Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Nice one !!

Old 06-09-2018, 02:30 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
True, but why didn't the Duke of Kent ride with the Queen, instead of with the Sussexes?
HM looked rather lonely, imo.
That's what I wondered to. If they didn't want Harry and Meghwn to ride by theirselves they could have added Beatrice and Eugenie to that carrisge.

Old 06-09-2018, 02:32 PM
Serene Highness

I must say, my favorite hate of the day is definitely Camilla's!
Old 06-09-2018, 02:34 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
Wouldn’t that go to Edward first?
It would indeed make more sense to first appoint Edward and only when other position becomes available (for example when Charles ascends the throne) Harry. He probably would love to have his aunt's position but I don't think they are going to wait for that.
Old 06-09-2018, 02:47 PM
Heir Presumptive

Glad it wasn't Joseph Wenzel, as he is 3rd-in-line of the "Jacobite" claim to the throne of the Uk. Meaning he would inherit if Parliament had not decided to favour the protestant line following the Electress Sophie of Hanover but the catholic, more senior line of her first cousin Henrietta Ann Stuart of England and Scotland, daughter of Charles I and thus closer to the throne than her aunt Elisabeth Stuart, daughter of James I. of England/VI. of Scotland, who was the mother of the Electress Sophie.

This senior, but disregarded by Parliament, line ends today with The Duke of Bavaria. As he has no children, his brother Max is 1st-in-line, then Max' eldest daughter Sophia, herediary princess by marriage to the Liechtenstein throne (as wife of prince Alois) as second-in-line and after her her eldest son Johann Wenzel, who is set to become souverqain prince of Liechtenstein one day. Alas, the family is not interested in claiming the British throne.
Old 06-09-2018, 02:47 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaira View Post
I must say, my favorite hate of the day is definitely Camilla's!
Most definitely! And best dressed for sure.
Old 06-09-2018, 02:49 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
Here's one with the Duchess of Cornwall :

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/20...8541935802.jpg

She looks like a regency-lady.
Old 06-09-2018, 02:51 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Ah thank you ! I think it's the Earl of Ulster next to him, but where are the ladies ?
I cant find Duchess anywhere in the photos but I think one of her daughters is beside Tim Lawrence and her husband is between the Michaels of Kent.

Be interested in whether anyone thinks that's right

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 06-09-2018, 02:53 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
It would indeed make more sense to first appoint Edward and only when other position becomes available (for example when Charles ascends the throne) Harry. He probably would love to have his aunt's position but I don't think they are going to wait for that.
Well, what make sense to you may not make sense to the powers that be. Even today the rumors of Harry taking over persist. Lord Guthrie's good friend and colleague, Declan Ganley, tweeted this today - "Today's #TroopingtheColour was Charles Guthrie's final Trooping as after very many years he is handing over the Colonelcy of The Life Guard to Prince Harry."

Whether his friend gave him inside info, or he's just repeating the rumors, we'll have to see.
Old 06-09-2018, 03:07 PM
Majesty

Quote:
I didn't notice the Gloucesters

Prince Richard was on the far left of the balcony. The boy in glasses was probably his grandson, Lord Culloden.

The Time livestream really allowed us to see all of the family as they zoomed out to show the entire balcony. The downside was that Charles and, especially Meghan, who were further to the back, almost disappeared from the picture frame.

The BBC broadcast on the other hand zoomed in on the Queen and the center of the balcony, so we could see Charles and Meghan, but not the minor royals to the left and to the right.

Indeed it all depends on the angle and the field of view of the camera.
Old 06-09-2018, 03:10 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss whirley View Post
Well, what make sense to you may not make sense to the powers that be. Even today the rumors of Harry taking over persist. Lord Guthrie's good friend and colleague, Declan Ganley, tweeted this today - "Today's #TroopingtheColour was Charles Guthrie's final Trooping as after very many years he is handing over the Colonelcy of The Life Guard to Prince Harry."

Whether his friend gave him inside info, or he's just repeating the rumors, we'll have to see.
That's an incredible statement because (1) Lord Guthrie is now in hospital having collapsed and fallen from his horse; and (2) that the man even tweeted it.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 06-09-2018, 03:16 PM
Majesty

Life Guards would be an awkward fit for Harry, for a number of reasons. I don’t think they’ve ever had a royal as colonel. At least that I can remember. Don’t forget the regiment fought against Charles I and helped establish Cromwell.

We’ll wait and see I guess.
Old 06-09-2018, 03:17 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
Prince Richard was on the far left of the balcony. The boy in glasses was probably his grandson, Lord Culloden.

The Time livestream really allowed us to see all of the family as they zoomed out to show the entire balcony. The downside was that Charles and, especially Meghan, who were further to the back, almost disappeared from the picture frame.

The BBC broadcast on the other hand zoomed in on the Queen and the center of the balcony, so we could see Charles and Meghan, but not the minor royals to the left and to the right.

Indeed it all depends on the angle and the field of view of the camera.
And the young girl next to the boy with spectacles (Lord Culloden) might be his sister Lady Cosima Windsor.

I missed Mike, Zara and Mia Tindall.
Old 06-09-2018, 03:20 PM
Majesty

Did anyone notice a photo in which Sophie Wessex made it onto the balcony? I can find Lady Louise behind Andrew when the whole groups is out there, but I can't find her Mom! Yes, I know she rode over in a carriage.

Edit: I think during the main event, she is actually tucked behind her daughter and Andrew - there is just a bit of ecru fluff (her hat I think) visible there in a few of the shots.
Old 06-09-2018, 03:20 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kataryn View Post
Glad it wasn't Joseph Wenzel, as he is 3rd-in-line of the "Jacobite" claim to the throne of the Uk. Meaning he would inherit if Parliament had not decided to favour the protestant line following the Electress Sophie of Hanover but the catholic, more senior line of her first cousin Henrietta Ann Stuart of England and Scotland, daughter of Charles I and thus closer to the throne than her aunt Elisabeth Stuart, daughter of James I. of England/VI. of Scotland, who was the mother of the Electress Sophie.

This senior, but disregarded by Parliament, line ends today with The Duke of Bavaria. As he has no children, his brother Max is 1st-in-line, then Max' eldest daughter Sophia, herediary princess by marriage to the Liechtenstein throne (as wife of prince Alois) as second-in-line and after her her eldest son Johann Wenzel, who is set to become souverqain prince of Liechtenstein one day. Alas, the family is not interested in claiming the British throne.

It is hard to believe that, in 1714, they had to go down to number 56 to find the first Protestant in the (normal) line of succession, see Jacobite line of succession to the thrones of England and Scotland in 1714
Old 06-09-2018, 03:22 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post

Depends if they are waiting for the Duke of Kent to step down from his position with the Scots Guards for Edward
Old 06-09-2018, 03:42 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
Life Guards would be an awkward fit for Harry, for a number of reasons. I don’t think they’ve ever had a royal as colonel. At least that I can remember. Don’t forget the regiment fought against Charles I and helped establish Cromwell.

We’ll wait and see I guess.

No they didn't .They were raised initially in 1658 by Charles II himself in Belgium and then further troops were raised by Monck.They first saw action in 1672

The Coldstreams were first raised by the Commonwealth but in 1650 and followed Monck when he switched sides for the Restoration
Old 06-09-2018, 03:48 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
No they didn't .They were raised initially in 1658 by Charles II himself in Belgium and then further troops were raised by Monck.They first saw action in 1672

The Coldstreams were first raised by the Commonwealth but in 1650 and followed Monck when he switched sides for the Restoration
Yes, yes. My mistake. Thanks for the correction. So Harry having Life Guards wouldn’t be awkward, although I still don’t think he’s getting it. He’s only just been appointed the equivalent in the Royal Marines.
Old 06-09-2018, 03:52 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss whirley View Post

True. I have been surprised more often lately regarding Harry's honorary position whose uniform he decided not to wear... If he would now receive this honour I guess his new regiment will feel just an afterthought and not something in which their new honorary head takes pridd
Old 06-09-2018, 03:54 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjetajiem View Post
And the young girl next to the boy with spectacles (Lord Culloden) might be his sister Lady Cosima Windsor.

I missed Mike, Zara and Mia Tindall.
Zara could be giving birth... and if not, it will surely happen soon.

Tags
ceremonies, official birthday, trooping the colour