The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-09-2018, 08:33 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
More likely they will have George in the front carriage next year. He will then be about the same age William was when he started riding in the carriages and as the future King takes precedence over Harry.

This is a clear sign that Harry has been moved down to allow for his nephews and niece to eventually take their place ahead of him.
I believe William first rode in the carriage before he turned 5, which would be this year for George.

And I donít think the move is to prepare space for George and Charlotte next year as much as it is to give Harry and Meghan front facing seats. They could always do that starting next year when George, or George and Charlotte, starts riding in the carriage. They saved no seats for Earl of Wessex or Jack for next year in that last carriage. The photos from the backfacing seats are always a little odd looking and have to be from a certain angle in order to cut out the men behind them.

And really, if we really want to talk about demotion, the bigger question is who will be cut next year as Edward wasnít present this year and the last carriage fit both York Princess and Countess of Wessex and Lady Louise? I supposed Louise wouldnít ride in carriage next year? What about Jack joining? Who is that going to kick off?

Old 06-09-2018, 08:33 AM
Courtier

My mother and I both laughed out loud when Savannah covered George's mouth as he was either singing or talking during the national anthem.

Charles appears to have a new tunic as it looks very bright around the collar. His old one was looking its age.

Andrew could do with losing a few pounds, I actually felt sorry for his horse to be honest.

Old 06-09-2018, 08:34 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fem View Post
I don't know from what source you were watching that, but BBC offered a clear view of her and Harry a lot.

I've actually seen complaints on social media (not a lot) that the BBC focused TOO much on Meghan (and Harry). LOL. You can't win.

The Time livestream I watched was at an awful angle so pretty much everyone besides the Queen was hard to see.

Lady Louise looks like such a lady! My how she has grown up and seemingly overnight
Old 06-09-2018, 08:35 AM
Royal Highness

I think all the royal women looked fabulous!
Old 06-09-2018, 08:37 AM
Courtier

Also, while my heart stopped for a second there when Princess Charlotte fell down, it showed how great bond Duchess of Cambridge has with her children. I find it heartwarming that her and Duke of Cambridge still manage to be great, hands-on parents for their kids.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaira View Post
I've actually seen complaints on social media (not a lot) that the BBC focused TOO much on Meghan (and Harry). LOL. You can't win.
They did focus on them quite a lot, tbh. On one hand I do understand that, because she's the newest addition to the family, but I can also understand how it could bother some people. BBC offered a better view of Duke and Duchess of Sussex than of Prince George.
Old 06-09-2018, 08:41 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fem View Post
I don't know from what source you were watching that, but BBC offered a clear view of her and Harry a lot.

I mean on the balcony, see the YouTube clip I linked (the Time livestream).

The BBC link is not available here.
Old 06-09-2018, 08:42 AM
Royal Highness

I watched the Time like because the BBC live link was not available to me. The camera angles were awful. Would not be watching that link again. Instead, I will wait until it is on Youtube.
Old 06-09-2018, 08:43 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
I believe William first rode in the carriage before he turned 5, which would be this year for George.

And I don’t think the move is to prepare space for George and Charlotte next year as much as it is to give Harry and Meghan front facing seats. They could always do that starting next year when George, or George and Charlotte, starts riding in the carriage. They saved no seats for Earl of Wessex or Jack for next year in that last carriage. The photos from the backfacing seats are always a little odd looking and have to be from a certain angle in order to cut out the men behind them.

And really, if we really want to talk about demotion, the bigger question is who will be cut next year as Edward wasn’t present this year and the last carriage fit both York Princess and Countess of Wessex and Lady Louise? I supposed Louise wouldn’t ride in carriage next year? What about Jack joining? Who is that going to kick off?
If they want to fit all the members who have been in the carriages for years, they could do.
First Carriage - Dsses of Cambridge and Cornwall, George in between them, like what was done for William in 1987, and the Duke and Dss of Sussex.
Second Carriage - Princess Beatrice and Eugenie, Jack and the Duke of Kent
Third Carriage - Wessex Family

