William and Harry's Friends

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
gaggleofcrazypeople said:
But how many of these people are they still friends with?

I'll bet he's still friends with most of them, even if he rarely sees them or talks to them. Most of those people have hectic lives of their own, not to mention William's busy life. So just because they don't chat everyday or even every week anymore, this does not mean they aren't friends. I have a feeling William and Harry are still quite good friends with "the big ones" (Ben Elliot, Tom and Laura PB, the VC brothers, probably the ?Straubenzee? guys too.)

On the other hand, William and Harry don't seem to be friends with James Tollemache anymore. But maybe that has to do with the fact that JT is dating Will's ex?? I just love JT. He's my favorite of their "friends".

Most of their social contacts would be via private house parties, and the tighter (or more discreet) the social circle, the less we will ever know. Chances are the friendships established early will be the friendships for life. Loyalty and discretion would be highly valued.

CasiraghiTrio said:
I'll bet he's still friends with most of them, even if he rarely sees them or talks to them. Most of those people have hectic lives of their own, not to mention William's busy life. So just because they don't chat everyday or even every week anymore, this does not mean they aren't friends. I have a feeling William and Harry are still quite good friends with "the big ones" (Ben Elliot, Tom and Laura PB, the VC brothers, probably the ?Straubenzee? guys too.)

On the other hand, William and Harry don't seem to be friends with James Tollemache anymore. But maybe that has to do with the fact that JT is dating Will's ex?? I just love JT. He's my favorite of their "friends".

Wow, you seem to know a lot about their friends. I hardly ever have any idea who they are photographed with. Why is James Tollemache your favourite? Do you have a picture of him?
I'm sure that as royalty, discree and loyal friends are very important to you, as there is so many people that will try to befriend you for different reasons. Although I don't know much about William and Harrys friends, I think most of their friends are anonymous and people we don't know anything about, while some very few are "famous" friends.
Do William and Harry have a lot of friends, are they popular?
Thanks. Ava

From Will and Harry unlimited:

Name: Mark Tomlinson
Connection: Son of Simon and Claire Tomlinson who run Beaufort Polo Club where Princes William and Harry play. Went to Klosters in March 2000 with the princes.

Attachments

• fmark.jpg
    fmark.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 2,985
I think most of their friends probably want to remain anonymous because the media would be asking questions about the princes.

CasiraghiTrio said:

whos he dating? Imean, which one of William's exes?

Wasn't there something between William and Isabella Anstruther-Gough-Calthrope? I thought they dated for like a second or two.

They all look financial and intel based with loose ties, no strings, also looks like they can all take or leave each other. The words bordum and burdens comes to mind. The two Princlings only have each other, and their family. Sad....

cd_1 said:
whos he dating? Imean, which one of William's exes?

JT is dating Arabella Musgrave(sp?Musgrove?). I guess they are really more than "dating" since they are together still after about three years now.
I wouldn't be surprised if they actually got married or something without my notice. They are definitely discreet, that's for sure, not like the VCs, not at all. :rolleyes:
JT's older bro, the heir to the family barony, what's his name? Edward I think. Well, whatever his name is, he was married recently. Was it last fall?

Last edited:
Harry's polo shirt said:
The best friend of Britain's Prince Harry has been questioned by police after breaking into a girls' school "looking for girls".
Guy Pelly, notorious for his booze-fuelled antics at royal parties, went on the rampage with pal James Murray Wells, 22, in the early hours on Christmas Eve.

http://www.femalefirst.co.uk/entertainment/125602004.htm

Guy Pelly and JMW must be nuts. I mean, they are good looking guys, and they are so wealthy and seem like fun. So how can guys like that think it's necessary to go busting into a girls' school to find girls?! You would think guys like them would have to fight off all kinds of girls all the time.
Hmm.... Good looking? Wealthy? Nice job, nice fashion sense.... Friend of royalty? Geezz.... hmm.... what could the attraction be?
:lol:
I guess when you are like Pelly and Wells, it's not so much a question of how many girls, but more a question of quality?

:previous:
Perhaps their wealth was their undoing. Too much money can make many people feel they are untouchable when it comes to breaking the law or paying their bills. The money also makes them irresponsibily drink to where they can't stand. The whole gang of them, including their royal friends seem to me to be irresponsible and a " aristocratic gang" of hoodlums.

Last edited by a moderator:
A perfect description - and it has ever been thus, unfortunately.
These young men need a purpose in their lives besides being rich.
The princes are, at least, trying by doing military service.

In times past that was the normal course of events for the sons of the aristocracy - school, university (for some) and then the military (or the church) before taking over the family estates and entering parliament to run the country. But now the last part of the life-cycle of the rich has been taken over by the people in general and unfortunately other aspects of that cycle seem to have gone by the wayside as well. Perhaps some form of compulsory national service (not necessarily military) should be instituted for the scions of the aristocracy to give their lives purpose at the all important age these young men have reached.

So true with some of your comments. After serviing in the military, I felt that there should be some sort of "compulsory national service", as you describe, would be fitting for all who once they reached a certain age. Not to mix this discussion with religion, but in my religion, it is expected of the young men and now young women to go on a mission for two years. In that time, when they are between high school and college, their lives are busy with something that for part of the population worthwhile, while the rest of population believes it is an occult. But, the majority of those young people come and settle into successful lives being responsible adults, wives, husbands, mothers and fathers. But, I am in no way recommending or supporting a nationwide missionary program. Perhaps some sort of conservation or ecological program.:)

It is nice to see Kate Middleton still chummy with James Meade and also comfortable going to see Zara Phillips in the Badminton Horse Trials on Friday.
4 May 2007 - Prince William's friend James Meade, Kate Middleton, and others at the Badminton Horse Trials
Pictures

It was nice to see Catherine with James Meade, I guess she and Prince William are still mutual friends with many people. There are a couple of photos somewhere of Catherine (or Kate) with Henry Ropner, a man who is supposed to be friends with William also. It's interesting that there are quite a few stories going around that William and Kate will be attending a wedding together, and also that they are supposed to take a vacation together in August. I think that's very interesting, if it's true.

Henry Ropner supposedly dated Jecca, right?

I believe he did date Jecca, and William phoned him to apologize after stories about William and Jecca supposedly appeared in the press. Prince William is said to have phoned and explained to Henry Ropner that the press stories were false, and that William wasn't poaching on his territory. :)

It's nice that William's friends would spend time with Kate and be willing to look out for her.

Holly Branson is also a member of the group. She is going to school to become a Doctor, she is fab wealthy, good looking, great manners, very close-knit ultra-wealthy family, and very mature, and has been a friend of Prince William for a long time....how does Princess Doctor Holly or Doctor Princess Holly sound? Prince Harry and Chelsy are still an item...as time goes on I like her more and more, she graduated from University with good grades with some very tough subjects, and has applied to Bristol University for graduate school, she seems to like P. Harry for himself and couldn't care less about the media-circus...good for both above ladies.

originally posted by LyndaW
Prince Harry and Chelsy are still an item...as time goes on I like her more and more, she graduated from University with good grades with some very tough subjects, and has applied to Bristol University for graduate school, she seems to like P. Harry for himself and couldn't care less about the media-circus...good for both above ladies.

Very good point LyndaW, although the two lovebirds are still very young, I agree that her educational background and how she carries forth with her life, (ie school, charity, plans for grad school, etc) are a stellar example for young girls today. She shows that she carries on with her life irregardless of what Harry is doing. She makes time for him, but she doesn't give up her own dreams. I know many say her family has so many isses, etc, but that is not her fault. IMO she is a beautiful young girl, she has her fun (as we've seen on many photos, but she is so young and just doing what young people do) but most importantly she sets a good example with her education and pursuit of her own dreams. When the newspapers report of her graduating with good grades and is planning on entering graduate school, it is showing the importance of education. Especially in her home country of South Africa where the only hope for young girls is an education.

But they are so young and usually first loves as great as they are don't always last. But look at Charles and Camilla, so I can only hope. :flowers:

Does anyone know if any of William's or Harry's friends are serving with them in the army? I am wondering if some of the old 'Highgrove set' are with them in the Blues and Royals, like the Meades, or Straubenzee? Maybe William van Cutsem?

Pictures of Guy Pelly
The newest (WENN/Daily Mail)
Spinning Kate around at Branson's tennis party in 2006 (Daily Mail)
Watching rugby with Wills in 2001 or 2002 (Daily Mail)
Watching rugby with Harry in 2001 or 2002 (The Sun)
LMAO :lol: (ibid)
One shoe on, one shoe off (ibid) :D
Always the polo watcher never the player (in 2003, from REX via The Sun)
at the Tunnel House pub near Highgrove (the Sun)
The last one (source: ibid) :)
Another fairly recent one, I think, maybe that girl is his new (supposed) girlfriend, Suzanna or Susanna Warren, according to one of Richard Kay's June 2007 columns (dau. of the Queen's Racing Mgr, and granddaughter of HM's previous Racing Mgr, the late Earl of Carnarvon)

Three friends for the price of one: with Prince Harry watching polo in 2001
Simon Diss, Guy Pelly, and James Meade (The Sun)

The HON. James Tollemache :wub: (ibid) was at Eton with Prince William. He has been dating the Prince's former flame Arabella Musgrave for the past 3-4 years approximately. His daddy is the Baron Tollemache of Helmingham. He works in finance, formerly for Beat Capital, now for JP Morgan & Chase. Brother Edward, the heir, is a godson of Prince Charles.

Last three, all from the Sun
Nick and Hugh van Cutsem (I always mix up the VC guys, but the Sun says Nick is the one on the left. I'm not sure. ??)
Lady Tamara and Edward van Cutsem
Mark Tomlinson

Never Know!

We will never know who his real friends are unless we get to know them(The Princes). But who knows, one of us might get lucky and meet them.

now its official i think becouse he talked about her in the lastest interview
What interview was that? Could you provide a link? Thanks!

Nevermind, I didn't realize how old this thread is!

On another note: Guy Pelly...Girlfriend???? You sure about that????:lol:

Casiraghi, where on earth did you find these photos? I've never seen any of them before. They're great. Thanks!

Last edited:
Luv2cruise, about Guy Pelly, I have indeed heard that he seems quite serious about Susanna (?) Warren, who interestingly enough happens to be daughter of The Queen's current racing manager (John Warren), and granddaughter of The Queen's previous racing mgr (the Earl of Caernarvon, whose daughter is married to Warren).
Anyway, those pics in my last post here are mostly from The Sun online and from Rex Features.

But I come with another treat, this time gossip, not pics.
Richard Kay's column (15 October 2007) contains a couple of pointless (but well....:D) anecdotes about Jacobi AGC and Kate Middleton. The one about Kate is from her prep school years, a play she did, and her costar, now 25, says how it delights him that he was her "first prince". Whatever. :rolleyes:
About Jacobi, it says he went to Ludgrove with William (which I didn't know) and he was dating for a year a friend of Chelsy, but now has broken up with her.

Well, there you have it: More stuff we didn't need to know, but all the same, I do wish Kay would have put some pics of Jacobi on the column, because Jacobi is a cutie.... :wub: But lucky for us, there are pics (and info) of him, and sister Isabella, here: http://rdujour.com/category/jacobi-anstruther-gough-calthorpe/ (a very juicy socialite site)

Anyone know the backstory on James Meade? I know Will has been friends with him for awhile but does he come from a titled family?...I've only seen like a few pics of him.

James Meade attended Eton with Prince William, so they've been friends for a long time. James is the son of Richard John Meade, OBE. Richard Meade is an expert equestrian and 3 time Olympic Gold Medalist in riding. He's actually won more Olympic honors than any other British rider, and he is also a former boyfriend of Princess Anne's.

