William and Harry's TV Interviews about Diana: June 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

karla64

Courtier
City
Lynnwood
Country
United States
Matt lauer will interview with William and Harry on June 18th.. remeber set record for them..

Matt Lauer Interviews Prince William & Prince Harry - Starpulse News Blog

hey. casiraghi trio

Sorry i was too late to post the previously post but it closed so here..No I did not there at polo i found some pics from royalist.net.so I paste the pics from it.. ... i wish i was there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Matt lauer will interview with William and Harry on June 18th

Thanks I will definitely watch this. My favorite show anyways, now my favorite young princes.

The interview will be on nbc next monday at 10:00pm

After reading that little bit of transcript, I can't wait for the actual interview. Sounds like it will be interesting.

After reading the sections of the interview, I have to say that William sounds like the most boring thing to grace our scenes since Bill Oddie faffing around with baby owls. "You know" and "I mean" every five minutes would drive me totally mad and it seems he has all the personality of a stick of celery. Even Harry (who is extremely gorgeous) doesn't seem to shine with anything. Both of them come across as quite vacuous and bland. What a shame.

sirhon11234 said:
The interview will be on nbc next monday at 10:00pm

Do you know if there are any plans to show this in the UK?

Thanks!

What is 'it' about British royals always saying...'you know'?!

I, myself, lost count of how many times they said it 'you know' :lol:

Yes, you are totally right Madame Royale. It's strange because it's more an american thing to say 'you know'. In other interviews I never saw the Princes saying it so many times ...

selrahc4 said:
The Princes are interesting in their choice of words. Harry remembers the person and speaks of "her" and William remembers the event and talks about "it".

From what I have read about their interview, they sound like very troubled 'children'.

I have to agree with BeatrixFan's stick of celery description. Someone should remind them that while they live the privilaged life that they do, they have no hope of pretending they are normal - what a silly idea. Harry also needs to read the police report if he is still wondering how his mother died. :rolleyes:

The interview will be shown on Australian television next Tuesday 19th: channel 7 at 10pm (unless it's brought forward to an earlier timeslot).

TheTruth said:
Yes, you are totally right Madame Royale. It's strange because it's more an american thing to say 'you know'. In other interviews I never saw the Princes saying it so many times ...

I'd imagine it's a popular phrase used throughout much of western culture, though the RF seem to totally overplay it's use.

I would love if someone were so presumptuous as to retort..'No actually, I don't!' :lol:

BeatrixFan and skydragon, I had very similar thoughts about the exerpts of the interview. I think these slices of the interview give a very poor impression of them. I thought Harry was not as bad as William because he tried to answer things. William just seemed so put out or on edge or something. I hate having these impressions because I want to feel good things about them. I don't know if it makes sense, but I felt like they seem a bit out of touch. I have for many years felt that William lacks personality.
It's sad to me because both of his parents have so much personality, so much character. It has occurred to me that being the sons of such people -- "Saint Diana" and the Prince of Wales with all his huge achievements in the Prince's Trust, organic farming, etc. -- they might have a hard time measuring up. Those are very big shoes to fill, and it's not that they have to measure up, but they might feel intimidated and not know how to be their own people yet.
I don't know. Sometimes the kids of giant achievers turn out the most boring people ever, or else it just takes them a long time to find their footing.

Skydragon said:
From what I have read about their interview, they sound like very troubled 'children'.

They also sound barely articulate.

PRINCE WILLIAM: Yeah I mean-- again just for my personal opinion, when you knew somebody or someone that important to you -- you always think about you know. I mean -- so after it happened we were always you know always thinking about it. And there's not a day goes by I don't think you know that I don't think about it once in the day. And so for us is a very slow and it's a lot-- it has been a long time.

Will it be shown in the UK too? Or will the US just get this one and the UK the one with the DJ girl?
Thanks.

Last edited:
sassie said:

PRINCE WILLIAM: Yeah I mean-- again just for my personal opinion, when you knew somebody or someone that important to you -- you always think about you know. I mean -- so after it happened we were always you know always thinking about it. And there's not a day goes by I don't think you know that I don't think about it once in the day. And so for us is a very slow and it's a lot-- it has been a long time.

Kind of sounds like Vicky Pollard (Little Britain) :lol: :ROFLMAO:

sassie said:
Frighteningly inarticulate and the constant 'you know' that is so unlike the rest of the senior royals.

It could be that they had so much advice on how to handle the interview (just keep mentioning your mother and they will forgive everything else), that they have come over as ... well.... thick. So far from what I have read and the excerpts they are showing on TV, they sound inarticulate and sincerely insincere! :lol:

William and Harry are on the cover of this weeks Hello Magazine

WILLIAM AND HARRY FIGHT TO PROTECT DIANA'S MEMORY

News and photos of the rich and famous - HELLO!, hellomagazine.com

The exerpts do sound a bit insincere and the answers given even rehearsed. I don't doubt for a moment that they adored their mother and really do have strong feelings on this. But I believe its been rehashed so many times and the boys have had to answer these questions repeadetly for so many years that they might have become a bit desensitized with the answers by now, which is why it comes across as being insincere.

Or on another hand, boys don't show as much emotion or like to show as much emotion, so being boring or cold about it puts up a wall that blocks the true memories and true feelings from coming across. It could sound harsher or more incincere but it protects them from breaking down or tearing up when answering.

JMO

Well alot of my generation uses that phrase you know.

Skydragon said:
Frighteningly inarticulate and the constant 'you know' that is so unlike the rest of the senior royals.

Is Peter Settelen still available for coaching? Maybe William should have paid more attention when he was hanging around while she was being coached and filmed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom