Wales Residences: Kensington Palace, Adelaide Cottage & Anmer Hall

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It was just reported on Good Morning America not sure how reliable they are but they said that William and Kate have decided to move into Kensington Palace to Princess Margaret's old apartments. They said they had toured them again recently and that is where they decided to make a new home. I guess we will have to wait and see. I personally think it is a great idea for them to have a house to themselves and not share with the in-law's LOL

I do think KP is a distinct possibility once they decide to have a more permanent base in London. I suspect this may wait until Wills leaves the SAR in a few years time.

My mother in law is telling me one news outlet reporting that it oficial they'll live at KP - anyone seen anything official?

My mother in law is telling me one news outlet reporting that it oficial they'll live at KP - anyone seen anything official?

Not yet. For the immediate future, they will congtinue to use Clarence House as their London base.

I didn't know quite how to feel when I first saw P Diana's ring on Kate's hand but as soon as the discussion of the couple's London home began, I hoped they would choose KP and specifically P Diana's apartments. If you read Paul Burrell's books (and others) Diana's KP residence had beautiful views, privacy and security (although she envied P Margaret's 'secret' entrance) and it's sad it's been stripped bare. I guess I just think it would be a lovely homage to P Diana if they could turn it into the happy family home she had always wanted it to be.

Wales also have live information. Do you have a name and photo will live in which house?

Wasn't that a question to them when they did the first interview??Where they are going to live?

Not yet. For the immediate future, they will congtinue to use Clarence House as their London base.

Excuse my question but I am always a bit confused with St. James Palace and Clarence House

As far as I get it Clarence house is the home of PoW and Camilla - St. James Palas was their home before - is the office of the PoW still in St. James Palace as it always is said - St. James Palace confirms, announces aso

Thanks for clarifying for me...

Married house...

Does anyone have a picture of the house that the Duke and Duchess are living in?

bethaliz6894 said:
Does anyone have a picture of the house that the Duke and Duchess are living in?

British media has agreed not to publish pictures or disclose it's location

Is that so private where they are living??I don't think it should be...we know where other royals are living...:cool:

Is that so private where they are living??I don't think it should be...we know where other royals are living...:cool:

I think a lot of it has to do with security as well as privacy.

We know they are living in Anglessey, which is a small area.

In all likelihood the house doesn't have a high fence around it and thus privacy is an issue but security would be the main one - if people don't know where they are living it is easier to keep it secure.

We know where other royals are living - behind high fences and often unable to see the actual house from the road all that easily because of either the fence or the foliage or both.

we know where other royals are living...:cool:

In massive palaces where only royalty have ever lived. Anglesey is an island where 'commoners' or ordinary people live. For them William and Catherine are the odd ones out in their surroundings. If it was known where they are living in this rural area, the press would be on it 24/7 and the people who live near or around W&C there lives would be turned upside down by this press instrusion. Keeping it a secret is best for security and for the lives of the other people living in Anglesey.

I don't know if this is the appropriate place to put it but according to this week's People double issue (I'll come back and post a link later) they said Kensington Palace is going under massive renovations and they believe that sooner or later the Duke and Duchess will make that their permanent residence. According to the article, it being his childhood home with Diana and having a lot of space (obviously) he has good memories of the palace. And it's supposed to be perfect for a "growing family" (quoting the article.)

Does anyone one see this as being the natural porgression for the Duke and Duchess after a time?

I read they will be living in Anglesey for the next two years. The location of their home has remained private for security reasons. It seems a nice remote place perfect for a newly married couple before commencing their royal duties as Duke and Duchess of Cambridge.

I do think they will move into KP in about 2 years assuming that the Queen is still with us (and I am sure that she will be).

If she has gone then I think they will make CH their London base and leave KP to Harry.

We've seen photos of the rental so I don't think it's all that private. Still I hope for their sakes that they are left to be and their privacy respected.

We've seen photos of the rental so I don't think it's all that private. Still I hope for their sakes that they are left to be and their privacy respected.

Yea I thought a pre-wedding issue of People had pictures of the home they'd been renting in Wales, and assuming they don't plan on moving (which I wouldn't be surprised if they had) there are pictures of their current residence out there...unless People lied and that was just a picture of a random Welsh home hahahaha :flowers:

It would be cool to see what a similar house looks like.. just the layout and stuff... maybe a pic of someone else's house that has a similar build.

i was just wondering if it is a small abode or a major mansion? i was curious.

Definitely wouldn't be a mansion. The house that People pictured was a modest two-story white house with quite a bit of yard around it if my memory serves me. Even if they were showing something just to show something I'd venture to guess Wills and Kate are living in something similar.

(Edited for all my spelling mistakes hahaha)

I read somewhere (though can't remember where, but probably in one of the articles posted on here) that William and Catherine's house was a five-room cottage (or something along those lines).

I read somewhere (though can't remember where, but probably in one of the articles posted on here) that William and Catherine's house was a five-room cottage (or something along those lines).

Yep, I read the same thing. Five rooms....not bedrooms, so it's pretty small.

I saw soemwhere a photo too, but look like a boig house, if Ifound it i will poste it!

Don't know whether photos of their current house should be published, but I have seen such photos in the past. It's very ordinary.

If it truly is only 5 rooms (I assume 1 bedroom, 1 bathroom, 1 laundry, 1 kitchen and 1 living room - I would therefore assume that the WC is in the bathroom) it is very tiny and certainly wouldn't be the home that have been shown in photos allegedly of the farmhouse - which is two storeys and is clearly larger than 5 rooms).

That size would mean no visitors could stay over for very long or they couldn't really entertain more than a couple of people at a time.

LOL I was bored last night and did a search on houses in the town and it was very cute houses and some were very modern. Lots had a ton of land well not a ton buy 6-9 acres around them. I did see on 20/20 here that the house is 1500 sq feet the realtor said and he pointed to a area and said it is somewhere over there pointing to a area LOL no help! But they said the town people are very private and they keep the secret. I am sure the neighbors don't want the worlds press out front daily so no one is telling.
I also think they said it was 3-4 bedrooms well the realtor and who knows what he knows LOL. But it is 5 hours from her parents house by car so I would bet she has a extra bedroom for family or friends to stay over because I am sure it is lonely when William is gone.

i recently listened to something on cbc about william and catherine's home in angelsey. a cbc journalist went there hoping to find the house and not one of the locals would disclose where it was. the journalist took a chance on some information that she got prior to going to the island and drove down a road but only got so far. i'm so glad that they're able to have this privacy and live a normal life for the time being.

i recently listened to something on cbc about william and catherine's home in angelsey. a cbc journalist went there hoping to find the house and not one of the locals would disclose where it was. the journalist took a chance on some information that she got prior to going to the island and drove down a road but only got so far. i'm so glad that they're able to have this privacy and live a normal life for the time being.

Exactly, I'm glad about them having this amount of privacy too. Just leave them be, it's not like they will be this far off the radar forever.

Exactly, I'm glad about them having this amount of privacy too. Just leave them be, it's not like they will be this far off the radar forever.

I agree. The fact that they are off the radar for most of the time at the moment and we will not be constantly bombarded with news about them will make the occassional events/engagements they attend more exciting and kind of worth the wait.

Back
Top Bottom