Your Favourite British Royal?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Are you suggesting that Edward shouldn't have been given a title and thus promoted from commoner to peer as has been traditional for the sons of monarchs for centuries?

I'm suggesting nothing. Obviously I don't know as much as you about how things work but I naively thought that Princess was higher than Countess. And Edward as son of monarch wouldn't require promotion. That's all.

Nothing to cause the reply in that tone, I just think Sophie is such a classy representative of the BRF and would like to see her elevated to reflect this.

No need to respond- just explaining. Moving on.

My apologies if the tone of the post upset you.

It wasn't meant to do so.

I'm suggesting nothing. Obviously I don't know as much as you about how things work but I naively thought that Princess was higher than Countess. And Edward as son of monarch wouldn't require promotion. That's all.

Nothing to cause the reply in that tone, I just think Sophie is such a classy representative of the BRF and would like to see her elevated to reflect this.

No need to respond- just explaining. Moving on.

Bertie's posts are often meant to be informative, not harsh.

I think what is often misunderstood about the British system of titles is that to be a peer (Baron, Earl, Duke, etc) is good, and to be a royal (Prince, Princess) is better, but to be a royal who is also a peer is best.

Being HRH The Earl of Wessex is something more than simply being HRH The Prince Edward was. It means that he is a Prince and also a peer - he holds a title because of who his family is (he is a Prince) but he also holds a substantive title that will be passed on to his descendants (his peerage).

Princess Anne a no nonsense trooper. The overlooked member of the family whom the Queen can always depend on.
Camilla a loving and supportive wife who always has a warm, genuine smile.
Princess Alexandra the epitome of a princess.
Princess Beatrice the caring princess who is dedicated to her charities without the recognition. She is the future Princess Alexandra of her generation.

Queen Elizabeth II - wonderful and strong lady, hard working monarch, I think she is very loyal to her country and people, and loves her family

Duke of Edinburgh - I love his sence of humor

Duchess of Cornwall - loving woman and supportive wife, respectful lady

My favorite is Princess Alexandra, the Honourable Lady Ogilvy (formerly Princess Alexandra of Kent).

I'd like to post a a "top 3 list" :

1)Queen Elizabeth
2) Prince Harry (I guess he will become my favourite one day)
3) Prince Philip

Queen Elizabeth - she is so dignified, hard working, an inspiration
Princess Anne - a REAL woman, not afraid to be who she wants, is hardworking
Prince Harry - fun, real, not perfect, really genuine and caring

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community

Mine is definitely George!
I also like Kate and William, Charles and Camilla, the Queen and Phillip.
Anne is admirable because she is so hard-working. Harry is interesting in a way.

Last edited:
1.Queen and Prince Philip
2. Princes Charles an Camilla
3. william , Kate ( harry )
Princess Alexandra Kent

Im not keen on the Yorks at all ..........

oh, their all people, people whose greatest contribution to society is being a part of society. I couldn't pick faves, I enjoy the monarchy, the history the education that history brings reading about it. It's very much apart of America and American history is what is drew my interest, we fought with them before we ever fought against them. Even though they let us go on with independence, and we insisted, they never quit supporting us in one way or another. America might of been a penal colony once, but so was Australia.

Last edited:
Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II.

Period.

Anne,
Alexandra,
Charles, and
Camilla,
and all for different reasons.

I'd love to have a chat with Camilla over a couple of G&Ts.

Last edited:
I've always been a Princes Anne fan too. She works hard, says what she thinks, insisted her children don't have titles, recycles her wardrobe etc.

Back
Top Bottom