I think Harry and Meghan were with the Duke of Kent so he wouldn't be left alone, with Edward in China and the Duke of York now riding, they probably just wanted to spread the wealth because the usual carriage roster was already messed up a bit and the Countess of Wessex and Lady Louise by themselves might have looked weird. Just my two cents.
Old 06-09-2018, 08:47 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalHighness 2002 View Post
If they want to fit all the members who have been in the carriages for years, they could do.
First Carriage - Dsses of Cambridge and Cornwall, George in between them, like what was done for William in 1987, and the Duke and Dss of Sussex.
Second Carriage - Princess Beatrice and Eugenie, Jack and the Duke of Kent
Third Carriage - Wessex Family

I think Harry and Meghan were with the Duke of Kent so he wouldn't be left alone, with Edward in China and the Duke of York now riding, they probably just wanted to spread the wealth because the usual carriage roster was already messed up a bit and the Countess of Wessex and Lady Louise by themselves might have looked weird. Just my two cents.
Like I said, they likely wanted to give the Sussexes front facing seats than to save seat for George and eventually Charlotte. They simply donít do that. And I agree next year is going to be changed all over again. So we shall see what happens.
Old 06-09-2018, 08:47 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
I mean on the balcony, see the YouTube clip I linked (the Time livestream).

The BBC link is not available here.
Then it all depends on what source we used. Maybe BBC will upload the clip later on? I don't know what's their policy with things like that.
Old 06-09-2018, 08:48 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
some tough decision will need to be made..
OR, to increase the length of the Balcony, as part of the extensive renovations at the Palace, they could extend the Balcony to encompass the twin Columns on either side of the Pediment...
Old 06-09-2018, 08:51 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyevale View Post
OR, to increase the length of the Balcony, as part of the extensive renovations at the Palace, they could extend the Balcony to encompass the twin Columns on either side of the Pediment...
But can they alter the appearance of a building that old?
Old 06-09-2018, 08:53 AM
Royal Highness

Was James the boy in the glasses ?
Old 06-09-2018, 08:54 AM
Imperial Majesty

Loved every second of this- Moving Clip-
https://mobile.twitter.com/Gertsroya...22624917291008

A.W. TOZER
Old 06-09-2018, 08:54 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire View Post
Nope, he wasn't there, at least not on the balcony.
Old 06-09-2018, 08:56 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire View Post

No, James wasn't on the balcony as far as I can tell.
Old 06-09-2018, 08:58 AM

A few of my own photos from today -Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0413.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	211.6 KB
ID:	301305Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_3516.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	93.7 KB
ID:	301306Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_3460.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	224.3 KB
ID:	301307Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_3415.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	222.9 KB
ID:	301308Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_3380.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	224.0 KB
ID:	301309Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_3354.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	218.5 KB
ID:	301310Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_3358.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	223.7 KB
ID:	301311

God Save The Queen!

Old 06-09-2018, 08:58 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terri Terri View Post
I watched the Time like because the BBC live link was not available to me. The camera angles were awful. Would not be watching that link again. Instead, I will wait until it is on Youtube.
Hmm, me too and the interference was annoying.

I had a small giggle to myself when I say HM leave the Palace in an Ascot Landau and I remembered all the wailing about Harry choosing one for his wedding because they were not the prettiest landaus. Then the technical experts came out to explain that the Ascot is higher and the best sprung Landau's they have. Which means a smoother ride for the passenger. No wonder HM skipped the grander versions. A very pragmatic lady is our Queen.

Ah Savannah, I cracked up when she silenced George. She did it with such practised ease it leaves me wondering if she has had previous training.
Old 06-09-2018, 09:00 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
can they alter the appearance of a building that old?
Altho' its a Grade 1 listed building [the MOST important category], it would be possible[with the correct permissions] especially since the work would be unobtrusive, and is entirely in keeping with 'Classical Architectural' practice and precedent.
Old 06-09-2018, 09:01 AM
Imperial Majesty

Video:
The Duchesses of Cambridge, Sussex and the Duke of Sussex giving a nice curtsy and Bow to The Queen-
https://mobile.twitter.com/Jashalee/...614016/video/1

A.W. TOZER

Tags
ceremonies, official birthday, trooping the colour