Trooping the Colour 2003-2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I saw a clip where the Sussexes left the palace in a carriage Harry gave a salute and Meghan bowed her head. What was the significance? Why wasn't Jack, Eugenie's fiance, in a carriage since he and Eugenie are going to be married this October? And, a guardsman of Indian heritage wore a turban instead of a bear fur hat in the parade.

Last edited:
I have searched in vain for a good photo of the Duke of Kent in the carriage with Harry and Meghan. Poor man was cropped out of almost every photo haha!

I think it's lovely that Her Majesty was flanked by Charles and Andrew this year. But it was odd to see Camilla relegated to the back row.

In fact it really depends on the angle, but there was clearly a happy and chatty group just behind the Queen, including Sophie, Beatrice, Camilla, Meghan and Harry :

Last edited:
I hope the Field Marshall, Lord Guthrie, is okay. He became ill and fell off his horse. He’s in the hospital now.

Most likely the one you were pointing out is Estella Taylor (13 years old). Youngest daughter of Lady Helen Taylor, the only daughter of the Duke of Kent. Her sister Eloise (15) was standing next to her.

If you watched it live there was good interaction between everyone. They all seem close or at least very friendly with each other.

I hope the Field Marshall, Lord Guthrie, is okay. He became ill and fell off his horse. He’s in the hospital now.

Yes, apparently onlookers saw him ailing for quite a while before he collapsed off his horse. Hopefully, he just became overheated in his uniform and fainted instead of having a stroke or heart attack.

I do find it annoying that some are saying 'he was thrown from his horse', as the horse was a total professional. To put blame on the horse for his fall seems incredibly unfair.

It's really nice to see how they made sure that Andrew could shine on this very special day for him: his first Trooping the Colour as a colonel of a household division.

Last edited:
It's really nice to see how they made sure that Andrew could shine on this very special day for him; his first as a colonel of a household division.

Thank you so much for this explanation ! I was quite puzzled by the prominent place of Andrew today.
Now it makes sense !

Has Harry been made a royal colonel yet?

Yes, recently he took one over from his grandfather (many people expected him to wear that uniform on his wedding day) but it's not a household division, so no special role at Trooping the Colour.

No. All Colonels of the Guards Regiments are in post.

He had been made Captain General of the Royal Marines - not part of the Household Division.

No. But there are rumors he will take over the Life Guards next year from Lord Guthrie, the man who fainted/passed out today off his horse.

Last edited:
Great catching up on the parade. Nice to see Harry finally no longer the 'tag along prince'. He gets to sit with his wife in their carriage instead of having to tag along, riding backwards, with his stepmother and sister in law.

True, but why didn't the Duke of Kent ride with the Queen, instead of with the Sussexes?
HM looked rather lonely, imo.

I saw Prince Richard on the far left of the balcony.

I found it a little sad to see the Queen alone in her carriage. I’m sure she was content enough. I had thought maybe the Duke of Kent would ride with her as he sits with her on the dais.

It was nice to see the Duchess of Kent on the balcony,we see too little of her.

Has anyone seen a photo of the balcony in Horse Guards Parade during the Trooping? Normally we see some of the Royals there, such at the Duchess of Cambridge from memory.

Has anyone seen a photo of the balcony in Horse Guards Parade during the Trooping? Normally we see some of the Royals there, such at the Duchess of Cambridge from memory.

PA have a few more:
https://www.paimages.co.uk/image-details/2.36916661
https://www.paimages.co.uk/image-details/2.36916585
https://www.paimages.co.uk/image-details/2.36916444

:flowers:

Back
Top Bottom