The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #1841  
Old 06-06-2019, 01:02 AM
Osipi's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 16,725
Appearance on the balcony can go either way without there having to be any kind of explanation given to the public as to to reason. As was stated, Archie will be just over a month old and I don't think Meghan's reached that stage of motherhood yet where she craves being with people above a Sesame Street level.

We'll just watch and see what happens. It'll be nice to see all the Cambridge children on the balcony along with the rest of the British Royal Family. I'm hoping too that the Duke of Edinburgh will also be up there for this.
__________________

__________________
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. ~~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~~
Reply With Quote
  #1842  
Old 06-06-2019, 02:00 AM
MaiaMia_53's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 1,918
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
If Meghan isn't up for it, she won't be there. If she is, she will be there. It has nothing to do with Kate. And certainly Kate isn't the first one to attend Trooping while on maternity leave.
Exactly. That's what I said. Whatever decision is made has nothing to do with Kate, despite the references in the media.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #1843  
Old 06-06-2019, 02:25 AM
Dman's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 15,835
I’m hoping she’ll make an appearance at the parade.
__________________
"WE CANNOT PRAY IN LOVE AND LIVE IN HATE AND STILL THINK WE ARE WORSHIPING GOD."

A.W. TOZER
Reply With Quote
  #1844  
Old 06-06-2019, 06:18 AM
MARG's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand
Posts: 9,861
I believe she will try because each one is an occasion to cherish. Like it or not HM can't go on forever so you enjoy her milestones and celebrate with her.
__________________
MARG
"Words ought to be a little wild, for they are assaults of thoughts on the unthinking." - JM Keynes
Reply With Quote
  #1845  
Old 06-06-2019, 06:27 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Philadelphia, United States
Posts: 5,366
What about Lady Gabriella and Tom Kingston? Are they still honeymooning or will they be at Trooping?

That balcony is becoming very crowded.
Reply With Quote
  #1846  
Old 06-06-2019, 07:38 AM
Iluvbertie's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Bathurst, Australia
Posts: 13,212
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
What about Lady Gabriella and Tom Kingston? Are they still honeymooning or will they be at Trooping?

That balcony is becoming very crowded.
Which is why I suspect that many of those who currently appear there won't be there once Charles is King. I wouldn't be surprised if he limits it to only the HRH cousins of his mother and descendants of George VI or even only of descendants of his mother.

The optics are important and having the entire extended family up there makes people think they are all being supported by the British taxpayers. PR is important and so a cutting back on the numbers on that balcony would probably be a good thing going forward. After all how many people really know who most of these people are anyway?
Reply With Quote
  #1847  
Old 06-06-2019, 07:52 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Herefordshire, United Kingdom
Posts: 3,397
No reason why the extended family cannot attend 'the trooping', have drinks and Luncheon at Buckingham Palace, just not appear on the balcony - there being many other rooms on the East front from which they could see the crowds...
Reply With Quote
  #1848  
Old 06-06-2019, 09:12 AM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 2,534
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
What about Lady Gabriella and Tom Kingston? Are they still honeymooning or will they be at Trooping?

That balcony is becoming very crowded.
If they are not still on honeymoon I expect them to be there.
Reply With Quote
  #1849  
Old 06-06-2019, 09:28 AM
muriel's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: London / Guildford, United Kingdom
Posts: 10,503
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophie25 View Post
If they are not still on honeymoon I expect them to be there.
Has Ella been attending the last few years? ?
Reply With Quote
  #1850  
Old 06-06-2019, 09:37 AM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 2,534
Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Has Ella been attending the last few years? ?
Yes, she's barely missed it since childhood.
Reply With Quote
  #1851  
Old 06-06-2019, 09:59 AM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: many places, United States
Posts: 1,952
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
Which is why I suspect that many of those who currently appear there won't be there once Charles is King. I wouldn't be surprised if he limits it to only the HRH cousins of his mother and descendants of George VI or even only of descendants of his mother.
I will be surprised if, when Charles is King, he has that many appearing on balcony. I could picture only those officially of the Firm. His immediate family only. Charles, wife; William, wife; Harry, wife. plus his siblings and spouses. Even that is probably not what he actually wants. I can't picture any grandchild except maybe George when he is older. I remember once the Queen only had Philip, Charles and William on balcony with wives but I don't recall the occasion. I thought that was classy as just in line for the crown was respectfully acknowledged instead of all lumped together like sardines.
__________________
Forgiveness is the fragrance the violet shed on the heel that crushed it - Mark Twain
Reply With Quote
  #1852  
Old 06-06-2019, 01:11 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 765
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnie View Post
I will be surprised if, when Charles is King, he has that many appearing on balcony. I could picture only those officially of the Firm. His immediate family only. Charles, wife; William, wife; Harry, wife. plus his siblings and spouses. Even that is probably not what he actually wants. I can't picture any grandchild except maybe George when he is older. I remember once the Queen only had Philip, Charles and William on balcony with wives but I don't recall the occasion. I thought that was classy as just in line for the crown was respectfully acknowledged instead of all lumped together like sardines.
That was the Diamond Jubilee
https://www.etonline.com/sites/defau...?itok=ARGXmSlN
Reply With Quote
  #1853  
Old 06-06-2019, 01:23 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Paris, France
Posts: 282
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnie View Post
I will be surprised if, when Charles is King, he has that many appearing on balcony. I could picture only those officially of the Firm. His immediate family only. Charles, wife; William, wife; Harry, wife. plus his siblings and spouses. Even that is probably not what he actually wants. I can't picture any grandchild except maybe George when he is older. I remember once the Queen only had Philip, Charles and William on balcony with wives but I don't recall the occasion. I thought that was classy as just in line for the crown was respectfully acknowledged instead of all lumped together like sardines.
It was the Diamond Jubilee. Prince Philip wasn't there, he was in hospital.
On the balcony there were, the Queen, The Prince of Wales, the Duchess of Cornwall, the Duke and the Duchess of Cambridge, and Prince Harry of Wales. Back then, the UK Media were saying that it was the future of the monarchy there, the core of Che Firm
Reply With Quote
  #1854  
Old 06-06-2019, 01:45 PM
Dman's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 15,835
Quote:
Originally Posted by alvinking View Post
It was the Diamond Jubilee. Prince Philip wasn't there, he was in hospital.
On the balcony there were, the Queen, The Prince of Wales, the Duchess of Cornwall, the Duke and the Duchess of Cambridge, and Prince Harry of Wales. Back then, the UK Media were saying that it was the future of the monarchy there, the core of Che Firm
A part of me like seeing seeing the extended family on the balcony p, but there’s something more powerful by only seeing the major players on the balcony. That Diamond Jubilee balcony appearance was everything, IMO.
__________________
"WE CANNOT PRAY IN LOVE AND LIVE IN HATE AND STILL THINK WE ARE WORSHIPING GOD."

A.W. TOZER
Reply With Quote
  #1855  
Old 06-06-2019, 01:56 PM
Majesty
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Pittsburgh, United States
Posts: 7,229
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnie View Post
I will be surprised if, when Charles is King, he has that many appearing on balcony. I could picture only those officially of the Firm. His immediate family only. Charles, wife; William, wife; Harry, wife. plus his siblings and spouses. Even that is probably not what he actually wants. I can't picture any grandchild except maybe George when he is older. I remember once the Queen only had Philip, Charles and William on balcony with wives but I don't recall the occasion. I thought that was classy as just in line for the crown was respectfully acknowledged instead of all lumped together like sardines.



The logic would be to invite only those are official members of the Royal Family. According to the link posted here a while ago, that includes all descendants of King George VI (including Prince Margaret's descendants), plus the Queen's cousins who are grandchildren in male line of King George V. There is no point really to include the children and grandchildren of the Duke of Kent, the Duke of Gloucester, Princess Alexandra or Prince Michael as they are not considered members of the Royal Family.
Reply With Quote
  #1856  
Old 06-06-2019, 02:39 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Paris, France
Posts: 282
They could do what they do in Vatican after the election of a new pope. The main players (The Pope and seniors clerics) appears in the Loggia (Central Balcony of St Peter Basilica), and the rest of the cardinals who participated in the conclave appear at the windows at either side of the Loggia. At Buckingham, the Balcony could be for the Core members of the Firm like at the Diamond Jubilee (The Queen, The PoW, The Duchess of Cornwall, The Cambridge Family, the Sussex Family, the Duke of York, The Earl and Countess of Wessex, the Princess Royal and Vice Adm Lawrence. The rest of the extended family at the windows at either sides of the main balcony. Those windows could be draped too like the balcony to make the overall look pretty
Reply With Quote
  #1857  
Old 06-06-2019, 07:25 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Torrance, United States
Posts: 5,185
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
The logic would be to invite only those are official members of the Royal Family. According to the link posted here a while ago, that includes all descendants of King George VI (including Prince Margaret's descendants), plus the Queen's cousins who are grandchildren in male line of King George V. There is no point really to include the children and grandchildren of the Duke of Kent, the Duke of Gloucester, Princess Alexandra or Prince Michael as they are not considered members of the Royal Family.

I wouldn't be surprised if in the future that there is a clear and defining statement made regarding who is a member of the working pool of royals and who is a member of the larger extended family.
Reply With Quote
  #1858  
Old 06-06-2019, 09:32 PM
O-H Anglophile's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 3,638
Quote:
Originally Posted by alvinking View Post
It was the Diamond Jubilee. Prince Philip wasn't there, he was in hospital.
On the balcony there were, the Queen, The Prince of Wales, the Duchess of Cornwall, the Duke and the Duchess of Cambridge, and Prince Harry of Wales. Back then, the UK Media were saying that it was the future of the monarchy there, the core of Che Firm
I disliked that balcony appearance immensely. It just seemed sad and pathetic. It was a celebration of the Queen and all those people in her extended family, including her own children were not there.
Reply With Quote
  #1859  
Old 06-06-2019, 10:00 PM
Iluvbertie's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Bathurst, Australia
Posts: 13,212
The occasion where so few appeared was the Diamond Jubilee and Philip wasn't there as he was in hospital. That was to recreate who Victoria had for her Diamond Jubilee which was her heir and his children. On that occasion it was The Queen, Charles, Camilla, William, Catherine and Harry.

They were the only ones who went to the Guildhall luncheon after the official Jubilee Church Service while the rest of the family, including the Queen's other children were told they weren't wanted at that lunch (nor were they on the barge with their mother for her jubilee).

Charles planned the Jubilee and that is the most visible example of what he intends for the future.
Reply With Quote
  #1860  
Old 06-06-2019, 10:09 PM
Dman's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 15,835
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
The occasion where so few appeared was the Diamond Jubilee and Philip wasn't there as he was in hospital. That was to recreate who Victoria had for her Diamond Jubilee which was her heir and his children. On that occasion it was The Queen, Charles, Camilla, William, Catherine and Harry.

They were the only ones who went to the Guildhall luncheon after the official Jubilee Church Service while the rest of the family, including the Queen's other children were told they weren't wanted at that lunch (nor were they on the barge with their mother for her jubilee).

Charles planned the Jubilee and that is the most visible example of what he intends for the future.
The balcony is just too crowded. The principal royals get pushed to the back and side. Last year, Charles, stood completely in front of, Camilla. Her view was pretty much blocked. Meghan and Harry was also pushed to the back. The balcony isn’t long enough for everyone.
__________________

__________________
"WE CANNOT PRAY IN LOVE AND LIVE IN HATE AND STILL THINK WE ARE WORSHIPING GOD."

A.W. TOZER
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
ceremonies, official birthday, trooping the colour


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Popular Tags
american archie mountbatten-windsor asia baby names biography birth britain britannia british royal family buckingham palace camilla camilla parker-bowles camilla parker bowles china china chinese ming dynasty asia asian emperor royalty qing chinese clarence house colorblindness commonwealth countries coronation daisy doge of venice dresses duchess of sussex duke of cambridge duke of sussex edward vii family life gemstones george vi hello! henry viii hereditary grand duchess stéphanie hereditary grand duke guillaume highgrove history hochberg hypothetical monarchs jack brooksbank japan jewellery kensington palace książ castle lili mountbatten-windsor list of rulers medical meghan markle monarchy mongolia mountbatten names nara period plantinum jubilee pless politics portugal prince charles of luxembourg prince harry princess eugenie queen louise royalty of taiwan solomon j solomon spanish royal family speech sussex suthida taiwan thai royal family united states wales


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:01 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021
Jelsoft Enterprises
×