Trooping the Colour 2003-2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't think it has any particular significance as to why he rode directly behind on the way back. It may just be the way the horses fell into line when they were leaving Horse Guards.

He was joined by a non royal colonel when walking up the mall though.

If you look back at previous Troopings, he does the same thing. Perhaps because he’s the heir he rides back to the palace nearer to The Queen’s carriage.

Court Circular 25th July:
Appendix to Court Circular

Notice is hereby given that in 2020 the date for observance of The Queen’s Birthday at home and abroad will be Saturday, 13th June.

No big surprise here.

"In line with Government advice, it has been agreed that The Queen’s Birthday Parade, also known as Trooping the Colour, will not go ahead in its traditional form. A number of other options are being considered, in line with relevant guidance."

It was to be expected. I am sure all of the June events will be cancelled as well.

Last edited:
Are there any June events that could be held in a later month?

To be expected,I wonder if 2020 is the 1st year not to have a Trooping of the Colours?

To be expected,I wonder if 2020 is the 1st year not to have a Trooping of the Colours?

There was one year it was cancelled because of a train strike. In the fifties I think. I'll look it up.

And in 1948 because of the weather apparently. I didn't know that.

Anyone have any idea what "other options" in the announcement might mean?

Anyone have any idea what "other options" in the announcement might mean?

They might postpone it a few months. It’s not the Queen’s real birthday anyway, just a random date they picked because the weather is usually nice.

I suspect it will be more a matter of the Queen driving to Horseguards, only one section of the regiment trooping and the Queen driving back to BP. No carriages, no balcony, and only the Queen and maybe Charles and Camilla (assuming the isolation on older Brits has been lifted).

I wouldn't be surprised to find that in the end Trooping is cancelled along with the Garter and Ascot.

The evidence seems to be that lockdown has to last at least for two months - making the lockdown in the UK still being in effect well into May if not into June.

When we see what happens in China as they lift their lockdown in Wuhan. If this leads to a second spike it is possible that the rest of us have to accept the very real possibility of 6 months (as the Aussie PM has suggested - but we are also approaching our flu season as well and that usually fills our hospitals, especially ICU from June to August).

Will we be having a mini carriage procession, mini balcony appearance - maybe just Charles in his boxers and a mini fly pass with the Red Arrows.

Because if we are not I can do it in Lego and place it on Youtube.

It has been reported that a “mini” Queen’s Birthday Parade will be held in the forecourt of Windsor Castle on the occasion of Her Majesty’s Official Birthday.

Well the upper quadrangle is huge. You could probably have a full size trooping there. Not sure if that would do the lawn any good mind you.

There was a big march up to the castle & then around the quadrangle during the last jubilee. Maybe that might be a model to follow. Except for the navy of course - they can't march!

Last edited:
I'm already looking forward to the weekend,lets hope the weather behaves!

:previous:

Looks a bit iffy but fingers crossed.

Described as "a ceremony". Intrigued to see what happens.

Thanks for the link! I looked at The Royal Family account on YouTube but didn't think to look at the BBC.

Last edited by a moderator:
Its a wonderful sunny morning at Windsor a pity it wasn't at Horse Guards but there's always next year.

Reduced to its simplest form, it's still uber regal and magnificent...
HM seems in good spirit and looks well.

He'd be breaking the lockdown travel restrictions if he did.

What restriction? He’s back in London supposedly and as long as he was two metres away from his mother in an outside place he could have attended.

There’s no restriction on how far someone can travel to see relatives now.

Back
Top Bottom