Who Would You Choose - William or Harry?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Empress Merel said:
Isn't a degree in Art considered one of the laziest degrees one can get?

History of Art is apparently.

Isn't Williams degree An MA in geography? It is his wife who has a degree in history of Art.

From what I've heard, it not actually easy (or lazy). You have to remember minute details about art work - style, artist, date, museum/location, dimensions, etc. So unless you're really interested in that sort of stuff or have a really good memory, it's not a walk in the park. It's also pretty essay heavy. I've heard the bulk of the classes revolve around writing lots of long essays. So while some may find it easier, others will struggle.

Didn't William change his major from art history to geography?

Last edited:
Didn't William change his major from art history to geography?

He did, soapstar, with many suggesting that he found the History of Art course too challenging. Others suggest he changed course because he was one of only a very small number of males on the HoA course and found being the only man in tutorials etc. rather uncomfortable given that lots of girls had gone to St. Andrews hoping to snare Prince William.

Having a degree does not make you "educated". A degree in Art and still "Faberge eggs are still made"? Remember? uhh:whistling:

Kate's degree is in History of Art which is by no means a Mickey Mouse degree. It's not aeronautical engineering, but it's not easy. The entry requirement for HofA at St. Andrews is AAB which is very, very high. Just getting in to study the course is very difficult.

Oh, and Kate's question re the Faberge eggs was actually very apt, because Faberge eggs are indeed still made. In fact, they made a beautiful brand new one for the Queen's Diamond Jubilee:

http://www.faberge.com/news/80-1millionforcharity.aspxFaberge Jubilee Egg Raises £1 million for Charity

When you're going to insult someone's intelligence, it's best to make sure you've got your facts straight first.

Definitely William; he seems more mature.

Well, let's see...I wouldn't want William, as his uni degree isn't good enough and I wouldn't want Harry...for a thousand other reasons.

Remember that old saying, when you sleep with someone you're sleeping with every person they ever slept with. YUK.

MODS: Remove if you feel it isn't relevant. Thx.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Kate's degree is in History of Art which is by no means a Mickey Mouse degree. It's not aeronautical engineering, but it's not easy. The entry requirement for HofA at St. Andrews is AAB which is very, very high. Just getting in to study the course is very difficult.

Oh, and Kate's question re the Faberge eggs was actually very apt, because Faberge eggs are indeed still made. In fact, they made a beautiful brand new one for the Queen's Diamond Jubilee:

Faberge Jubilee Egg Raises £1 million for Charity

When you're going to insult someone's intelligence, it's best to make sure you've got your facts straight first.

William sat for the entrance exam to Eton College and was admitted. There he studied geography, biology and history of art at A-Level, obtaining an A in geography, a C in biology and a B in history of art. Not being familiar with UK grading standards, I'm wondering how William got accepted to HoA. Anyway, with his chosen career, he was wise to switch to Geography.

Last edited:
He did, soapstar, with many suggesting that he found the History of Art course too challenging. Others suggest he changed course because he was one of only a very small number of males on the HoA course and found being the only man in tutorials etc. rather uncomfortable given that lots of girls had gone to St. Andrews hoping to snare Prince William.

One of them married him in fact.

I am telling facts as they happened. The question was not if the eggs were being made for special occasions but if they were STILL made. It is quite silly to ask about REAL Faberge eggs being made if you have a degree in Art. And the Queen perfectly understood her sily question and answered accordingly: No, copies!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14257114

The worst thing is she didn´t make anything with her degree.

Last edited:
Getting back to the topic of this thread, I'd say definitely Harry. Even despite his latest adventure (and as a fairly conservative person, I'm not impressed), he's the same likeable and nice guy as ever. Harry seems genuine - something I really value.

William is probably a very good and responsible person, but he leaves me cold: I don't mean this as a criticism, but there is something very detached about him, something akin to arrogance. At least, that's my impression, although it can be totally and completely false.

