William and Harry's Friends

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The palace tried to set the record straight too, but that only added fuel to the fire.

Not to mention they were never single at the same time. When William met her she was in a longterm relationship, by the time they broke up, William was already in a longterm relationship with Catherine. Even if they were interested in dating (which I doubt), there was never an opportunity.

For royal watchers the William/Jecca ship, is the favorite ship that never left the harbor. With honorable mentions to the docked ships of Pippa/George Percy, and Chelsy/Jacobi.

I don't know...how many relationships have the media put Harry in, because he was seen with a female friend? When William was younger, the press was looking for a young girl to pair him with. Jecca was perfect in their eyes and there you have it.

I can tell you what girl I knew was his actual girlfriend though. It was a young girl spotted with him on a skiing trip many years ago. I think her name was Kate Middleton, ;)

Well, I don't know but I thought that Jecca was seen with William many times. Didn't he even fly to Africa to visit her? I read that he remained close friend with her, and that he even brought Kate along with him to visit Jecca's home. Perhaps, that's made-up stuff.

I don't know where you read in my post that I was hinting at Jecca as the "Camilla" of William:eek:. I didn't insinuate that she was his lover, merely that I thought she was one of William's first relationships, before meeting Kate.I think you got a little carried away:flowers:

Or Jecca and William could have been just platonic friends. Sort like Harry and Hermione in the Harry Potter Books. The palace denied a relationship after the Windsor 21st birthday party. Also you aren't bring your girlfriend to propose to the ex girlfriend's family lodge in Africa.

The press have made up things in the past and they end up getting past along as fact such Carole Middleton meeting the Queen at Sandhurst passing out and using unposh vocabulary but we now know that the Middletons didn't meet the Queen until after Kate was engaged. Or Katie Nichols Otto the dog eating the earrings story which we know the Middletons don't even have a dog named Otto.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

True.
Wonder if the Cambridges will stay friendly with Melissa Percy too?
Or does Tom get the friends?

( I read someplace that Melissa and Kate never really warmed up to one another, because Kate was close to Sophie).

Where the Cambridges even friends with Melissa Percy before Tom? She is Chelsy's BF so Harry would have known her before. George Percy was Pippa's college roommate so he had Middleton connections.

Did Melissa go to Charlotte's christening? The godparents footage with their spouses wasn't as good as the footage from George's? Or where they already split then?

True.

( I read someplace that Melissa and Kate never really warmed up to one another, because Kate was close to Sophie).

I never got the vibe that Catherine was that close to the Percy family. She didn’t attend either Percy daughter’s wedding. And when William and Catherine were to tour Newcastle, they were to stay overnight at Alnwick with the Percys. When William canceled to attend his nanny’s funeral, Catherine opted to stay at a hotel instead during her tour. This shows me it was William who had wanted to spend the night with the Percys, not Catherine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Please note that posts about the the surnames of the BRF as well how Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge is referred to in the press have been deleted as off topic.

Any and all additional off topic posts will be deleted without notice.

Where the Cambridges even friends with Melissa Percy before Tom? She is Chelsy's BF so Harry would have known her before. George Percy was Pippa's college roommate so he had Middleton connections.

Did Melissa go to Charlotte's christening? The godparents footage with their spouses wasn't as good as the footage from George's? Or where they already split then?

Yes she was at Charlotte's christening
Melissa Percy Photos - The Christening of Princess Charlotte of Cambridge - Zimbio

Considering Kate was eight months pregnant at the time of Melissa's wedding it isn't that surprising she didn't attend the wedding.

There were pictures of Kate and Melissa Percy together over the years on the sidelines of the polo fields.
The DM is obviously rubbish - Sophie Carter apparently has a boyfriend.

From various reports it seems that Tom is quite wild and i guess you could make assumptions on the divorce being being on "unreasonable behaviour" grounds - he does like to party quite a lot

Missy is very good friends with the Eugiene

There were pictures of Kate and Melissa Percy together over the years on the sidelines of the polo fields.
The DM is obviously rubbish - Sophie Carter apparently has a boyfriend.

From various reports it seems that Tom is quite wild and i guess you could make assumptions on the divorce being being on "unreasonable behaviour" grounds - he does like to party quite a lot

The pictures of Missy and Catherine always coincided with Tom being present along with William. Do you have any examples where it was just Catherine and Missy, without their husbands? I can’t think of any.

Also, Missy Percy is rather wild herself. Remember those pictures of her drunk, disheveled and shoeless, while she was speaking to Harry outside a Brompton club. She was having trouble standing up.

The British press has described her in the past as a “dancing on the table’ kind of girl”. Wild attracts wild.

Who knows what 'unreasonable behavior' means. It's so vague it could mean almost anything, unless English law has a list of behaviors that fall into that category.

LaRae

Who knows what 'unreasonable behavior' means. It's so vague it could mean almost anything, unless English law has a list of behaviors that fall into that category.

LaRae

I would take it to mean behavior that is causing great stress and upset to her. Drink,drugs,other women, domestic abuse !!

Well, their longtime romance was said to have broken up about a year before their wedding for several months because of another woman in a nightclub so perhaps the same thing happened again. Who knows!

I would take it to mean behavior that is causing great stress and upset to her. Drink,drugs,other women, domestic abuse !!

Not so, it's merely the common explanation for wanting a divorce.
It's the reason given for most divorces.

It's the UK equivalent of the USA's Irreconcilable Differences.

LaRae

As Justice Potter Stewart said of obscenity, "I know it when I see it." A wife (or husband) knows unreasonable behavior when she sees it. It's usually something a bit more consequential than failing to pick up dirty socks or forgetting to put the lid down!

True.

In those circles it is very common to 'stay friendly' w/ exs and exs' friends. Consider Andrew Parker Bowles - he and Princess Anne remained friends after they broke up and he is one of Zara's godfathers. He and Prince Charles remained friends even though it was known in their circle that Charles and his wife were an item, indeed Andrew and his second wife Rosemary attended Charles and Camilla's wedding.
I don't think Lady Melissa is especially close to the Cambridges, so I expect they'll see more of Tom post divorce, but they won't take sides or shun her, she'll find someone else (Harry?:ROFLMAO:) he'll find someone else and they'll all continue to socialize amicably IMO.

In those circles it is very common to 'stay friendly' w/ exs and exs' friends. Consider Andrew Parker Bowles - he and Princess Anne remained friends after they broke up and he is one of Zara's godfathers. He and Prince Charles remained friends even though it was known in their circle that Charles and his wife were an item, indeed Andrew and his second wife Rosemary attended Charles and Camilla's wedding.
I don't think Lady Melissa is especially close to the Cambridges, so I expect they'll see more of Tom post divorce, but they won't take sides or shun her, she'll find someone else (Harry?:ROFLMAO:) he'll find someone else and they'll all continue to socialize amicably IMO.

I keep seeing suggestions that she is right for Harry!

I don't know; could he really marry a divorcee?

His father did.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

The fact is she is Chelsy Davy's best friend probably takes her out of the running with Harry. In theory, they could get married in Scotland like Anne & Tim or like Charles and Camilla with a civil service followed by a blessing.

As we’ve seen with Princess Madeleine/Jonas Bergstrom/Stephanie af Klercker, close friendships don't stop a person from falling for their bff’s ex.

Besides, is dating your friend’s ex any worse than dating your sibling’s ex - like Sarah Spencer and Diana.

The fact is she is Chelsy Davy's best friend probably takes her out of the running with Harry. In theory, they could get married in Scotland like Anne & Tim or like Charles and Camilla with a civil service followed by a blessing.

They wouldnt have to marry in Scotland. Anne and Tim had to because at the time of their marriage, the Anglican church didn't allow divorcees to remarry in their church. The church of Scotland did.

Charles and Camilla could have, having married in 2005. The Anglican church of England started allowing divorcees to mary at the discretion of the clergy. But there was still some controversy as Charles is the future head of the church. They chose to minimalize that by marrying civilly and then having a
church blessing from the archbishop after.

Harry is not the future king. If he chose to marry a divorcee there would not be the same controversy as with Charles.

Of course he can his father did and he's going to be king

Of course he can his father did and he's going to be king

Nah, she's not right for Harry in the long term. Missy would make a good girlfriend (although I would find the Missy/Chelsy/Harry connection a bit off-putting).

The woman I see for Harry would be one with intelligence - a college degree and involved in some activity requiring brains. Such as commerce or self-employed.

I can't see him hooking up w/an aristocratic party girl of any sort (no to the Harbords, Percys, etc.)

Really? How interesting! Jecca and her husband managed to keep that quiet! Belated congratulations to them!

6 months old. So they became engaged when she was about 2 months pregnant. That makes a little more sense, since their engagement always seemed so abrupt. She hadn't gone public with him like her previous beaus, and then boom!, engaged.

Congrats, to the happy family of three!

Back
Top Bottom