The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-09-2018, 10:45 AM

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-44423824

Hope this works :)

Third pic down in this BBC report.

It wouldn't be any of the Kents or the Gloucesters etc as only the immediate family - ie: the Queen and her immediate descendants are now included in these things.

Old 06-09-2018, 10:46 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte_Aster View Post
Isn't Edward in China?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
William, Charles, Andrew and Edward (Duke of Kent) and Anne all ride in their capacity as Royal Colonels. Edward is not riding this year he’s in a carriage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilse View Post
Not The Duke of Kent.

Edward (Earl of Wessex) had engagements in China through June 8. He may still be on his way home.

Edward (Duke of Kent) is riding in a carriage as he no longer rides a horse in the procession. He is a Royal Colonel.

Old 06-09-2018, 10:54 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Here are a few photos from today.

https://www.ppe-agency.com/show.php?...2018%20England
Old 06-09-2018, 10:57 AM
Courtier

Thanks! The special agreements part is interesting.
Old 06-09-2018, 11:14 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.Y.CII View Post
Thanks! The special agreements part is interesting.

Prince Joseph Wenzel of Liechtenstein is currently third in the Jacobite line of succession to the thrones of England and Scotland , after his mother and his grandfather. It would have been ironic if he were marching with the troops to salute the descendants of the Hanoverian "usurpers". I guess Blog Real has clarified the misunderstanding though.

It is a good occasion to remember, however, that, when George I, from whom Elizabeth II ultimately derives her succession rights, became king of Great Britain, he was, I think, only 56th in line to the English and Scottish thrones based on strict male-preference primogeniture.
Old 06-09-2018, 11:23 AM
Imperial Majesty

Kate and Meghan looked amazing. Meghan was simply stunning and no one would ever believe Kate just gave birth only weeks ago.

What little characters the children are!

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 06-09-2018, 11:37 AM
Imperial Majesty

Great catching up on the parade. Nice to see Harry finally no longer the 'tag along prince'. He gets to sit with his wife in their carriage instead of having to tag along, riding backwards, with his stepmother and sister in law. I don't think it has anything to do with making room for the kids, who weren't there.

The kids definitely stole the show. Savannah was my favorite. I assume with Zara about to pop, her and Mike and Mia are home. Mia definitely would have been giving Charlotte a run for her money in attention.

Nice seeing they invited the Thai princesses up to be part.
Old 06-09-2018, 11:40 AM

Just looked at the pictures again and it is clear that the whole extended family WERE there after all so you are probably right :)
Old 06-09-2018, 11:51 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
Princess Eugenie and Sarah proud for Prince Andrew!

[url]
Tom and Sara Parker-Bowles with his sister Laura Lopes and their children

https://www.rexfeatures.com/livefeed...=Laura%20Lopes
It's a lovely tradition : Camilla's children and part of the Staff gather each year in front of Clarence House and wave to the Duchess(es).

And here you can see the duchesses waving back :

https://hips.hearstapps.com/hmg-prod...1528540847.jpg
Old 06-09-2018, 11:55 AM
Majesty

So, it is interesting to go back to previous years and look at the relative positions of the family on the balcony. They do move around, though the common thread is that some of the kids are always included front/center right of the Queen.

I think it's lovely that Her Majesty was flanked by Charles and Andrew this year. But it was odd to see Camilla relegated to the back row.

I don't read much into this - I just think the positioning make for a spiffing grouping. Sans Phillip, it made Her Majesty look very protected/cared for/honored/honorable. I just have grown so used to seeing that large hatted lady standing immediately to the left of Charles.

Someone posted photos of the Parker Bowles/Lopez family from today. Does anyone know where they would have been positioned on the grounds, relative to the balcony? I don't think we have ever discussed where friends and others get to stand for the event?
Old 06-09-2018, 12:03 PM
Serene Highness

Just so nice to them all together!
Old 06-09-2018, 12:03 PM
Heir Apparent

One of my favorite photos from today featuring a small fox running around at Horse Guards.

https://www.townandcountrymag.com/so...e-colour-2018/

Quote:
The animal, who was probably just looking for a way back in to St. James's Park where foxes are known to live, amused the spectators waiting for the Queen to arrive at the event that marks her official birthday.
Old 06-09-2018, 12:06 PM
Royal Highness

I saw a clip where the Sussexes left the palace in a carriage Harry gave a salute and Meghan bowed her head. What was the significance? Why wasn't Jack, Eugenie's fiance, in a carriage since he and Eugenie are going to be married this October? And, a guardsman of Indian heritage wore a turban instead of a bear fur hat in the parade.
Old 06-09-2018, 12:15 PM
Nobility

I have searched in vain for a good photo of the Duke of Kent in the carriage with Harry and Meghan. Poor man was cropped out of almost every photo haha!
Old 06-09-2018, 12:18 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
Lovely pic of The Queen and The Duchess of Cambridge having a laugh

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DfQYrFzWsAAp8dx.jpg
Probably about having to catch Charlotte after her stumble or the antics of George and his cousin! Nice to see a little more personality coming out.

LaRae
Old 06-09-2018, 12:24 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post

I think it's lovely that Her Majesty was flanked by Charles and Andrew this year. But it was odd to see Camilla relegated to the back row.
In fact it really depends on the angle, but there was clearly a happy and chatty group just behind the Queen, including Sophie, Beatrice, Camilla, Meghan and Harry :

Old 06-09-2018, 12:33 PM
Imperial Majesty

I hope the Field Marshall, Lord Guthrie, is okay. He became ill and fell off his horse. He’s in the hospital now.

A.W. TOZER
Old 06-09-2018, 12:35 PM
Majesty

Trooping The Colour:
HM The Queen Attends Trooping The Colour - Zimbio
Old 06-09-2018, 12:35 PM
Majesty

Most likely the one you were pointing out is Estella Taylor (13 years old). Youngest daughter of Lady Helen Taylor, the only daughter of the Duke of Kent. Her sister Eloise (15) was standing next to her.
Old 06-09-2018, 12:39 PM
Majesty

If you watched it live there was good interaction between everyone. They all seem close or at least very friendly with each other.

Tags
ceremonies, official birthday, trooping the colour