^ It's still Harry for me, regardless of his recent adventure. I've been to Vegas for a friends 21st birthday and what happened with Harry is pretty common. Had this been anyone else who doesn't have HRH in front of their names this wouldn't be news.

Thanks for that info, EIIR.

Neither one is my type - I don't find either one of them attractive, but I'd have to pick William. Harry's antics and immaturity don't do it for me. He's probably a nice person, but I think (right now), he'd make a terrible boyfriend.

William is more guarded, but I don't think that makes him less genuine. I've seen some interviews where he has really shown his fun side. I imagine if the roles were reversed, Harry would be less "fun" and more serious, while William would be less guarded.

Last edited:
William sat for the entrance exam to Eton College and was admitted. There he studied geography, biology and history of art at A-Level, obtaining an A in geography, a C in biology and a B in history of art. Not being familiar with UK grading standards, I'm wondering how William got accepted to HoA. Anyway, with his chosen career, he was wise to switch to Geography.

Entrance requirements can change on a yearly basis, or depending on your other academic qualifications. The entrance requirements for my law degree were AAB, but because I got AAAA in my AS Levels (the year before A Levels), they told me that I only had to get ABB to get in. The entry requirement this year is AAA.

William may have had a fourth AS Level to use towards the entrance requirements, or maybe fewer people attained the AAB that year and so St. Andrews took some students who hadn't quite got there.

Rosana said:

One of them married him in fact.

I am telling facts as they happened. The question was not if the eggs were being made for special occasions but if they were STILL made. It is quite silly to ask about REAL Faberge eggs being made if you have a degree in Art. And the Queen perfectly understood her sily question and answered accordingly: No, copies!

BBC News - Queen overheard criticising Duchess wedding dress display

The worst thing is she didn´t make anything with her degree.

Where is the proof that Kate went to St. Andrews to nab William? Other than the totally untrue rumour that Kate had a poster of him on her wall?

Re: Faberge. They're not just made for special occasions; new small versions are made for necklaces by Faberge and sold through a number of Faberge outlets. Members of Carl Faberge's family are part of the company and take part in the design process. So in this instance the Queen was incorrect, as the answer to Kate's question is that, yes, Faberge eggs are still being made.

Where is the proof that Kate went to St. Andrews to nab William? Other than the totally untrue rumour that Kate had a poster of him on her wall?

Re: Faberge. They're not just made for special occasions; new small versions are made for necklaces by Faberge and sold through a number of Faberge outlets. Members of Carl Faberge's family are part of the company and take part in the design process. So in this instance the Queen was incorrect, as the answer to Kate's question is that, yes, Faberge eggs are still being made.

Original Faberge eggs like the ones exhibited (Imperial Easter eggs) there are not made anynore! And the question refrred to those ones"!

The exhibition includes paintings by Rembrandt, Canaletto and Monet, drawings by Leonardo, Michelangelo, Raphael and Holbein, and Imperial Easter Eggs by Fabergé. "Royal Treasures: A Diamond Jubilee Celebration" has opened its doors for public display at the Palace of Holyroodhouse from 16 March, 2012 and will run till 4 November, 2012.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/articles/3...s-display-queen-elizabeth-diamond-jubilee.htm

A simple source like Wikipedia can enlighted you on this subject.

'Fabergé egg' typically refers to products made by the company before the 1917 Revolution, but use of the Fabergé name has occasionally been disputed, and the trademark has been sold several times since the Fabergé family left Russia after 1917 (see House of Fabergé), so several companies have subsequently retailed egg-related merchandise using the Fabergé name

As the Queen said: who could afford them?

As for the source, What is your proof than other girls went ther to nab PW and KW didn´t? Guess who also went on atrip to Chile on her the gap year?

Royal Wedding 2011: When Kate Middleton followed in Prince William's footsteps to Chile | Mail Online

Last edited:
The topic of this thread is not Catherine nor is it Faberge eggs.

Let's get back on topic...who would you pick....William or Harry.

Without a doubt my choice would be William. I think he's probably as close to the ideal heir to the heir to the throne as is possible in the 21st Century. He got a good education, he's interested in charitable causes, he's served his country in a job that puts his own safety at risk, he has a close group of friends who are very loyal and supportive of him. He's clearly no push-over, and has fought against being treated like a 'commodity' within the Firm - his frustration at Charles holding meetings with advisors to try and plan William's career and future when he turned 18 with no input from William himself, suggests that he wants to take responsibility for his own life.

When I was at school William was considered the hottest guy in the world. I was a couple of years behind William and I know several girls from my school who went to uni at St. Andrews in the hope of maybe meeting William. He was truly a pin up for a while.

Harry is probably more physically attractive at this point, and you'd probably have more of a laugh with him. But I think that's because Harry can get away with a whole lot more than William can. Harry comes across as less weighted down with expectation than William, but that's because there is a lower expectation of him than William. Harry's obviously lacking in terms of maturity and good old common sense, and that would really frustrate me.

William as I was thinking the same as EIIR

Just as an aside, I wouldn't want to be married to either of these two in a million years. Much as it would be nice to have tiaras and be driven around in chauffeur driven cars (imagine never having to look for a parking space ever again!), I would just go stark raving bonkers if I had to live under the level of scrutiny that they do.

Kate can't go to Tescos without people taking pictures of her and selling them to the papers. I would just hate that kind of life; always looking over my shoulder, never trusting anyone, not being able to go anywhere without police protection officers; and as if that isn't enough you'd have to live like that for essentially the rest of your life. No amount of money would make up for that.

:previous:
That I completely agree with.
Much as I like the royals (and I'd give a LOT to get access to the jewellery), I'd never marry Harry and especially William, even if I were madly in love.
The moment you marry a royal (especially one as famous as them), you stop being an individual and turn into some sort of a public property. Thanks, but no thanks.

Last edited:
Politicians and movie stars/musicians can make the decision to basically withdraw from public life. They can retire and more or less live privately. Plus, it wouldn't be so bad marrying a royal who was less well-known. The problem with William and Harry now is that they're probably among the most recognisable people in the world and so they're going to attract a certain level of attention wherever they are. I really don't envy them or their significant others.

Politicians and movie stars/musicians can make the decision to basically withdraw from public life. They can retire and more or less live privately. Plus, it wouldn't be so bad marrying a royal who was less well-known. The problem with William and Harry now is that they're probably among the most recognisable people in the world and so they're going to attract a certain level of attention wherever they are. I really don't envy them or their significant others.

I believe that is pretty much why the Harry Chelsy relationship didn't work. So if she had to choose, she didn't pick Harry. I think the William Catherine wedding was the straw for her, she realized that Harry came w/ a lot of royal baggage. No small wedding, no life in Africa, just a lot of formality and answering to the British public.

So she picked herself.

I have to agree with you guys and Chelsy as well.

I'd prefer to already be a royal and someone marry me ;)

Harry is the better looking one imo, so based on only the physical I am going for him, despite the fact that I don't like guys with red hair. But if someone came to me and said I could marry any Prince/royal in Europe, WnH would not be in my top 5.

I would pick Harry because he is handsome. But I think he should shave his beard. I loved him without his beard lol :ROFLMAO: :flowers: :future: :onering: :princess3:

What kind of question is this? One should pick one or another based on looks, empathy etc? It looks like it is a beauty contest. lol.

Harry better looking??? Good lord, he's downright plain with the goofy face, the spikey red hair.. WIlliam's lost his hair and lost a lot of his good looks, but he did have them. Personally I don't care for either of them.
Will's good looks come wit a dull personality. harry's dull too, not very bright and haphazard and I find all the stuff about his "she is goig to marry him. Oh no she's not" roamnces very tiresome..

Harry has a cheeky, vital quality that transcends conventional good looks, even though he's now balding. He also has a little gap between his (small) teeth that is very cute. He doesn't have the Windsor gnashers, and also has a great physique. So, it's Harry all the way for me! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom