Trooping the Colour 2003-2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Eugenie and her family watching the fly past
https://www.instagram.com/p/CeT2hf5o5ln/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

If you swipe to the right there is a video with others watching with them.

They're on the roof of St James's Palace/Clarence House looking east. You can see the west front of Marlborough House in the left hand side of the first picture.

The full parade. With the added bonus of no commentary:

From 1.03 - "When Irish eyes are smiling" ?

And HM in St Patrick's blue.

Last edited:
They're on the roof of St James's Palace/Clarence House looking east. You can see the west front of Marlborough House in the left hand side of the first picture.

The full parade. With the added bonus of no commentary:

From 1.03 - "When Irish eyes are smiling" ?

And HM in St Patrick's blue.

Thank you for sharing the link!:flowers:

Incredibly impressed by the fly past when the jets created a "70" while in flight.

I think the Duke of Kent left Horse Guards a bit earlier as he was joining the Queen on the balcony for when she took the salute and that's why he wasn't in a carriage but there was room for Alexandra in the third one.

Maybe more comfortable for her to go by car, possibly the same for the Duke of Kent.

This day has given me so many waves of goosepumps. Such incredible, such emotional, such historical.

I think the Duke of Kent left Horse Guards a bit earlier as he was joining the Queen on the balcony for when she took the salute and that's why he wasn't in a carriage but there was room for Alexandra in the third one.

I wonder whether Alexandra stayed at BP to keep HM company? They are known to be very close. The Duke of Kent as a military man would likely really want to be at horseguards to see the Trooping properly while his sister may be more inclined to sit and watch at BP with her cousin.

It's wonderful how the Duke of Kent, who previously also joined the queen for these occasions after the Duke of Edinburgh retired, was there again today to support his cousin on the balcony. In this sense he has been the 'replacement' of her husband. I am sure the queen is very appreciative of her cousin's loyal service.

Is there a definitive list of the members of the Royal Family who were at the Trooping of the Colour?

From the CC:

The Prince of Wales was accompanied by The Duke of Cambridge (Colonel, Irish Guards) and The Princess Royal (Gold Stick and Colonel, The Blues and Royals, Royal Horse Guards and 1st Dragoons).

The Duchess of Cornwall, The Duchess of Cambridge with Prince George of Cambridge, Princess Charlotte of Cambridge and Prince Louis of Cambridge, The Duke and Duchess of Sussex, Princess Beatrice, Mrs Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi and Mr Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi, Princess Eugenie, Mrs Jack Brooksbank and Mr Jack Brooksbank, The Earl and Countess of Wessex with The Lady Louise Mountbatten-Windsor and Viscount Severn, The Duke and Duchess of Gloucester, The Duke of Kent (Colonel, Scots Guards), Prince and Princess Michael of Kent, Princess Alexandra, the Hon Lady Ogilvy, Vice-Admiral Sir Tim Laurence and other Members of the Royal Family drove to Horse Guards Parade and witnessed The Queen’s Birthday Parade.

On arrival at Buckingham Palace, The Queen’s Guard entered the Forecourt and formed up opposite the Old Guard, the remaining Guards marching past Her Majesty, accompanied by The Duke of Kent.

From the CC:

The Prince of Wales was accompanied by The Duke of Cambridge (Colonel, Irish Guards) and The Princess Royal (Gold Stick and Colonel, The Blues and Royals, Royal Horse Guards and 1st Dragoons).

The Duchess of Cornwall, The Duchess of Cambridge with Prince George of Cambridge, Princess Charlotte of Cambridge and Prince Louis of Cambridge, The Duke and Duchess of Sussex, Princess Beatrice, Mrs Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi and Mr Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi, Princess Eugenie, Mrs Jack Brooksbank and Mr Jack Brooksbank, The Earl and Countess of Wessex with The Lady Louise Mountbatten-Windsor and Viscount Severn, The Duke and Duchess of Gloucester, The Duke of Kent (Colonel, Scots Guards), Prince and Princess Michael of Kent, Princess Alexandra, the Hon Lady Ogilvy, Vice-Admiral Sir Tim Laurence and other Members of the Royal Family drove to Horse Guards Parade and witnessed The Queen’s Birthday Parade.

On arrival at Buckingham Palace, The Queen’s Guard entered the Forecourt and formed up opposite the Old Guard, the remaining Guards marching past Her Majesty, accompanied by The Duke of Kent.

Princess Anne’s family were there. And I would say many more. There were many many people in a Eugenie’s video. Including, I think, Wolfie.

I would imagine that if they were down there that Charles would have have hosted a family lunch.

I wonder whether Alexandra stayed at BP to keep HM company? They are known to be very close. The Duke of Kent as a military man would likely really want to be at horseguards to see the Trooping properly while his sister may be more inclined to sit and watch at BP with her cousin.

I would imagine so. I mean I would. I would imagine some other members may have stayed too.

Princess Anne’s family were there. And I would say many more. There were many many people in a Eugenie’s video. Including, I think, Wolfie.

I would imagine that if they were down there that Charles would have have hosted a family lunch.

The list I gave was the official list as approved by The Queen and recorded in the CC.

At events like this there are often others present but this is the official list.

Forgive me if this was mentioned before, but is it known why Princess Alexandra did make it to the balcony but her brother Prince Michael did not?

The balcony seems rather filled up with the present group btw, it makes you wonder how they ever were able to fit 3 times as much people without anybody falling off.

He is not a working royal. Instead of going by who is or isn't a royal highness (which they did for the list of attendance today) they only included senior working members of the royal family and their immediate family (spouses and dependent children). And just like the York-princesses, prince and princess Michael are not considered working members of the royal family even though they occasionally attend events and have some patronages.

It was lovely to see Prince Louis - is this his first official engagement?

No, it wasn't. He has been at the balcony before and last year attended an official health care workers 'thank you' event.

That's all part of the 'and other members of the royal family'. For some reason they decided to go by the order of succession -except for Timothy Laurence who wasn't placed after the Wessexes (according to his' spouse's position in the line of succession but ended up at the end of the list) - and only included Royal Highnesses and their spouses and dependent children.

Last edited:
It was a great beginning to an incredible historic occasion. The working royals looked impeccable and represented the Queen well. The Cambridge children were precious (not just Louis). I was very impressed with how composed and poised Lady Louise was - she is a beautiful young lady and it was very nice to see James.

The Queen is incredible. I never would have guessed that she was not feeling well. She seemed relaxed, happy and at peace. She must have missed her husband dearly but she just keeps going. I hope that she will recuperate quickly and be able to attend a few other of the momentous events.

I had to laugh when Charlotte smacked Louis on the hand because he was waving too much. Poor little Louis! And how absolutely lovely to see the Queen bending down to talk to Louis on the balcony, and point out the flypast.

I enjoyed both moments. I also liked when he stepped in front of the Queen to get to Charles and/or Camilla. I bet he is a real handful at home.

No, it wasn't. He has been at the balcony before and last year attended an official health care workers 'thank you' event.

This is the first time that Prince Louis has undertaken an official engagement i.e. one that is noted in the CC.

I checked my records for last year and he did no official engagements.

George and Charlotte have only appeared in the CC once before this year's Trooping and that was Prince Philip's memorial service.

Although the children have been on the balcony before they haven't been listed as attending Trooping until this year.

Back
Top Bottom