William, Harry, their Girlfriends and the Press

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It wouldn't surprise me if they did. Also wasn't HELLO the photographer for the Middleton's charity thing they did a couple months ago in which Kate ended up on the cover for as well. I wonder if she'll end up on the cover again for attending the recent Van Straubanzee fundraiser. :rolleyes:
Seeing that she did end up on the cover for this... so perhaps HELLO is sending a photographer to each event Kate is at (at the Middletons request) so they get exclusive photos to print as part of the deal and Kate gets another cover for publicity. I have noticed that HELLO is very promotive towards Kate in saying how she'll be the next Princess, etc. And no other publications seem to promote her as much.

Seeing that she did end up on the cover for this... so perhaps HELLO is sending a photographer to each event Kate is at (at the Middletons request) so they get exclusive photos to print as part of the deal and Kate gets another cover for publicity. I have noticed that HELLO is very promotive towards Kate in saying how she'll be the next Princess, etc. And no other publications seem to promote her as much.

Perhaps, Hello recognises that there is little to be had in rubbishing somebody who appears to have a reasonable chance to be a very senior member of the BRF and be a crowd puller soon. Also, I suspect Hello readers tend to prefer reading positive stories about their subjects rather than negative ones.

Kate Middleton is planning a Christmas warm-up for what Palace insiders are calling a ‘Princess-in-waiting role’ next year.
The Middleton camp hopes the move – which will involve an increasing number of charity appearances as well as duties alongside Prince William – will help endear Kate to the British people.
With plans for a Royal wedding already in the early stages, Kate – nicknamed ‘Waity Katie’ due to her long-running romance without, as yet, so much as an engagement ring from the Prince – will prepare for her new role by fronting several charity parties in the run-up to Christmas for her parents’ company, Party Pieces.

KATIE NICHOLL: Kate Middleton to do charity work... just like Princess Di | Mail Online

As a matter of curiousity, does Kate need endearing public relations moves with the British people? Do they not like her?....since I live in the states, I was unaware of this...Thanks in advance.

As a matter of curiousity, does Kate need endearing public relations moves with the British people? Do they not like her?....since I live in the states, I was unaware of this...Thanks in advance.

British people think of her as Waity-Katy, the girl who will stick around forever until Wills will finally pop the question. Some time ago the media picked up on what else Katy did apart from waiting - and all the clubbing, shopping, vactioning brought a lot of bad press upon her. Since then, camp Middleton has been busy promoting Kate as a working indivudual (for her parents' company) and getting her involved in serious charity work.

But despite all the spin IMO the damage is done and the image sticks, in general the public couldn't care less about her, Britain is struggling with quite substantive issues right now therefore there is neither excitement about Kate possibly becoming a Princess nor the monarchy in general. People do respect the Queen as the institution or relict she is and maybe Prince Charles but this is where it ends. The young royals are seen as celebrities, not as servants to Britain.

My view is that certain sections of the press (led by the likes of the Daily Mail) have decided to paint a very negative view of her, primarily becuase they could not find anything on her. So everything she does is criticised. The point about her partying goes on and on, even though she is hardly ever seen on the party / clun circuit in London now. Most people in the UK tend to know relatively little about her, as she keeps a discrete distance, and never speaks to the Press.

I don't think the Middletons have requested her being followed, I think the magazine photographer does it on his own free will. Kate makes the news. :)

To me personally she doesn't, her "move to being a princess" makes no difference to my opinion of her. She's known as waity-katie over here, thanks to the daily mails wonderful wordsman. :)

Yes, I agree. HELLO is hardly hard-hitting journalism. People read it for escapism, not for news; and I speak as one who picks it up occasionally. For example, when the minor Royals come to Canada, HELLO Canada will cover it. I buy it a few times a year. The picture quality is very good, but I do find the HELLO-speak a bit prosaic. Every female is described as the "pretty/athletic/talented-mum of two/three/four".:D

Also, I suspect Hello readers tend to prefer reading positive stories about their subjects rather than negative ones.

British people think of her as Waity-Katy, the girl who will stick around forever until Wills will finally pop the question. Some time ago the media picked up on what else Katy did apart from waiting - and all the clubbing, shopping, vactioning brought a lot of bad press upon her. Since then, camp Middleton has been busy promoting Kate as a working indivudual (for her parents' company) and getting her involved in serious charity work.
Yes this is my impression too.

I don't think the Middletons have requested her being followed, I think the magazine photographer does it on his own free will. Kate makes the news. :)
How do you think they know to show up in the first place? How do you think they get their "exclusive" photos. Kate doesn't make news - the public isn't that interested in her. HELLO was the photographer at their charity PR thing they did.

Duke of Marmalade you are quite right. After 6 years of dating it's too little too late. I'm afraid anything they do at this point will come across as contrived.
And as much as I hate to admit it you're right about the younger generation being tepid toward the royals. Most aren't as supportive as someone like me is... but that doesn't stop me from trying to convert them. bwahahahaha :)

Last edited by a moderator:
If they get engaged, and if they appear to be genuinely loving, I predict that attitutes toward her will change a great deal.

After 6 years of dating it's too little too late. I'm afraid anything they do at this point will come across as contrived.

If they get engaged, and if they appear to be genuinely loving, I predict that attitutes toward her will change a great deal.

True. Also, if W & K were to marry, the public will warm to her if they see her emerge as a hard working royal who is passionately supporting the causes and charities she has chosen.

How do you think they know to show up in the first place? How do you think they get their "exclusive" photos. Kate doesn't make news - the public isn't that interested in her. HELLO was the photographer at their charity PR thing they did.

I said that the Middletons hadn't asked for Kate to be followed. I never said they hadn't asked for her to be photographed.
They have every right to higher the Hello! photographer to cover an event. :)

True. Also, if W & K were to marry, the public will warm to her if they see her emerge as a hard working royal who is passionately supporting the causes and charities she has chosen.

Lets hope so.

I agree - if this will be the case. In general I think the ring on the finger will make a huge difference, the relationship between Kate the fiancee and the public will start from zero. Then it depends what she will make of it - the public will warm towards her if she doesn't make huge mistakes like continuing to life the celebrity life on public spending. Hard work (the bar is high when looking at HM, the PoW or Anne - might not be fair but sorry, life isn't) and giving birth to a son will be key to win over the public.

Actually I think if Kate makes the right moves as fiancee she has a good chance to become a favourite member of this family since many Britons see Prince William as a huge waste of space - he hasn't done much to impress as yet either. It will be a walk on the tightrope for Kate between being recognized and not overshadowing at the same time.

I agree - if this will be the case. In general I think the ring on the finger will make a huge difference, the relationship between Kate the fiancee and the public will start from zero. Then it depends what she will make of it - the public will warm towards her if she doesn't make huge mistakes like continuing to life the celebrity life on public spending. Hard work (the bar is high when looking at HM, the PoW or Anne - might not be fair but sorry, life isn't) and giving birth to a son will be key to win over the public.

I certainly think the time of deference and public adulation based on status as long gone. Kate will have to earn her place, just as William will when he enters public life. He is in a slightly difficult place at the momemt as he continues to pursue a career in the armed forces, and balances it with some public engagements.

Definitely. One thing about the public mind--it can change quite quickly. :flowers:

ITV have just shown Prince Harry and Chelsy Davy at the X Factor final watching Robbie Williams

Last edited:
How cool that they got to watch the show in person. Nice pics of Harry and Chelsy.

Great pictures of Harry and Chelsy, thanks for posting, I enjoyed them.

:previous:
I love it that they both went to a reality show. :flowers:
Harry looks wonderful.

More pics of Prince Harry and girlfriend Chelsy Davy at the X Factor final on December 12, 2009.
Abaca Press

Despite the fact that I do love Chelsy and that she has grown in me in the last few years, I don't think that Prince Harry and Chelsy will last. Chelsy seems to have her eyes set on her career and I highly doubt she will stay in England. For me, it is sad to watch their relationship continue when Chelsy obviously doesn't want to be a royal or deal with the press and scrutiny that comes along with it. I respect her and Harry, but my personal feeling is that they both need to either enjoy the short time it will last or just go back to being friends. I could be wrong in my assumption, but that's how it seems to me.

I agree with you, AnnaSophia. As much as I root for this couple, I also don't think Harry and Chelsy will last. It's a shame because its so clear that they enjoy each other's company.

Prince William, his girlfriend Kate Middleton and Prince Harry were among the celebrity-packed audience in Leicester Square last night for the world premiere of Guy Ritchie's new film Sherlock Holmes, which stars Robert Downey Jnr and Jude Law.But the Royal party shunned the red carpet and attempted to avoid the cameras by arriving five minutes after the film started and being taken into the venue by a back door. They left as soon as the credits began to role.
Jude Law: The flirting started the minute Robert Downey Jr and I met| Showbiz | This is London

What a great premiere for Harry to go to. Can't wait to see the movie. And Robert Downey Jr. is SMOK'IN HOT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom