Buckingham Palace 1: Ending Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This year's Summer Exhibition at Buckingham Palace features "The Dress" !!

Open from July 23rd to October 3rd.

This year's Summer Exhibition at Buckingham Palace features "The Dress" !!

Open from July 23rd to October 3rd.

I was surprised to see that!

I had read that plans called for the dress to be displayed at Hampton Court, because the Royal School of Needlework is there and they did so much work on the dress.

:previous:
It's not at Buckingham Palace. I believe that photo was taken at Horse Guards during the review of the troops.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Picture Gallery during QV's reign and after QM's renovation.:flowers:

I did not realise what impeccable taste Queen Mary had, although of course I am familiar with some of her collections and the famous "doll house". She was a magnificent Queen Consort and she obviously had an artistic side to her as well. Brava, Queen Mary!:flowers:

Many royals have lived and visited Buckingham palace but where can I read about the palace ghost stories at Buckingham it has seen some deaths, births, engagements and marriages so I'm sure it has some history of possible ghosts as well as Hampton court and possibly Kensington .

The Queen's Bedroom.

Here are 2 photo's of the Queen's bedroom in Buckingham Palace.
They were taken during the reign of her father King George VI.:flowers:

Attachments

• ba-hi2_d-c-10.jpg
    ba-hi2_d-c-10.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 4,894
  • ba-hi2_d-c-12.jpg
    ba-hi2_d-c-12.jpg
    151.7 KB · Views: 779
Guest Bedroom Suite!

If you ever get to stay in BP you may get this suite!
This ia a sitting room for one of the guest suite's!:flowers:

Attachments

• c-1.jpg
    c-1.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 959
Ball Supper Room.

Rare photo of the ball Supper Room.:flowers:

Attachments

• 3-4.jpg
    3-4.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 2,526
Buckingham Palace Floor Plan.

Here is a detailed Floor plan of the Queen's suite in BP!:flowers:

Attachments

• Presentation3.jpg
    Presentation3.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 51,607
The Queen's Private sitting Room.

Here are two photo's of the Queen's private sitting room in BP.
The first one is from 1914,when is was Queen Mary's sitting room, the second from Queen Victoria's reign.
This is the bow room on the north side of the palace.

Attachments

• bpr1.jpg
    bpr1.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 35,219
  • bowroom.jpg
    bowroom.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 10,701
An exterior view of this room.

Attachments

• postcard.jpg
    postcard.jpg
    194.5 KB · Views: 89,517
Apologies if this is in the wrong place :sad:

I visited Buckingham Palace yesterday and it was amazing. It still feels rather surreal that I was there but if anyone is umming and ahhing about going, it is well worth it. I suppose my only complaint was that we couldn't take photos inside but the main things I definitely want to remember can be found online. Already planning our visit for next year as I want to see the diamond collection.

The individual exhibitions were absolutely fantastic.

We had assumed that we were going to be pretty much pushed around at a fast pace but got no sense of that (apart from perhaps in the Faberge exhibition) and could easily have spent longer there.

Has anyone have pictures of Yellow Drawing Room in BP? this room is on the south - east wing of the palace.I have only seen this pics :

HM The Queen's Christmas Message 2004:
queen2_wideweb__430x299.jpg

19th century view of the room:
919924.jpg

There's a small view of the room in "The Queen by Rolf" The Queen by Rolf (1/6) - YouTube

Last edited:
WOW! Thank You MagMil for posting this! I have a soft spot in my heart for BP, and I really enjoyed this program! Thanks again, and please share again!:flowers:

TortillaChips said:
I visited Buckingham Palace yesterday and it was amazing...
Aww your so lucky I have never visited a palace or even London but I really wish to do both soon it would be a great delight as a royal fan to be able to be inside of a palace and my first I want it to be Buckingham and maybe stay in a guest room to feel royal ;D

In which room does the Queen normally meet with the PM?

I was in London yesterday and made a detour to go past Buckingham Palace as I had never seen it in real life before. (I know, and I call myself a Royal fan?) The palace is beautiful, but you know what I was very shocked by? How small the balcony looks...When you see the entire family on it, many extended members also, on it for Trooping the Colour it looks HUGE...but in real life it looks so much smaller. My friends and I were all very shocked. I also noticed the different initials of some of the Monarchs who had lived there, noting V.R on one of the entrance pillars. What an amazing piece of history. I really wanted to visit inside but obviously that comes at a cost and I did not have time to do so. Maybe next time...

What I did notice were a lot of cars parked in the grounds, do they belong to staff members? I can't imagine they belong to the members of the family who have offices there, but I could be wrong. There was some "expensive" cars there.

MagMil said:
Courtesy to YouTube's account of MyDigitalRealm, I was watching a real nice video ( I think is from BBC)...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRdq2Ju5ApE&feature=feedu
Thx so much once I saw that there was a video on you tube about Buckingham palace I watched it right away and I love how I get to learn a little history of the palace, and on the channel they have holyrood house and Windsor castle and I love the series I totally recommend this to anyone wanting to see these places and learn their history ;)

Wait I just wonder with so many royals and the palace having a history I wonder if like the white house if Buckingham palace is haunted because I am sure royals were born here but also died.

Edward VII was born and died in BP. He is the only monarch that I can find that died there - Victoria died at Osborne and Georges V and VI at Sandringham. In face Edward so far is the only monarch actually born there - George V was born at Marlborough House, Edward VIII was born at White Lodge, Richmond Park, George VI at York Cottage at Sandringham and the present Queen at 7 1Bruton St in Mayfair. Charles, was also born at BP.

Of course others have been born there and presumably some of the staff etc have died there but interestingly only one monarch and no consorts.

Where do the Royals and their staff park their cars at Buckingham Palace? The Royal Mews?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom