Wales Residences: Kensington Palace, Adelaide Cottage & Anmer Hall

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
But no matter how many houses William and Catherine may acquire elsewhere, they still have to have a London base, and one with great security.

Which brings us right back to the four options:
Kensington Palace
Buckingham Palace
St. James Palace
Clarence House

I know William has apartments in Buckingham Palace (at least I thought I read he did), but I don't think he and Catherine would want to set up house in London in the same home his grandparents live in, even if said grandparents live in a palace. I would think they'd want their own home. Clarence House is where Charles and Camilla live I believe, so I don't think they'd live with his father and step-mother. That would leave Kensington and St. James.

I think I read somewhere that a house is being built somewhere on the Duchy of Cornwall Estate for William and Catherine.
I think Bolehyde Manor is way to big and grand for them! They would get alot of flak in the press if they bought Bolyhyde. But then again the Queen bought country homes for all of her children as wedding gifts.....Hmmm.:huh:

Charles has built some farm in Cornwall,that he has said was meant for William.

As long as William and Kate don't expect the tax payers to pay for the house, I see no reason for the media to complain about cost. If Andrew Parker-Bowles can own the manor house, I think the royals can afford it.

But considering it is the former home of Will's stepmother and her former husband, and is rumored to be the place where they carried out much of their affair, I have serious doubts. Even if it is where Charles also supposedly proposed.

Bolehyde Manor

Didn't Camilla used to live there, with her first husband?

Didn't Camilla used to live there, with her first husband?

Yes he bought it as their matrimonial home. It is reported Charles proposed to Diana there. But many have said Charles used to spend weekends there, when Andrew was away for work in London. So I don't really see it being a top choice for the couple, no matter how well Will and Camilla may get along now.

Yes she did!
It belongs to andrew parker bowles i think.

I think Kp would be the most logical place for both of them william and harry to live.
Separate apartments of course.

melissaadrian said:
Yes he bought it as their matrimonial home. It is reported Charles proposed to Diana there. But many have said Charles used to spend weekends there, when Andrew was away for work in London. So I don't really see it being a top choice for the couple, no matter how well Will and Camilla may get along now.

Weren't the Middleton's touring it? Maybe they're purchasing it for themselves? Would that estate be closer to their daughter and son in law in London then where they are now?

I know William has apartments in Buckingham Palace (at least I thought I read he did), but I don't think he and Catherine would want to set up house in London in the same home his grandparents live in, even if said grandparents live in a palace. I would think they'd want their own home. Clarence House is where Charles and Camilla live I believe, so I don't think they'd live with his father and step-mother. That would leave Kensington and St. James.
I don't think William has an apartment at Buckingham Palace. Beside The Queen and the Duke of Ed. the only other royals that live there are the Duke of York and the Earl of Wessex, Pr. Edward and Sophie. I believe the Princess Royal has an apartment somewhere in London, not in any of the palaces.
For William and Catherine it comes down to KP or St. James Palace. IMHO.
I'd put my money on KP.:flowers:

Last edited:
I don't think William has an apartment at Buckingham Palace. Beside The Queen and the Duke of Ed. the only other royals that live there are the Duke of York and the Earl of Wessex, Pr. Edward and Sophie. I believe the Princess Royal has an apartment somewhere in London, not in any of the palaces.
For William and Catherine it comes down to KP or St. James Palace. IMHO.
I'd put my money on KP.:flowers:

Anne as an apartment at ST James'

Weren't the Middleton's touring it? Maybe they're purchasing it for themselves? Would that estate be closer to their daughter and son in law in London then where they are now?

Bolehyde would be further away from London than where the Middleton's currently live.

I think I read somewhere that a house is being built somewhere on the Duchy of Cornwall Estate for William and Catherine.
I think Bolehyde Manor is way to big and grand for them! They would get alot of flak in the press if they bought Bolyhyde. But then again the Queen bought country homes for all of her children as wedding gifts.....Hmmm.:huh:

I know the Queen bought country homes for her children.I never heard she bought a home for Peter Phillips when he married. The Queen is always fair doing the same for one as she does for the others, so I do not think she will buy one for William.

1222 said:
I know the Queen bought country homes for her children.I never heard she bought a home for Peter Phillips when he married. The Queen is always fair doing the same for one as she does for the others, so I do not think she will buy one for William.

But I also believe Peter lived in Hong Kong after marrying so did he need a London home? I think Charles will get them a home eventually ....but for now they'll stay up near where they live now and use KP apartments for London base IMO

The Queen does not need to buy a house for William, if required, Charles (or in practice, the Duchy of Cornwall) will. For the next few years, William and Catherine will use the rented property in Wales as their principal home. Meanwhile, they will also get a home in London (possibly in KP) at some stage. When William leaves the SAR, and if Charles is still PoW, W&C may choose to get a larger place in the country as well. That may be:

a) a cottage on the Windsor estate;
b) something on the Highgrove estate;
c) the property recently renovated in Hereford by the Duchy (Harewood Park);
d) Frogmore, as recently rumoured; or
e) something completely unrelated.

Not that we are privy to the financial affairs of the Phillips children, but I doubt if HM specifically bought them homes. She may well have provided them with trust / other funds to make them independently wealthy. It was reported in the last 18 months or so that Zara and Mike had bought a property in Gloucestershire. If I am not mistaken, Peter & Autumn have access to a property on the Gatcombe estate.

Last edited:
Perhaps they will move into Harewood Park in Herefordshire.
Prince Charles bought this 900 acre estate some time ago with the purpose of making it a "green estate". Prince William shares his father's love of the environment etc.
Just a thought.
Frogmore house is not an option. IMHO.:flowers:

Perhaps they will move into Harewood Park in Herefordshire.
Prince Charles bought this 900 acre estate some time ago with the purpose of making it a "green estate". Prince William shares his father's love of the environment etc.
Just a thought.
Frogmore house is not an option. IMHO.:flowers:

Harewood is certainly a possibility. Why do you think Frogmore is not an option?

At Frogmore the interiors have been restored/preserved in their 19th century decor. I believe at one time it was the residence of the Duchess of Kent, Queen Victoria's mother.
The main reception rooms were restored to as she had them.
I think a lot of time, effort, and money went into making Frogmore a 19th century time capsule.
I just can't see it as a viable option for William and catherine.
Please correct me if i'm mistaken.

Last edited:
What about Anmer Hall on the Sandringham Estate...
It was the home of the Duke and Duchess of Kent until 1990, then they moved to Crocker End house.
I'm not sure who lives there now. One of the Van Cutsem's?
But it would be ideal, it's on the Sandringham estate, it's one of HM "Grace and Favor residences", William and Catherine love the country life and it looks to be a very cosy house, perfect for newlyweds! .:flowers:

Attachments

• anmer hall.jpg
    anmer hall.jpg
    184.6 KB · Views: 3,114
Last edited:
What about Anmer Hall on the Sandringham Estate...
It was the home of the Duke and Duchess of Kent until 1990, then they moved to Crocker End house.
I'm not sure who lives there now. One of the Van Cutsem's?
But it would be ideal, it's on the Sandringham estate, it's one of HM "Grace and Favor residences", William and Catherine love the country life and it looks to be a very cosy house, perfect for newlyweds! .:flowers:

There are a number of properties on the Sandringham estate that could potentially be used by the couple, but are unlikley to be their home, IMO. Sandringham is in a relatively remote location, north east of London, and quite a long way away from William and Catherine' friends and family. Windsor, Highgrove, Harewood, Kate's parents, Gatcombe and a lot of the "Highgrove" set live due west of London, in the M40 / M4 belt.

I remember reading that they'll be living in Wales while William finishes his service with the RAF. The papers did surmise on where they'd live afterwards but I can't remember where now.

It will be very interesting to follow them over the years!

I remember reading that they'll be living in Wales while William finishes his service with the RAF. The papers did surmise on where they'd live afterwards but I can't remember where now.

It will be very interesting to follow them over the years!

I think too it all depends on how soon William and Kate start a family. With 2 years left in Wales, its very possible that the family will have grown by the time his stint is up and that will be a major factor of where they choose to reside.

I wouldn't be the least surprised if they bought a place in Wales near where they are now as its been reported that they love their "bolthole" in Wales and generally are left alone to live a relatively normal life. In London, my bet will be on KP where William grew up. I do really think that raising children is going to be a big factor in wherever they do decide to live.

William and Catherine need a London base right away. Ir should be accessible to their offices. I think Kensington would be perfect. The reports I have read make it sound like a good place for children. They will always need a London base.

Prince William and Kate Middleton to live with Harry after the Royal Wedding | Mail Online

According the the DM - they will be starting out at Clarence House in the suite they currently share with Harry.

In time they will move elsewhere but for now - Clarence House it is.

Actually that will be nice if William is then created Duke of Clarence.

Please, not Duke of Clarence, this title brings bad memories of the past with it.
Kensington Palace I believe is not actually a palace but a kind of royal compound, very convenient for shopping too.

Please, not Duke of Clarence, this title brings bad memories of the past with it.
Kensington Palace I believe is not actually a palace but a kind of royal compound, very convenient for shopping too.

Kensington Palace is very definitely a palace with state rooms and the works.

It is just that over the last 200 or so years it has come to be associated with a place to put a lot of minor royals compared to BP which is the home of other royals - including the monarch.

KP used to have that role.

Kenneth Bordewick to decorate William and Kate's home in North Wales

Kenneth Bordewick' previous clients:
Prince Charles (the library at Clarence House)
Royal Family of Saudi Arabia (Palace in Marbella - Spain)
H.R.H. The Princess Bianca de Savoy of Italy
Mariah Carey
Michael Jackson
Jonas Brothers

Very eclectic, isn't he? :ermm:

Meet Prince William and Kate's Designer: Kenneth Bordewick - Globe Trotting - Curbed National

Blog da Hildegard Angel » Especial para esta coluna: o decorador de William & Kate!

Kenneth Bordewick Interior Designs - Beverly Hills, CA

Kenneth Bordewick's Beverly Hills Luxury Interiors

Back
Top Bottom