James Meade's mother is Angela Meade (Farquhar) and his maternal grandfather is Ian Farquhar, joint master of the Beaufort Hunt, which Prince Charles is still a member of. His great grandfather Farquhar was the 5th Baronet of something or other, and his father Richard's great grandfather was supposedly a relation of Richard James Meade, 4th Earl of Clanwilliam. I don't know what the connection is, but he is a distant relation to the current Earl of Clanwilliam.

James is 25 years old and I think he's the oldest. His younger brother Harry is also an equestrian, and I think he will be competing in the next upcoming Olympics. James also has a sister, Lucy Meade.

That's all I know. :lol:

^Thanks for the info. on the Meades. They seem like a nice, discreet, decent, hardworking family. :)

Guy Pelly
Born in 1982, or maybe 1983 but no later
Son of John and Vanda Pelly
Hometown: Shipton Moyne, Gloucestershire

Guy studied briefly at the Royal Agricultural College, Cirencester, but he dropped out age 19, early in 2002, in the wake of the 'Harry & cannabis' publicity.

Coincidentally, on the subject of the Meades, Guy dated Lucy Meade. They are apparently still good friends. He now dates Susanna Warren, whose parents are John & Lady Carolyn Herbert of the horse racing world.

Guy's mother Vanda (who lives in East Malling, Kent) often speaks on his behalf, in his defense, when the tabloids attack his personal life. She is disabled since having her right leg below the knee amputated in 2003. Her son gives her lifts in his VW, which was part of his unsuccessful argument in the Wiltshire courts in June 2007 to maintain his driving license after a speeding citation.

Guy's father owns a car firm in Sussex.

Guy works as marketing director for the Mahiki Club in Mayfair.

One of his most embarrassing publicity arose when he & James Murray Wells (on Christmas Eve 2005) raided the girls' Westonbirt School in Tetbury. Jamie broke his ankle in the event.

Pictures of Guy Pelly
With the princes & James Meade watching rugby in 2001 (The Daily Mail)
In June 2002 at a polo match (The Sun)
Leaving a Wiltshire court in June 2007 (The Sun)
With Susanna (The Daily Mail)

Last edited:
Guy does look like fun but he takes too much heat for the princes behavior sometimes. As if he influences it, I think they like his loyalty for sure.

Tom van Straubenzee
Tom, or Thomas, is the son of Alexander & Claire van Straubenzee of Kimpton, Hertfordshire.

Father Alexander was in the Army. Alexander & Claire had been on the guest list of the memorial service for Major Bruce Shand in September 2006. Alexander wrote an acclaimed piece for The Spectator, and reprinted in The Telegraph: The gate of Hell - Telegraph

Claire was formerly the organizer for the Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal.

Brother Henry died in a car-tree collision in December 2002. At the time of the crash, Henry had been on his gap year and set to work as a volunteer at a school in Uganda. He never got the chance to begin the commission, so after his death, his parents established a memorial trust is his name, which to this day raises money for the school. Prince William & Prince Harry have participated in fundraising schemes (i.e. polo tournaments) for the trust.
Henry Van Straubenzee Memorial Fund
DRINK-DRIVE CRASH KILLED PRINCE'S PAL - Get Wokingham
Henry had gained a place at Newcastle University, to study business management and also planned to train at Sandhurst Military Academy, like his father had done.

Tom & Henry, and another brother (Charlie) attended Ludgrove prep school with Princes William & Harry. The brothers attended Harrow School.

Tom accompanied Prince William in an official capacity on the prince's tour of New Zealand. If second to anyone, only to James Meade, he is nevertheless regarded as Prince William's oldest and most preferred sidekick. If the seating arrangements at the Concert for Diana are anything to judge by, he and Meade trump even the notorious Guy Pelly and the Tomlinsons in royal favour.

Tom is distant cousins with "City broker" William van Straubenzee, who was a lifelong friend of Diana, Princess of Wales. William's sister Philippa Whitaker hired Lady Diana Spencer as a nanny to her son Alexander.
William van Straubenzee - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (father?? of Diana's friend)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom