William and Harry's Friends

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thats so true. Its similar to the saying " birds of a feather flock together ".

Prince Harry's friend Arthur Landon who was with him in Vegas attacks 'despicable girl' who sold naked photos | Mail Online

MailOnline 25 August 2012

This story is about Harry's (and William's) friend Arthur Landon (who was with Harry in Vegas),

What a load of, pardon me, bull dust!

Where was Arthur Landon when Harry got too much to drink? Why didn't he grab Harry by the collarbone and say: "Okay Harry, you're on cola for the rest of the evening"?
Some friend.....

What a load of, pardon me, bull dust!

Where was Arthur Landon when Harry got too much to drink? Why didn't he grab Harry by the collarbone and say: "Okay Harry, you're on cola for the rest of the evening"?
Some friend.....

Probably because he was not exactly sober himself :ermm:.

It's really a good read, Carolyn. It's amazing how she cared for them so much to the point of writing to Harry in Afghanistan

Can someone explain what all the letters stand for in that article.

:previous:

KCVO - Knight Commander of Royal Victorian Order (second highest grade of Royal Victorian Order) *
CVO - Commander of Royal Victorian Order (third highest grade of Royal Victorian Order)
LVO - Lieutenant of Royal Victorian Order (third lowest grade of Royal Victorian Order)
MVO - Member of Royal Victorian Order (second lowest grade of Royal Victorian Order)
RVM
- Royal Victorian Medal (lowest grade of Royal Victorian Order)

CBE - Commander of the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire
DSO
- Distinguished Service Order
BEM
- British Empire Medal
Hon - Honourable

Grades of Royal Victorian Order are (in decreasing order):
GCVO - Knight/Dame Grand Cross
KCVO/DCVO - Knight/Dame Commander
CVO - Commander
LVO - Lieutenant
MVO - Member
RVM - Medal (not a grade as such)

Last edited:
Can someone explain what all the letters stand for in that article.

Sure - the VO stands for Victorian Order - begun in Victoria's reign to honor service to her Majesty or the Monarchy (1896 ish)

From most merit to least the following mean:
GCVO - Grand Cross VO
KCVI - Knight Commander VO same as DCVO for women - Dame Commander VO
CVO - Commander VO
LVO - Lieutenant VO
MVO - Member VO

It gives the monarch a way to honor staff, volunteers, etc. that would not qualify for the Brittish Empire Order (called BEs - with the same letters showing level of merit - MBE, CVE, etc.)

See: The Monarchy Today > Queen and public > Honours > Royal Victorian Order

Thomas van Straubenzee, close friend of William & Kate, has announced his engagement to Lady Melissa Percy. Might be a Hogwarts wedding as Lady M's family seat is Alnwick Castle.

No, George won't be the Duke's only unwed child.
The Duke of Northumberland has a second, younger son - Lord Max Ralph Percy (born 1990) who is also unmarried.

Lady Melissa Percy & Thomas van Straubenzee

Full announcement from the Northumberland Gazette [thanks to Dman]

Duke and Duchess announce daughter’s engagement ... to Prince Harry’s best friend

LADY Melissa Percy, youngest daughter of the Duke and Duchess of Northumberland, is set to marry Prince Harry’s best friend next summer.
In an official announcement made this morning, the 25-year-old’s delighted parents revealed that she has become engaged to Mr Thomas van Straubenzee.

It follows the marriage of her older sister Catherine – known as Katie – to city financier Patrick Valentine in February 2011.

Mr van Straubenzee, 29, is an ex-Royal Green Jackets officer now working as a chartered surveyor. He is closely connected to Prince Harry, who he met at Ludgrove Prep School, and accompanied the Prince on his first official tour to New Zealand.

v Lady Melissa Percy & Thomas van Straubenzee
thumbnail image is a small portion cropped from a larger photograph

Attachments

• Percy.jpg
    Percy.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 1,747
I only wish there could be a duke's daughter for Harry himself... (okay, I'll take any titles girl for him, including European princesses...)

The best friend of Princes William and Harry has been banned from driving after he was clocked speeding at 129 mph in a £100,000 supercar.

Read more: Prince William and Harry's best friend Guy Pelly banned from driving after speeding at 129mph in £100,000 supercar | Mail Online

What a very lucky man Guy is!! He could have so easily lost his life and perhaps the lives of others going at that ridiculous speed.

Only question I have is: If he was going 129 mph when he whizzed by the cop, how long did it take the cop to catch him? :D

Its the downside of being a friend of the royals. Any other person caught doing the same thing would never have made the press but it allows the DM to fill some empty space with a reference to to the royals.

Must be nice to not have to show up for court.

It is the right article. Quote from it:
Along with amateur jockey, businessman, helicopter pilot and royal matchmaker — he was credited with reuniting Prince William and Kate Middleton — Sam Waley-Cohen will soon be able to add father to his repertoire. For 18 months after they wed, his party organiser wife Annabel is expecting their first child.

‘I’m looking forward to the challenge of being a father,’ says Sam at a screening of a Channel 4 documentary about the jockey at Millbank Tower. But he may have to come up with a contingency plan next March, when the baby is due. The birth date falls during the highpoint of the National Hunt season — between Cheltenham and the Grand National. ‘The plan is for it not to affect my racing but if I turn up with big bags under my eyes, people will know why,' Sam tells me. ‘I do juggle lots of things, which involves squashing everything into a lot of early mornings and late nights. Quite how a baby fits into all that I have no idea, but it’s an exciting prospect.’

What a banana! Sorry hkittybaby and thank you Artemesia

Such great news. Congratulations to the couple. Sam and Annabel are among my favourite friends of William and Harry

Back
Top Bottom