Buckingham Palace 1: Ending Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Erard grand piano which dates from 1856 was commissioned by Queen Victoria and is housed at the State Rooms at Buckingham Palace.

Its a magnificent looking piano.

I love that ball games are forbidden - imagine having to explain that your kid had sent a football or cricket ball through one of the Queen's windows :) ! What a beautiful rose garden (in the picture on the BBC website).

Buckingham Palace is releasing a new a sloe gin, where hand-picked whole sloe berries are steeped in Buckingham Palace Gin, giving an intense fruity flavour. The new sloe gin is available online and from shops.
RoyalCollectionTrust @RCT
Today we’re launching a new a sloe gin. Hand-picked whole sloe berries have been steeped in Buckingham Palace Gin, giving the sloe gin a unique and intense fruit flavour.
The gin is available to buy online and from our shops.
https://bit.ly/3aZMGqN

https://www.royalcollectionshop.co....t=retail&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

The History of the Organ at Buckingham Palace and unbeknown to me was that it started life at the Brighton Pavilion and was taken back to London and installed at the Palace on the orders of Queen Victoria.

The gardens are a beautiful quiet space for the busy heart of London. So pleased it is open to the public even for a little while each year.

What a great video the gardens at Buckingham Palace over the space of ayewar from Spring until Winter

Wonderful to see!

The Changing of the Guard ceremony has taken place at Buckingham Palace for the 1st time since March 2020

A group of Animal Rebellion have vandalized the queen Victoria Memorial fountains with red dye outside Buckingham Palace.

So typical of a certain sort who seem to think they know best. So arrogant. They should be made to pay for any damage.

Where were the police one wonders?

Last edited:
I agree, Durham. Using a method of destruction to draw attention to their cause is only drawing the wrong kind of attention. If they want their cause to be respected, they also must show respect for others and the things around them first.

I hope the perpetrators are punished to the full extent of the law.

So typical of a certain sort who seem to think they know best. So arrogant. They should be made to pay for any damage.

Where were the police one wonders?

There were several arrests I believe ,totally shocking element in society that thinks they can simply do as they please.

A group of Animal Rebellion have vandalized the queen Victoria Memorial fountains with red dye outside Buckingham Palace.

This is wrong. I see the demonstrators as Rent-A-Crowd and it is the scientists who have really got through to me to drive less, to eat less meat and to only buy what I need. Queen Vic had nothing to do with our modern mess.

Typical Animal Rebellion and Extinction Rebellion who are nothing but public nuisance by damaging public property and blocking emergency vehicles from reaching the hospital. They have definitely tarnished their own causes. They definitely need to be punished hard by the law judging by the destruction they have caused and police resources that have wasted (could have been used to tackle crime).

This is not the first time that Animal or Extinction Rebellion has used fake blood. In 2019, these activists used a fire engine hose to spray the UK Treasury with red-dyed water. However, things did not go into plan when they lost control of the high pressured hose.

Last edited:
Queen to spend more time at Buckingham Palace to 'justify' £369m refurb, claims expert

Daily Mirror

The Queen is expected to spend more time at Buckingham Palace to justify the huge £369 million taxpayer bill to refurbish the property, according to a royal expert. Her Majesty was given a 66% pay rise back in 2016 to fund the refit of the palace that was in need of urgent repairs.

Following Prince Philip's death, the Queen has travelled to Balmoral to spend her usual summer in Scotland, but it is thought when she returns she will split her time between Windsor and Buckingham Palace as her Platinum Jubilee year approaches.

This is a pretty unreliable source. A "royal expert". And.... its the DM. I would think that even me, with an American understanding of Buckingham Palace, who realizes that BP is *not* the Queen's personal property but is held by the Crown Estates. To me, it doesn't matter if the Queen lives at BP 365 days of the year or only for official business. The repairs are being made to ensure that the building will go healthily into the future safe and sound. It's a national treasure with so much history to it.

Yes I agree. BP would have to be kept up regardless of whether it was occupied or not. It is a great lump of a building with little architectural merit but it's earned its place as a British icon.

I thought the level of work/noise etc meant that the private apartments in the north wing won't be habitable for years anyway.

Last edited:
For some reason, I get this picture in my head of Charles standing in front of BP and as he looks at the palace all lit up in green and smiling ear-to-ear thinking "Well... maybe sometimes it *is* easy being green!"

From being laughed at for promoting environmental issues to watching his own son start an environmental prize award scheme and the palace backing it by lighting up green must really give him a sense of satisfaction that people are listening. Finally.

Stunning photo of the Palace and was reading it was created by The Duke of Cambridge and The Royal Foundation!

I don't know if it is the right place to post this.
Every Year I order some Christmas items at the Buckingham Palace Shop . But this year I had to pay 32 euros taxes because the UK are not in the EU anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom