The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-21-2017, 06:21 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Interesting -Royal Navy sailors to perform Changing the Guard at Buckingham Palace for the first time

Royal Navy sailors to perform Changing the*Guard*at Buckingham Palace for the first time*

Old 11-26-2017, 02:14 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Here's a video of The Royal Navy changes Buckingham Palace Guard for first time.

Old 11-26-2017, 02:23 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I'm sure this is a momentous day for the Royal Navy. Those that participated had to have had some really puffed out chests from being so proud to be part of history.

The Changing of the Guard at Buckingham Palace would definitely be among the top 10 things I'd want to see and do if I ever got the chance to visit London. I don't think there's an American that isn't aware of this traditional display of pomp and circumstance that has become a mainstay of the British monarchy. To illustrate this, for those of you outside of the US, this is a humorous take on this very old and very traditional event.

Old 11-26-2017, 02:27 PM
Royal Highness

An Ard Ri:
Thank you so very much for the video, I watched it 2 times and somehow must find a way to keep it here in my library. This is so amazing and the Navy must be very proud to have this opportunity to be on guard for HM. Just wish I could of been there to see it.
Old 11-26-2017, 02:30 PM
Imperial Majesty

Easy way to do that sis. Copy the link when viewing it on YouTube and then mail it to yourself in your email.

To view it on YouTube, just hit the square thing at the bottom of the video that begins to play in the thread. That's how I do it.
Old 11-26-2017, 02:40 PM
Royal Highness

Gads, not being of the scientific mind you want me to do what???????

I also think HM must be very proud of the Navy guarding Buckingham Palace for didn't Charles join the Navy, correct me if I am wrong Okay! I am one that is so pro military for if not for them then so many countries would be over run with the dreads of the middle ages.
Old 11-26-2017, 03:09 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by M. Payton View Post
Gads, not being of the scientific mind you want me to do what???????

I also think HM must be very proud of the Navy guarding Buckingham Palace for didn't Charles join the Navy, correct me if I am wrong Okay! I am one that is so pro military for if not for them then so many countries would be over run with the dreads of the middle ages.
The royal family indeed has a great history with the navy, the queen can be proud of. Philip served in the royal navy in WWII and they were stationed in Malta early in their marriage. Charles indeed served in the navy. After training and passing out with the RAF, he did his training with the navy and served. He was a trained naval helicopter pilot. Andrew of course spent his military career in the navy, he joined in 1978 and didn't retire until 2001 (23 years).

Its great to see the navy getting the chance to guard the queen

Great watching the video and seeing the honor given to the navy.
Old 11-30-2017, 01:24 AM
Imperial Majesty

Former Buckingham Palace butler reveals life behind the scenes and the moment he met the Queen

Former butler of Royal Family on life at Buckingham Palace | Daily Mail Online

Former Buckingham Palace butler reveals moment he met the Queen | Daily Mail Online

First look at Buckingham Palace Christmas Decorations

https://www.express.co.uk/news/royal...orations-trees
Old 12-13-2017, 06:34 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Here's a video of the Buckingham Palace Christmas Tree's!

Old 12-15-2017, 01:04 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

The Band of the Coldstream Guards play Christmas Carols during Changing the Guard at Buckingham Palace.

Old 01-19-2018, 05:58 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

This video shows some of the recent Rewiring work at Buckingham Palace

Old 02-28-2018, 12:05 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

The Changing the Guard in the snow today at Buckingham Palace!

Old 04-15-2018, 04:11 PM
Imperial Majesty

Rainforest projection on Buckingham Palace for The Queen's Commonwealth Canopy project (QCC), which seeks to preserve precious areas of forest for future generations

https://www.rexfeatures.com/livefeed...palace,_london

"Spotted in the Buckingham Palace Garden: a pair of Greylag Geese and their goslings enjoy the sunshine."

https://www.instagram.com/p/BjIB5YcA...theroyalfamily

This video shows how Point Cloud surveys are being used to help design changes on Buckingham Palace

Old 04-16-2018, 10:18 AM
Imperial Majesty

Oh how cool is that? I love that they do this with Buckingham Palace as it adds a bit of "ooomph" to the building. Makes me want to go and find myself a banana.
Old 06-23-2018, 02:15 PM
Majesty

For the first time in its 94-year history, the #RCAF is sending a contingent to the United Kingdom to perform Public Duties for Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II. The contingent's first mount takes place June 25, 2018. #RCAFProud

Via RCAF Twitter

Video

The Royal Canadian Air Force will mount the guard at Windsor Castle and BP. Last summer the honour went to the Princess Patricia’s Canadian Light Infantry.
Old 06-23-2018, 03:47 PM
Heir Presumptive

Well I hope our news or lifestyle programmes here will show us some of what they do.
That is if the Royal Canadian Contingent will be doing any public duties.
Old 06-25-2018, 08:11 AM
Majesty

For the 1st time in its 94-year history, the Royal Canadian Air Force has taken part in the Changing of the Guard in London and is now serving as the Queen’s Guard.

@RCAF_ARC members from across Canada are here, led by Maj Véronique Gagné from 400 Tactical Helicopter Squadron.

Pic 1

Pic 2

Pic 3

Pic 4

Via Thomas Daigle Twitter

Today the Royal Canadian Air Force (RCAF) mount the prestigious Queen’s Guard at Buckingham Palace and St James’s Palace for the first time in their history.

As Commonwealth allies we both share a strong bond and the same values. #Canada #RCAF #Britisharmy #HouseholdDivision

Video

Via Army in London Twitter

Video: Theme from Game of Thrones

Via Royal Family Twitter
Old 06-27-2018, 07:06 AM
Majesty

The Royal Canadian Air Force Change the Guard at Buckingham Palace

Old 08-05-2018, 10:57 PM
Heir Presumptive

Many thanks for the link. The Queen and Prince Philip will find this technology fascinating.
Old 08-06-2018, 09:10 PM
Heir Apparent

Tarlita, I believe that Prince Philip wanted to make changes in Buckingham Palace decades ago for efficiency.

Tags
castles, homes, palaces, residences, royal residences

« Sandringham House | - »