William, Harry, their Girlfriends and the Press

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kate Middleton: mission accomplished? - Telegraph

Kate Middleton: mission accomplished?

The rumours of an impending engagement to Prince William are multiplying - and in Kate Middleton's Berkshire village, the locals are certain that the future King would be lucky to have her as his wife. Judith Wood reports.

From The Telegraph today

Honestly I don't believe she'll be invited to Christmas, even if a wedding is being prepared for next year. Not necessarily because of being officially engaged or not, but for a much simpler and human reason. After she marries William all her Christmas will be spent with the Royal Family, I'd think she would prefer to spend that last Christmas (assuming the wedding would take place next year) with her family.
The Queen would probably take this into consideration, if invited she could feel uncomfortable by refusing an invitation by the Queen, so the logical (and appropriate) thing to do would be no invitation at all. Or maybe an invitation to spend the days between Christmas and New Year with the RF, but not Christmas itself.

the papers just pounce on whatever they have. i think they should shut up about the whole thing until something significant happens. i'm getting slightly tired of seeing this under achieved young woman all over the news. we have far more important things to deal with. until they announce anything i think the media is doing them harm. Princess anges i agree

i think they should shut up about the whole thing until something significant happens.

Why should they shut up?
It sells papers, and that's what the editors aim is, to sell newspapers. They have a right to print what they like.
If they didn't print anything about them, what would we know?

For all of the printing they do about Wills and Kate, we Still know Nothing!! I am sick of reading all of the nonsense. Until they know something concrete, they should shut up for a while, imo....

If it wasn't for the press we wouldn't know they were together, we wouldn't know about the events they attend, we wouldn't know what Kate was doing.
Nobody knows anything concrete, and William and Kate are hardly going to talk to the press, all they can do is speculate and sell papers. I see nothing wrong with talking about them, it is their job.

Indeed it is their job and we do have the right not to give any credence to the rags.

For all of the printing they do about Wills and Kate, we Still know Nothing!! I am sick of reading all of the nonsense. Until they know something concrete, they should shut up for a while, imo....

Then just don't read them ...;)

Kate Middleton: mission accomplished? - Telegraph

Kate Middleton: mission accomplished?

The rumours of an impending engagement to Prince William are multiplying - and in Kate Middleton's Berkshire village, the locals are certain that the future King would be lucky to have her as his wife. Judith Wood reports.

From The Telegraph today

It's nice to read something favorable about the Middleton family from those who presumably have known them for some time.:flowers:

Yes, indeed. It's important to remember, I think, that the image that the Middletons have in tabloid-land had isn't one that they've tried to create; it's one that been foisted on them.

It's nice to read something favorable about the Middleton family from those who presumably have known them for some time.:flowers:

^^ Something went wrong with my post but either way, it's quite funny.

I saw that video awhile ago and didn't think that Kate was playing the victim card at all. I thought that she was very much in control and speaking her mind.

This wasn't posted right?

I thought it was quite funny really. :ROFLMAO:

We seem to be seeing several articles putting a positive spin on Kate and her family recently, I don't recall this from the past - almost like rebuttals to some of the negative articles. Does the RF have reporters who will put their spin on it and are we seeing this? Or did I just not see the positive articles in the past?
As much as some would like to see Prince William married to a strong woman who has a career, I wonder whether that's the type of woman he could be interested in and whether that type of woman could ever be happy in the role Prince William's wife will have to play? Ideally, I suppose, a woman who was passionate about charitable causes would be a good future wife and we haven't seen any of that from Kate, she seems mostly to be interested in being with William and not much else.
I do agree that with the press interest in her, Kate can't really live a 'normal' life, remember how she had to pull out of the rowing thing because of the press coverage it brought? The descriptions of her from the recent articles are shy, demure, discreet, well mannered, kind - somewhat like Diana was described when she became engaged.

In answer to your question, I have read that the POW definitely has "spin" experts on his staff, which were employed in force to bring about acceptance of his marriage with Camila. It wouldn't seem out of the question that the same thing may be going on with Kate. Speculation of course, but interesting to ponder....

You make an excellent point in that a "career" woman would not make a good Princess of Wales. Although Diana had her difficulties and unhappiness, I never heard her "career" as being part of that. When I think of someone giving up a fabulous carreer, Princess Grace comes to mind as someone who struggled for years and was extremely unhappy because she gave up her successful career at the peak of fame to become a princess. It wasn't until later in life that she came to accept, and embrace her role as the Princess of Monaco.

Although there have been quite a few marriages in recent years between Royalty in Europe and "commonors", there are very few exceptions in the amount of attention they garnered with the media compared to Kate and William. No one I know can tell me who is who in Royalty around the World, however everyone knows who ithe Queen of England is as well as everyone in the immediate Royal Family, including Kate Middleton. For an independent career woman to give up her own identity and career to become the future Queen consort would be extremly difficult considering what she would be taking on. The fact that Kate IS so supportive and devoted to William is what I consider the best possible asset she brings. She has had years to adjust to the attention and scrutiny and she has born it very well.

IMO, I think she would be a wonderul princess/queen consort and support and compliment William rather than try to overshadow him.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have never understood why so many are so harsh towards Kate and her parents.

Because people don't think she is suitable to be a future Queen. I have always said that Kate is a wonderful person, and I like her very much, except I don't want her as a my future Queen.

Could anyone of us have a normal career/job with the attention she deals with everytime she steps out the door? I just don't understand why this continues to be so important to some people.

That's a question impossible to answer unless your dating a Prince. However other Princess' have managed it in other countries, and Kate has never really tried to hold down a job.
Just to point out, since they have moved to Angelsey, both have them have barely been in the newspaper.

Does the RF have reporters who will put their spin on it and are we seeing this?

Probably, but I don't see why the papers would all of a sudden have a change of mind about the Middletons. Or why the RF would get involved in the family.

I do agree that with the press interest in her, Kate can't really live a 'normal' life, remember how she had to pull out of the rowing thing because of the press coverage it brought?

IMO, Kate has never tried to lead a normal life. She gone from Uni straight to acting as Williams girlfriend with little bits in between. If she has actually participated in the rowing event, that would have brought her a huge amount of positive press coverage. She posed and her team did in Hello! magazine, so if she didn't like the coverage why do that?

What if Kate doesn't marry William?

genfem - Kate Middleton

Our girl is trusting a boy, who was 20 when they started dating, to keep an implicit promise of a lifetime commitment. If he breaks it, she has no recourse and no backup plan. He, of course, will still have his riches, his network and his royal blood. She may know something none of us know, but without that ring on her finger she might want to start focusing less on landing the future King of Wales, and more on Kate Middleton.

I agree with the last sentence.

If she doesn't marry William, she'll still be okay. The press will move on to William's new girlfriend/wife, and Kate will still have her degree. She would probably be able to work at the type of job that she originally wanted to have before the press started hounding her in London. If not, she can continue to work with Party Pieces and keep the business going beyond her parents' retirement. Assuming she's in her early 30s if they break up, she'll still be able to have children.

What if Kate doesn't marry William?

genfem - Kate Middleton

I agree with the last sentence.

News of the World ... sister paper to THE SUN says

William and Kate to Marry next Summer
Engagement at Christmas

Cannot post the story link as you have to be a member?

Royal wedding speculation is at fever pitch: Has Kate found her wedding dress designer? | Mail Online

Something is definitely going on behind the scenes. The stories are completely different from last year around this time (2009). There is a buzz in the air, and tellingly none of William's friends are coming out of the woodwork denying everything immediately like they did last year (2009). I think people, an engagement is coming possibly as early as January/February 2011.

You may be right but then again it may be that no one really knows what William will do and so his friends can't agree or disagree as they don't know either.

Last edited:
Wow, they're so sure about a wedding they are already guessing on when Kate gets pregnant? Sheesh! Give the couple a break!

I agree. It's a huge hype by the media at the moment. Frankly, it doesn't impress me personally. When I read back at all the threads here, I can see that the same stories come up each year in November/December, on Kate's birthday, William's birthday, Diana's birthday or Charles' and Diana's wedding day... :cool: I'm afraid we just know that we know nothing. ;)

Wow, they're so sure about a wedding they are already guessing on when Kate gets pregnant? Sheesh! Give the couple a break!

One of the reasons why they haven't married yet IMO. As soon as they marry she will be expected to get pregnant. It is her duty - hence the order they are doing things is - get to know you live together, marry, family rather get to know you, marry, live together, family.

Sonjapearl
That could certainly fast forward us to a wedding.I second your sheesh !

From Richard Palmer's Twitter:

I'm told Kate Middleton is still working at Party Pieces despite claims she has quit. So we still search for concrete signs of a wedding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom