The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-09-2018, 07:00 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
Savannah was just priceless, she definitely stole the show!

MVP of the whole event.

Old 06-09-2018, 07:36 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluestocking View Post
I’m curious about who some of the other people on the balcony were. The teenage girls with dark hair must be Lady Helen Windsor’s daughters Eloise and Estella. At a guess the boys in the sailor suits are Albert and Leopold Windsor. The boy in the glasses is possibly Xan Windsor, Lord Culloden, and the blonde girl is his sister Lady Cosima. Is the younger girl a cousin of Xan and Cosima, possibly Lyla Gilman?
I agree with most of your guesses, but I think you have Cosima and Lyla reversed. I think Cosima is brunette with bangs.

And I think the two young women on the right side of the balcony (near Lady Helen) are Zenouska Mowatt (pink striped dress)and Flora Ogilvy (pale pink, large cream hat).

Old 06-09-2018, 07:47 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
I cant find Duchess anywhere in the photos but I think one of her daughters is beside Tim Lawrence and her husband is between the Michaels of Kent.

Be interested in whether anyone thinks that's right

I agree with you--Lady Rose Gilman and her husband George. I think the little blondish girl (without bangs) with one of Lord Nicholas's sons is their daughter Lyla.
I couldn't find the Duchess of Gloucester either.

Did anyone see Princess Alexandra? I found her son James, daughter-in-law Julia and granddaughters Flora and Zenouska and grandson Alexander on the balcony.
Old 06-09-2018, 10:12 PM
Imperial Majesty

Moving Clip-
Mama Catherine comforting little Charlotte after a slight slip-
World of Windsor : robgronkwowski: Princess Charlotte took a small...

A.W. TOZER
Old 06-09-2018, 10:33 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
Zara could be giving birth... and if not, it will surely happen soon.
Mia is always so cute and entertaining.
Zara will probably give birth after June 21st (summerbaby).
Princess Madeleine of Sweden was still in charge two days before giving birth to Prince Nicolas
Old 06-09-2018, 10:48 PM
Serene Highness

Does the royal family have lunch together at some point during the day of Trooping the Color? I just wondered since that is one of the few times of year they are all together.
Old 06-09-2018, 10:53 PM
Majesty

I've wondered that too, especially for the children and grandchildren and their offspring. I think it would be a bit much to have the whole extended family sitting down to a meal, but it is after all lunch time when the whole thing finishes.
Old 06-09-2018, 10:56 PM
Imperial Majesty

I wondered about that too...and then figured it makes sense that they would all go sit down and have lunch together afterwards.

LaRae
Old 06-09-2018, 11:18 PM
Aristocracy

Fair enough all points made about the people that were ON the balcony...

What about the people that were down, on the road and the mall..? Did the crowd seem smaller than other years, or is it just my impression??
Old 06-10-2018, 12:04 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjetajiem View Post
Mia is always so cute and entertaining.
Zara will probably give birth after June 21st (summerbaby).
Princess Madeleine of Sweden was still in charge two days before giving birth to Prince Nicolas
The 'due in summer' was based on speculation from when she announced.

Not every woman is as up to events right before popping. Madeleine may have thought her brother's wedding too important to miss. And since she was in Stockholm for the birth, she didn't have to travel either.

Zara lives at Gatcombe (or rumors suggest she lives at her father's property Aston farm). As much as she loves her grandmother, traveling all the way to London when ready to pop, likely wasn't high on her list. Unlike a wedding, trooping happens every year (and isn't her grandmother's actual birthday). Traveling 2 hours in a car, at 9 months pregnant, to appear on a balcony for a few minutes, would not appeal to many people at this stage.
Old 06-10-2018, 01:49 AM
Heir Apparent

This year, @TheDukeOfYork rode for the first time at Trooping in his role as Colonel of the Grenadier Guards. HRH rode on a horse from the Royal Mews called Elizabeth.
https://twitter.com/RoyalFamily/stat...69503235424257

The Duke of York will be riding Elizabeth, the previous mount of The Princess Royal.
https://twitter.com/TheDukeOfYork/st...76476328419328

The Duke has prepared for #TroopingTheColour by riding both at Windsor Castle and during two parades in London. Before this, the last time HRH rode was in Argentina in 1992!
https://twitter.com/TheDukeOfYork/st...78992168407041

Zenouska Mowatt
https://www.instagram.com/p/BjzzyhTA...n-by=zenouska1
Old 06-10-2018, 04:11 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamta View Post
Fair enough all points made about the people that were ON the balcony...

What about the people that were down, on the road and the mall..? Did the crowd seem smaller than other years, or is it just my impression??
I think part of it may just have been that the crowds were kept back down the Mall for longer due to the Lord Guthrie incident. He fell right where the public would stand and it seems the police did not let people walk up the mall to the Palace until he was moved. As such we saw that as the Royals came out on the balcony people were still filling up by the Victoria Memorial, usually they are well in place before the Queen and Royals appear. I suspect they were left with two choices either
a) wait for the public to be in place as usual which would mean the Queen and royals would miss part of the fly past or the fly past would have to be delayed (actually almost impossible to do so late on)
b) The Queen and Royals head out in time for the fly past as the public are still filling up in front of the Palace.

Thats not saying there weren't less people than other years, I just don't think we can compare like for like photos this time.
Old 06-10-2018, 04:54 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
I've wondered that too, especially for the children and grandchildren and their offspring. I think it would be a bit much to have the whole extended family sitting down to a meal, but it is after all lunch time when the whole thing finishes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by duchessrachel View Post
Does the royal family have lunch together at some point during the day of Trooping the Color? I just wondered since that is one of the few times of year they are all together.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
I wondered about that too...and then figured it makes sense that they would all go sit down and have lunch together afterwards.

LaRae
Zenouska Mowatt posted pictures on her instagram of a family lunch afterwards in a marquee in what I presume was BP.
Old 06-10-2018, 06:42 AM
Majesty

I don't understand. Normally the Duc and the Duchess of Gloucester have "preseance " on the Kents.
Again the first minor Royal next to Princess Anne 's husband : Princess Michael of Kent!
Old 06-10-2018, 06:49 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I think its because of what we saw was a family gathering with no set precedence on the balcony. There weren't any "set" places for people to be and people went where they found a spot. Only ones front and center as a rule is HM, The Queen and the kids so they could see everything and not be blocked by the "big people" in front of them.
Old 06-10-2018, 06:54 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
I don't understand. Normally the Duc and the Duchess of Gloucester have "preseance " on the Kents.
Again the first minor Royal next to Princess Anne 's husband : Princess Michael of Kent!
There's no precedence per se on the balcony, or at least a very informal one (Queen + senior royals centre stage, the "rest" where they can find a spot).

Quote:
Originally Posted by duchessrachel View Post
A buffet lunch is offered in the Centre room
Old 06-10-2018, 07:03 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post

I don't think the balcony appearance follows strict precedence, except the Queen, the Cambridges and the Prince of Wales being front and center (not quite the case for the PoW this year though). For all the rest, including apparently the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, it seems to be rather random. Of course, the children are given a "precedence" of their own in terms of being in front.

The Gloucesters and the Kents seem to try to conform to precedence moving to the left or right sides and leaving the central section for the direct descendants of Queen Elizabeth II, but among themselves, there doesn't seem to be any particular order of arrival or positioning either.

Personally, I think it is too many people to be on the balcony at the same time. There is no need for the entire extended family to come out with the "Mountbatten-Windsors". Yes, technically, from the patrilineal point of view, they are at least two different families, if not several different families if you count the Phillips, or the Mowatts, or the Gilmans, etc. as separate families from both the Windsors (male-line descendants of George V) and the Mountbatten-Windsors (male-line descendants of Prince Philip).
Old 06-10-2018, 07:37 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by crm2317 View Post
I think the boy in the glasses is Xan Windsor, Lord Culloden. I think the two boys in sailor suits are Albert and Leopold Windsor.

sons/ grandsons of what (grand-) parents?
Old 06-10-2018, 07:50 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by wartenberg7 View Post
sons/ grandsons of what (grand-) parents?
Xan Windsor is grandson to The Duke of Gloucester, his father is Alexander, Earl of Ulster.

Albert and Leopold are grandsons of The Duke of Kent, their father is Lord Nicholas Windsor.
Old 06-10-2018, 08:09 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Xan Windsor is grandson to The Duke of Gloucester, his father is Alexander, Earl of Ulster.

Albert and Leopold are grandsons of The Duke of Kent, their father is Lord Nicholas Windsor.

Which really begs the question: where does the "Royal Family" end ?

Tags
ceremonies, official birthday, trooping the colour