Van Cutsem Family

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The only Van Cutsem's visible in attendance were Edward, Tamara and Hugh.

William was definitely there too. You can see him in many of the pics. Zembla, doesn't it say in the Tatler article that William is dating Jecca Craig?
Also Emilie, their mom, was definitely there. There was a pic of her arriving at the concert and you can see her in some of the pics in the rows.

Tatler says William is now dating a girl called Rosie Ruck Keane, she's 24. She's not that cute...her face looks alittle old. :ermm: But apparently she was spotted at Mahiki with both the Wills after the prince supposedly split with Kate back in April.

Jecca was positioned right near Hugh at the Diana concert...if he was dating Jecca, I don't know why dumped her cause she's so beautiful.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jecca was positioned right near Hugh at the Diana concert...if he was dating Jecca, I don't know why dumped her cause she's so beautiful.

I know she is really pretty huh? :D Her eyes are exotic. Thanks for answering though. Yeah, now that you mention that Rosie Keane, I think I vaguely remember the picture. She was okay I think but not striking.

Didn't Prince William used to date Jecca too?

Apparently so, indeed. The common scoop is that they met in Kenya when he worked on her daddy's game reserve during his gap year, and the rumor is that they even had a "pretend engagement". Google her name. You will find it all. ;)

Does anyone know anything about Rosie Ruck-Keene apart from being William van Cutsem's girlfriend?

e dont know what she's like. she might have a really sparkling personality. all i really know about her is that she seems to prefer geriatric unflattering outfitis. but that's easily remedied.

i've read that they've known each since childhood. that's a good foundation for a happy marriage.

Does anyone know anything about Rosie Ruck-Keene apart from being William van Cutsem's girlfriend?

Not really. One sees her name crop up in Tatler Little Black Book and tabloid stories about William's friends. For example:
ROSIE RUCK KEENE: An old and trusted friend who William partied with on Friday night as the split became public. The pair danced at Mahiki, but were with her boyfriend William van Cutsem.
Source: The Daily Mirror

Apparently she ran for a charity marathon in Dublin and plays polo.... As for pics of her, there is only the pic in the Tatler issue for October 2007 that I know of. I don't actually have the issue, though. I just perused through it in a bookstore.

BTW, several posts upward, I asked a question about the van Cutsem heritage. I wasn't sure whether they are Belgian or Dutch by descent. But I found out for sure, kelly9480 is right: Their heritage is definitely Belgian.

Maybe this isn't the place to ask, if it isn't sorry feel free to delete this, but does anyone have any pictures of the Grosvenor family? I really want to see some current pics of Tamara's younger siblings and the Duke and Duchess. Is there a thread just on Grosvneors?

There was a lot of snickering and speculation a the time of their engagement as his friends said that he always preferred model-type girlfriends, and all of a sudden he's engaged to Tamara who is evidently a very sweet and unaffected person. Only time will tell...

Well, Tamara is the daughter of one of the riches men in Great Britain.. ;-)

I have never been impressed with this family...hangers-on all of them right up to the parents.

Hugh and Rose van Cutsem had their first son and second child, Rafe Michael Waldorf on February 12th 2009.
Daughter Grace was born on August 18th 2007.

:previous:

his younger brother recently got engaged

The engagement was announced 13 January, 2009, between Captain
Nicholas van Cutsem, (b 13 Apr 1977), son of Hugh
Bernard Edward van Cutsem (b 1941), by his
wife the former Jonkyrouwe Emilie van Ufford, & Alice C. Hadden-Paton,
eldest daughter of Mr and Mrs Nigel Hadden-Paton, of Cattistock,
Dorset..—

Perhaps I'm confused.....but when did the Van Custems become part of the British Royal Family? Have I missed something of significance?

:previous: The parents are close friends of Charles and Camilla, William and Harry are close friends of the boys. Charles is godparent to Edward and William is godparent to Edwards son.

The family van Cutsem is well-known is Belgium. Of course if one of them married Tamara the Duke od Westminster's daughter , they are now close of the British Royal family , altough Prince William did not look that happy !

:previous:
I wouldn't say the Van Cutsem's are that close to the BRF because of Tamara's wedding to Edward. I would actual say they are further apart because of that wedding, the controversy over simple seating arrangments, was follwed by a falling out I believe between Hugh Sr and Charles.

:flowers:

I always thought william van cutsem looked cute!! anyone knows what job he has???

Just some information about Emilie van Cutsem, née Jonkvrouwe (untitled nobility) Quarles van Ufford. Her family is deeply rooted in the Dutch nobility, her eldest sister Wilhelmine married a baron Tuyll van Serooskerken while her other sister Julia married a jonkheer van Vredenburch, Lord of Waardenburg and Neerijnen.

Here the family genealogy: Descendants of Jhr. Louis Jacques Quarles van Ufford 1796-1872 . Also a lot of family relations with the patriciate, esp. those of the former Dutch East Indies. There are also links to the royal court and in national politics.

The family traditionally comes from the province of Zeeland, in the South West of the country. A member of another branch of this family, Jonkheer Johan Willem Quarles van Ufford was commissionair of the Queen when WWII broke out, and he tried to fight on as long as possible on the Dutch soil, even after the capitulation! On 13 March 1945 he was the first person to welcome Queen Wilhelmina on Dutch soil again.

Last edited:
I find William van Cutsem cute too :)
He's an investment manager for the Pigeon East of England Property LP.
Pigeon

Posts concerning the wedding have been moved to the Wedding thread.

I was wondering if anyone had any information on Lady Arran, nee van Cutsem? I believe she is Eleanor, eldest daughter of Bernard van Cutsem, married to Arthur Colquhoun Gore.

This is from the thepeerage.com

Eleanor van Cutsem was born on 28 May 1949. She is the daughter of Bernard Henry Richard van Cutsem and Lady Margaret Fortescue.1,2 She married Arthur Desmond Colquhoun Gore, 9th Earl of Arran of the Arran Islands, son of Arthur Strange Kattendyke David Archibald Gore, 8th Earl of Arran of the Arran Islands and Fiona Bryde Colquhoun, on 28 September 1974.1
Eleanor van Cutsem also went by the nick-name of Nell.3 Her married name became Gore. She was invested as a Member, Order of the British Empire (M.B.E.) in June 2008.4

Children of Eleanor van Cutsem and Arthur Desmond Colquhoun Gore, 9th Earl of Arran of the Arran Islands

Is this Eleanor, Countess of Arran the sister of Old Hugh VC?

Hugh and Rose van Cutsem had their first son and second child, Rafe Michael Waldorf on February 12th 2009.
Daughter Grace was born on August 18th 2007.

And little Grace was most recently a young bridemaid at the wedding of TRH the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge.

Did Tamara and Edward ever have children...you never hear about them! I wonder what's going on there...

Back
Top Bottom