Your Favourite British Royal?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
- Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip
- Prince Charles
- Prince William, the Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry
- Princess Anne
- Princess Margaret
- Queen Alexandra
- King George VI and Queen Elizabeth, the Queen Mother

Her Majesty The Queen
HRH Prince William,Duke of Cambridge
HRH Prince Henry of Wales
HRH The Duchess of Cambridge
HRH The Duchess of Kent
HRH Princess Alexandra

Queen Elizabeth II
Prince William and lady Diana

I can't choose just one! I would have to say Prince William and Prince Harry, though. They lost their mother at a very young age, and they had to deal with a lot growing up. But they grew into respectful young men.

Living = Queen Elizabeth II
Deceased= Queen Victoria

Prince Charles because he's made mistakes but got through it; he's made a real and lasting difference and is a great father. And he makes me laugh and think which is a great combo!

:previous:
I agree with you. He's steadily becoming my favourite royal, although Her Majesty still retains the top spot.
My "most favourite" list hasn't changed much for years though:

- Queen Elizabeth
- Prince Charles
- Sophie, Countess of Wessex
- Prince Philip
- Prince Harry
- Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall
- Princess Anne
- Duchess of Gloucester
- Princess Alexandra

I also have soft spot for the York girls (though not their fashion sense).

Last edited:
Well cepe, you have beat me to it. I have to say Prince Charles also. I find him fascinating, in fact I think I'm becoming obsessed with the Prince lol.

As you said he is a wonderful father, and he does such good work helping the disadvantage. He is so underated in my book, but really it's his mind, that really gets me.

Oh my list
Prince Charles
Queen Elizabeth
Prince Philip
Princess Anne
Sophie Countess of Wessex
Prince Harry

:previous: :flowers: cdngirl. HE's very special I think. I mentioned on another thread that for someone who lives a very priviledged life, he is so very inclusive.

Can we become Prince Charles groupies? Do you think he will mind lol.

I also have soft spot for the York girls (though not their fashion sense).

I'm going to respond to this, even though I think it should be in the fashion thread. I'm hoping the mods take pity on me as a newbie and don't yell at me too much lol. I bruise easily

I also have a soft spot for them, and totally agree about their fashion sense. It's frustrating because they could do so much better. Who is dressing these women, that person ought to be fired.

:previous:
Well, I've long been ready to join a Prince Charles fan club, so... ;)
In regards to York girls (really sorry for going off-topic, mods), I'm afraid no one dresses them; they choose their own attire, which makes it all the more unfortunate.

Last edited:
The Duchess of Cornwall, Prince of Wales and the Queen & Duke of Edinburgh. I also admire the way Edward & Sophie & Princess Anne just quietly go about their duties. I have a soft spot for Prince Harry.

I'm completely fed up with the press coverage of Catherine and William. Maybe I'll like them more once the media hullabaloo calms down a bit.

I have to say that I agree with your choices, and your final comment. http://http://www.theroyalforums.com/ugala/forums/images/smilies/banghead6mx.gif

I'm completely fed up with the press coverage of Catherine and William. Maybe I'll like them more once the media hullabaloo calms down a bit.

OMG I thought I was the only one who felt that way.

I completely forgot to mention the Duchess of Cornwall

The Duchess of Cornwall, Prince of Wales and the Queen & Duke of Edinburgh. I also admire the way Edward & Sophie & Princess Anne just quietly go about their duties. I have a soft spot for Prince Harry.

Your "beef" is with the press, then, and not William and Catherine I would think? :flowers:

I think my favorites would have to the Queen and Prince Charles.

My favourites are:

- The Queen: need I say more? In my opinion the woman is a symbol of the modern era and how one can represent the best of the old while being fully in tune with the new. If I don't get to shake that famous gloved hand before one of us dies I'll be bitterly disappointed.
- The Cambridges: a tie for 2nd place, but as a young person If find these two to be amazing people doing a tough job.
- Princess Alexandra: An unsung hero of the Royal Family.
- The Earl and Countess of Wessex: same as above. Should certainly get more credit for what they do.
- Duchess of Gloucester: I've just always liked her.
- Prince Charles: I have great respect for him despite a few things he's said and done I disagree with
- Prince Philip: I love his wit and his dedication to the Queen.

Absolutely the Queen.

By the way, it's a pleasure to have stumbled onto this forum. I love the Royals and the history behind them. So....hi to you all!!

Last edited by a moderator:
The Queen
Cambridges
Prince Phillip
Princess Ann
Wessexes

LaRae

Last edited by a moderator:
Please note that posts regarding members of the British Royal Family that are not liked have been deleted as off topic.

HM Queen Elizabeth II and HRH the duke of edinburgh
TRHs the duke and duchess of Cambridge
HRH prince Harry of wales
TRHs princesses Beatrice and Eugenie of York

:: Brit flags ::

I would have to say Prince Phillip, as he never seems to mind saying something upsetting, and he gets the British media scandalized - and one can never do wrong when upsetting journalists.

HM Queen Elizabeth ll. For her long and dedicated reign, her wit and humour, her ability to bear burdens with fortitude and last but definitely not least her dignity.

HM Queen Elizabeth ll. For her long and dedicated reign, her wit and humour, her ability to bear burdens with fortitude and last but definitely not least her dignity.
Very well said!
Agree 100%
Are you a fan of Princess Diana?

Very well said!
Agree 100%
Are you a fan of Princess Diana?

Well I wouldn't say a fan really, it wouldn't sum her up for me. I think the young Diana had unresolved issues. She would probably have been fine if she had married a man well out of the public eye, a family man. She was in a position she was ill equipped to deal with, and at times it brought out the worst in her. As a woman, a human being, she was beautiful inside and out. As a princess, she was unable to cope. It tore her apart, and she appeared to have very little support. As her brother Earl Spencer said, she was a very complex person. Not very well understood, and with no idea how to woo her straying husband back. Tears and tantrums were never going to succeed, but she was young and in love and reacted like most of us would have done. She ended up having a very sad life really, but leaving her mark on the most vulnerable and unfortunate in the world, giving them hope for the future.

Prince Harry for me. He's genuine and doesn't mind being himself, even if it gets him in trouble.

Back
Top Bottom