The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-09-2018, 08:10 AM
Serene Highness

The four royal children watch and clap in delight as the RAF flypast takes place overhead #TroopingtheColour

https://twitter.com/RoyalCentral/sta...19905959776256

Savannah Phillips does not like her cousin Prince George singing the national anthem. She places her hands on his mouth as the music starts playing #TroopingtheColour

https://twitter.com/RoyalCentral/sta...20919676948482

The Queen has a huge smile on her face as the sky fills up with red, white and blue #TroopingtheColour

https://twitter.com/RoyalCentral/sta...20305634988033

Old 06-09-2018, 08:13 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
Yes, it looks like the Queen told Charles to move forward, but he didn't. He remained behind with Camilla. Harry and Meghan were further back and almost out of the picture frame.

It was a very crowded balcony.
Charles did move forward, at one point the Queen was framed by her two eldest sons. Camilla stayed just behind the Queen, next to the duchess of Sussex.

Old 06-09-2018, 08:16 AM
Heir Apparent

The Aeroplanes from the Flypast have just flown over my House [in NW London],as they always do after a flypast at Buck House, en route to their bases.

Incredibly impressive and NOISY...
Old 06-09-2018, 08:17 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Yes, it looks like the Queen told Charles to move forward, but he didn't. He remained behind with Camilla. Harry and Meghan were further back and almost out of the picture frame, which must have frustated all those American tourists in the crowd.

It was a very crowded balcony.
CNN's commentary was pretty amusing but she could be seen.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DfP650lW0AEwBu_.jpg:large

The kids stole the show for me. Very crowded up there. How proud for HMQ.
Old 06-09-2018, 08:18 AM
Serene Highness

I think its less about importance than about whatever the individuals want. Andrew was in a more "prominent" position than Charles if we are going by position = importance.

Camilla was right next to Meghan in the back. Charles was behind Kate. It just seems they were all where they wanted to be and the kids were front and center.

Good thing IMO because the kids are ADORABLE! The little cousins look soo close which is so nice to see!
Old 06-09-2018, 08:19 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetticoatLane View Post
The children were wonderful on the balcony! George was thoroughly shut up when the national anthem was playing LOL!

Little Charlotte is a real character too.

You can tell they are around each other quite a bit ...which is nice to know.

Too funny about George getting silenced!

LaRae
Old 06-09-2018, 08:19 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Ofcourse the Queen should have been the centre of attention on the balcony but her great grandchildren were today!
Old 06-09-2018, 08:20 AM
Heir Presumptive

Yeah I loved it when Savannah put her hand over George’s mouth!
Old 06-09-2018, 08:22 AM
Heir Presumptive

who were these cute boys on the left in their smart sailor suits?
Old 06-09-2018, 08:23 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
Ofcourse the Queen should have been the centre of attention on the balcony but her great grandchildren were today!
I don't think Queen minds that at all The children always steal the show for many of us.
Old 06-09-2018, 08:23 AM
Nobility

Alás, this was a wonderful outing for the entire clan - it was lovely to see the extended family all up there (although it is getting more jam-packed with each passing year and I reckon sooner than later some tough decisions will need to be made..) Was especially great to see Lady Louise in the carriage and the wee ones enjoying the show.
Old 06-09-2018, 08:24 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaira View Post
I think its less about importance than about whatever the individuals want. Andrew was in a more "prominent" position than Charles if we are going by position = importance.

Camilla was right next to Meghan in the back. Charles was behind Kate. It just seems they were all where they wanted to be and the kids were front and center.

Good thing IMO because the kids are ADORABLE! The little cousins look soo close which is so nice to see!
There is always a debate about that. My guess is there is some kind of precedence (senior royals up front) but, as the balcony is really not that large, at the end it's wherever you can find a decent spot.
Today the Queen was indeed surounded by all the senior royals, so mission accomplished.
Old 06-09-2018, 08:24 AM
Majesty

The problem was that William and Kate had to stay in front to look after the children, and since they are both very tall, they were blocking the view from the people behind. At one point, when Charlotte fell and Kate had to carry her, Kate and Charlotte were directly in front of Charles, who disappeared momentarily from the frame. Charles, on the other hand, was in front of Meghan. I think I saw Meghan's hat and glimpses of her face once or twice, and that was it !

I didn't see Charles actually moving to the front despite the Queen's insistence.

https://youtu.be/mTYAMfUkHLQ?t=11163
Old 06-09-2018, 08:27 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by crm2317 View Post
Yeah I loved it when Savannah put her hand over George’s mouth!
I cracked up. Literally laughed out loud.
Old 06-09-2018, 08:28 AM
Heir Presumptive

Second balcony appearance : chatting and laughing all around :

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/20...8547105186.jpg
Old 06-09-2018, 08:29 AM
Imperial Majesty

Those kids beautifully stole the show. Charlotte tapping her hands to the National Anthem, Savannah Phillips directing the music and George waving and being silenced by Savannah was beyond hilarious.

It was great to see Harry and Meghan back and enjoying the parade. The Queen’s appearance alone without Prince Philip continues to let us know that he’s retired. Although I’m sure he watched the coverage.

A.W. TOZER
Old 06-09-2018, 08:29 AM
Imperial Majesty

I think it's a nice 'relaxer' when the kids get out there are start being kids. The Queen doesn't seem to mind it either.

LaRae
Old 06-09-2018, 08:31 AM
Royal Highness

It is so fantastic to see Harry with his wife and looking so happy! No more a third wheel!!!!
Serene Highness

I have said this before, but I guess I just didn't realize how "total" Philip's retirement would be. I kind of assumed he would still attend the big events like Trooping.

Perhaps he didn't this year because of his hip.
Courtier

Quote:
I think I saw Meghan's hat and glimpses of her face once or twice, and that was it !
I don't know from what source you were watching that, but BBC offered a clear view of her and Harry a lot.

Tags
ceremonies, official birthday, trooping the colour