Trooping the Colour 2003-2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
More likely they will have George in the front carriage next year. He will then be about the same age William was when he started riding in the carriages and as the future King takes precedence over Harry.

This is a clear sign that Harry has been moved down to allow for his nephews and niece to eventually take their place ahead of him.

European monarchies are based on primogeniture and the Sussex family is the second line. It is natural that they should be given lower precedence than the Cambridges. I wouldn't call it a "demotion" as Curryong put it.

The BBC just said that Lord Guthrie fell from his horse on the return to Buckingham Palace he's 79,I do hope he will be ok!

Apparently there was some kind of an incident, a field marshal fall from his horse ...

The Kings troop are about to start the gun salute!

Apparently there was some kind of an incident, a field marshal fall from his horse ...

Lord Guthrie is a life peer and former Chief of the Defence Staff. Americans might remember him from his appearances on TV during the Kosovo campaign in the 1990s.

He also supported the "Leave" side on the EU referendum, after having initially backed "Remain".

Field Marshall Lord Guthrie (Colonel of the Life Guards) was thrown from his horse as they returned back to Buckingham Palace. He's currently being treated at the scene and condition is unknown.

A spokesperson says that 79-year-old Guthrie is being "well looked after" and is now in an ambulance en route to hospital.

Oh no. Prayers for a speedy recovery.

Oh wow, I'm surprised the BBC actually gave Eugenie and Jack a mention on their little overview of the year, I honestly wouldn't have put it past them.

Poor Charlotte looks scared and nearly fell from the balcony. I always get nervous with little kids standing at open balconies like that.

Where is the Duchess of Sussex ? She is behind Charles and Camilla and we can barely see her.

Last edited:
It looks like the Queen motioned for either Charles or Harry to come forward. Weird that Charles and Camilla were so in the back but I guess they want to give the kids prime spots for watching!

THE DUCHESS OF KENT!! I'm so happy to see her again, especially at Trooping even though it's not very up close.

The Queen is looking so great for 92, doesn't she?

--------------------

They are now walking inside BP.

The kids never fail to amuse. George got silenced. Haha.

The children were wonderful on the balcony! George was thoroughly shut up when the national anthem was playing LOL!

Little Charlotte is a real character too.

It looks like the Queen motioned for either Charles or Harry to come forward. Weird that Charles and Camilla were so in the back but I guess they want to give the kids prime spots for watching!

Yes, it looks like the Queen told Charles to move forward, but he didn't. He remained behind with Camilla. Harry and Meghan were further back and almost out of the picture frame, which must have frustated all those American tourists in the crowd.

It was a very crowded balcony.

Last edited:
The four royal children watch and clap in delight as the RAF flypast takes place overhead #TroopingtheColour

Savannah Phillips does not like her cousin Prince George singing the national anthem. She places her hands on his mouth as the music starts playing #TroopingtheColour

The Queen has a huge smile on her face as the sky fills up with red, white and blue #TroopingtheColour

Last edited:
Yes, it looks like the Queen told Charles to move forward, but he didn't. He remained behind with Camilla. Harry and Meghan were further back and almost out of the picture frame.

Charles did move forward, at one point the Queen was framed by her two eldest sons. Camilla stayed just behind the Queen, next to the duchess of Sussex.

The Aeroplanes from the Flypast have just flown over my House [in NW London],as they always do after a flypast at Buck House, en route to their bases.

Incredibly impressive and NOISY...

Yes, it looks like the Queen told Charles to move forward, but he didn't. He remained behind with Camilla. Harry and Meghan were further back and almost out of the picture frame, which must have frustated all those American tourists in the crowd.

CNN's commentary was pretty amusing but she could be seen.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DfP650lW0AEwBu_.jpg:large

The kids stole the show for me. Very crowded up there. How proud for HMQ.

I think its less about importance than about whatever the individuals want. Andrew was in a more "prominent" position than Charles if we are going by position = importance.

Camilla was right next to Meghan in the back. Charles was behind Kate. It just seems they were all where they wanted to be and the kids were front and center.

Good thing IMO because the kids are ADORABLE! The little cousins look soo close which is so nice to see!

The children were wonderful on the balcony! George was thoroughly shut up when the national anthem was playing LOL!

Little Charlotte is a real character too.

You can tell they are around each other quite a bit ...which is nice to know.

Too funny about George getting silenced!

LaRae

Ofcourse the Queen should have been the centre of attention on the balcony but her great grandchildren were today!

Yeah I loved it when Savannah put her hand over George’s mouth!

who were these cute boys on the left in their smart sailor suits?

Ofcourse the Queen should have been the centre of attention on the balcony but her great grandchildren were today!
I don't think Queen minds that at all :lol: The children always steal the show for many of us.

Back
Top Bottom