousness and the grandeur (although it does make me go "wow"), it's the excitement and wonder of the pregnancy and first baby and the ability to remodel and decorate this big place to suit them and their family. They don't even realize what's coming. I can just picture some playhouse or log cabin in that huge drawing room. I can see little vehicles pedaled around that marble floor. I hope they leave one cabinet in that kitchen open and that baby's own cabinet, filled with plastic plates, plastic foods, etc. It would be nice if Harry finds his soul mate fairly quickly, and the cousins could all grow up together, in relative peace and safety on the grounds, running from house to house, in and out all day long, like other kids do with their friends.

But then there's the sympathy. They can't remain in this place forever. I think children, and their parents, find a stability and a comfort in remaining in the same place their whole lives. Children don't like to move. We expect the Queen and Charles to have the longevity of the Queen Mother, but the fact is they themselves are elderly. We don't know what's coming and when it's coming. I don't think anyone wants to live in Buckingham Palace. Hopefully Will and Kate won't move in there until their kids are grown.

Due to security reasons, it's not easy for senior and high profile members of the royal family to find homes. I do think The Queen will be helpful on the Cambridges country home.

I think the main residence we will hear about for the Cambridges at this time will be Kensington Palace. Then later on I suspect we will hear about them looking for a country residence.

I don't think that a property on Sandringham Estate would be their own country place. It's too far from London. I think it would be somewhere for them to base themselves when staying there with their children.

I can't find it now but I read yesterday that William is looking for a country place in and around Hampshire or Berkshire. easy driving distance to London. this is exactly what Charles and Anne did when married with children.

Of course as the Cambridge's are low profile at the moment and there is no actual news or pictures, this could all be a work of fiction.

I don't think that a property on Sandringham Estate would be their own country place. It's too far from London. I think it would be somewhere for them to base themselves when staying there with their children.

I can't find it now but I read yesterday that William is looking for a country place in and around Hampshire or Berkshire. easy driving distance to London. this is exactly what Charles and Anne did when married with children.

Of course as the Cambridge's are low profile at the moment and there is no actual news or pictures, this could all be a work of fiction.
Maybe Gloucestershire as a country place?

Last edited:
Yeah I know, that's why I'm thinking their country estate would be a bit closer to London.

Back
Top Bottom